Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Omnioutliner stalls at launch

Omnioutliner stalls at launch
Juggler
Forum Regular
Apr 21, 2007, 10:01 AM

OmniOutliner stalls at launch when my powerbook is connected to the internet. It takes a couple of minutes to launch and in the meantime it just hangs.

If I disconnect from the internet (by turning Airport off) then OmniOutliner launches briskly as usual.

Has anybody else had the same problem?

JKT
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2007, 12:52 PM

Do you have the option to check for software updates (in OmniOutliner) set? It's possible that there was something wrong with the OmniGroup servers at the time that caused the check to be slow and made the launch take longer than usual. Is it still persisting? OmniOutliner Pro launches without problem for me.

Juggler  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 22, 2007, 01:58 PM

Thank you JKT. I turned off automatic updates but still experience the same problem. Only when I am connected to the internet... weird.

JKT
Professional Poster
Apr 22, 2007, 02:06 PM

I suggest you use the Send Feedback option from under OmniOutliner's help menu to contact OmniGroup directly for help. This isn't normal behaviour and they'll (hopefully) be able to help you track down the cause.

Forum Links
Forum Rules