Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod now or later

iPod now or later
murdoc158
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2006, 05:58 PM

Simple question, I have a $40 MIR from mac-connection that brings the price of an 80GB iPod down to $309. The iPod must be purchased by 12/31/2006 to qualify. So my question is should I get it now, or will Apple release a new 80GB iPod after Macworld in a few weeks? Has anyone heard rumors of the new iPods?

Side note:
As far as protection what is everyone using? I saw this and it looks like a good product. Any feedback? As always thanks in advance.
iMac 24" 2.16GHz C2D, 2GB SDRAM, 500GB HD, 7600GT,
Apple B/T Keyboard, Logitech MX Revolution,
M-Audio BX5a's, M-Audio Fast Track Pro.

badsey
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 28, 2006, 06:09 PM

I believe that it is just one of those $5-6 plastic sheet types (not a sticker = the plastic is almost magnetic) of things you can get anywhere. I have one for my iPod video 5G and I like it, I also put a silicon type case over it (does not protect the screen or touch wheel = but the plastic cover protects that).

If this case was plastic I worry about scratches on the iPod. For my iPod Nano I have a hello kitty sticker with a clear silicone cover = looks neat and original.

2nd from the left, about $5 for the set.

the 80GB iPod video is thicker than the 30GB version. = Cases that work for the 30GB will be not deep enough (front to back) for the 80GB version. The 80GB version may be nicer now with all the video downloads from YouTube and movies that people watch. Bigger battery on the 80GB also. The 30GB iPod Video will only play about 2-3 hours before a recharge.

Forum Links
Forum Rules