Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Daylight Savings Time.... potentially critical Mac OS error?

Daylight Savings Time.... potentially critical Mac OS error?
©öñFü$íóÑ
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2007, 07:48 AM

according to this article, here, Windows operating systems (prior to Vista) will be affected by this new act passed by the U.S. Congress.

Being a Mac user, I'm wondering if this will at all affect Mac users..... from OS X to as far back as OS 8?

If so, is it possible that Apple will release just a minor patch for the older Mac OS's to address this?

Don't bully me, I got an Uzi... HOO-HAH!

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2007, 07:59 AM

The DST update has already been released for 10.3 and 10.4. If you are using an older system version you need to set the clock manually.

About Daylight Saving Time changes in 2007

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 4, 2007, 10:12 AM

There's also a DST update for Windows, and I think it's going to be released as an automatic update before the real date. There are a lot of MS products that worry about date and are in trouble-including stuff that many corporations use to coordinate things, such as Outlook's calendar feature. That stuff takes multiple updates (OS, Outlook, Win Mobile for handhelds, etc.), and it a royal pain. Apple's only issue with the new start and end dates seems to be with the OS itself, and that's been handled as TETENAL says.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2007, 10:41 AM

People who use Microsoft Office 2004 need to apply patch 11.3.4 to get Entourage in line with the new Daylight Savings Time.

kcmac
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2007, 10:44 PM

Our IT guys have installed the Windows patch. They worry that Outlook will get a huge hosing from people that don't patch and send invitations. They expect disaster. But I guess that is always "their" Outlook...hahaha.

OreoCookie
Mar 6, 2007, 08:08 AM

… it's their Vista, so to speak
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules