Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Should I wait?

Should I wait?
TLP31
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2007, 11:22 AM

I'm currently running a 20" Ghz Core Duo Intel iMac, but will soon be upgrading to a 24" 2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac.

At least that's my plan. Should I wait? Does Apple have something new in the wings that will make me PO'd if I purchase now?

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 24, 2007, 11:30 AM

sageimac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2007, 12:26 PM

I'm waiting. Macscoop is posting rumors of a black iMac coming late March, along with Leopard. http://www.macscoop.com/articles/200...mac-on-the-way

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 24, 2007, 12:54 PM

The iMacs should see a moderate refresh in April (give or take a month). New chipset (more RAM, faster FSB, flash memory acceleration), marginally faster CPUs (2.6Ghz), better video card, and probably bigger stock hard drives. Leopard and iLife '07 will probably be released around that time, so those would both be included.

mi_canuck
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2007, 04:40 PM

That would be really cool. I have an eye on a 24" iMac, but from the rumoured refresh coming soon, I can definitely hold off.

cheers

lostjamie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2007, 04:43 PM

I had the same problem but after it arrives it's all gone. What else can they do now? The specifications i have for mine are absolutely amazing and i don't see anything that could beat it. The rumour sites have been rumouring that there will be an Cinema Display update and that hasnt happened for a good 3/4 years, so don't expect anything amazing to happen to the iMac.

If you need it now, buy it, if you can wait and still use your old one then do so. But really i wouldnt see anything amazing being released that will improve the great roduct that it is already.

Take care
Browsing on a 24" iMac with 3GB of RAM and a super duper fast processor and lots of goodies :)

quiklee
Senior User
Mar 5, 2007, 01:33 AM

I'd wait if I were you . . . but give yourself a cutoff date becaue with all the rumors that go around . . you never really know when a product is really coming out . . .
I am part of Lakers Nation and love to buy Used Golf Clubs

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 7, 2007, 08:44 AM

Wait if you can. There is only one rule of buying: buy what you need when you need it.

If you need a computer *now* then you need it now. There is no 'bad' moment to buy. Unless you buy a machine you don't need.

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

mi_canuck
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2007, 03:11 PM

Can the iMac 24" have it's graphic card updated by the user (ie. from a 7300 to a 7600)?

thnx

TLP31  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2007, 09:19 PM

Thanks to all for your replies. I'll hold off on my purchase for a month or so to see what may come.

Forum Links
Forum Rules