Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Transfer music to Motorola KRAZR from iTunes/iMac

Transfer music to Motorola KRAZR from iTunes/iMac
dadder
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2007, 04:51 PM

I am looking for a way to drop music on my Motorola KRAZR that is NOT via V-Cast, but just stuff from my iTunes or my iMac desktop. I purchased a 2GB card for the phone and have it installed and ready, but I have had no luck getting my phone to appear on the desktop via a USB cable. I've hooked both up via Bluetooth and have successfully transferred my Address book, but so far no luck with files like images or music. Supposedly, the phone can only take 128 bitrate songs, which is fine and I've converted some for trying that, but that still doesn't work. BTW, I have verizon and understand Cingular has iTunes available for a few Motorola phones
Any ideas? There is a Motorola Music Essentials Kit for the KRAZR for $29.99, but I think it's only for PCs.
Thx!

mfbernstein
Senior User
Apr 1, 2007, 11:23 PM

I think your best bet is to use an SD card reader, and copy the files directly through the Finder. I don't think there's any native Mac support for transferring files to the KRZR itself via the Finder or iTunes, and I'm all but certain that the CD you mentioned is PC only. This is what I've done with my RAZR v3xx which seems to be similarly limited.

The only phone I know of with actual iTunes support is the SLVR L7 (well, and the original ROKR), which is a bit dated at this point.

applgeek
Apr 2, 2007, 02:51 AM

NO. YOU Have Verizon. Verizon restricts this. If you didnt have verizon, this wouldt be a problem. Apparently, verizons excuse is that they dont want you to transfer Vcast music to your computer.

You may be able to hack your way through it.

or you can dump verizon.
Script For Escaping Verizon Contracts Without Fee, Based On Text Message Rate Raises - Consumerist

verizon even locks down bluetooth, so you can even use that. Note that the slvr, rokr, gsm krzr, and v3i are present on CINGULAR. They have no problem sharing music.

Good luck!
--applgeek
You can email me at [email protected] or aim me at applgeek

I am a proud blogger at freecasts.net!

Joy Of Tech!

Forum Links
Forum Rules