Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Metroid Prime 3. Should there be online multiplayer ?

View Poll Results: Should the upcoming Metroid Prime 3 corruption have an online component ?
Poll Options:
Yes 4 votes (57.14%)
In some capacity 1 votes (14.29%)
No 2 votes (28.57%)
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
Metroid Prime 3. Should there be online multiplayer ?
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
May 9, 2007, 07:20 PM

Should the upcoming Metroid Prime 3 corruption have an online component ? personally i think not. Metroid (from the gamecube games anyway) is a single player experience, and adding online multiplayer/co-op/etc..would be unnecessary.

Cheers

gbafan
Dedicated MacNNer
May 9, 2007, 07:40 PM

I voted "yes" not because I personally would play online Metroid but since I believe Nintendo needs to show they are truly onboard with online multi-player for Wii. Once the Wii shortage and initial "honeymoon" is over, Nintendo will need to focus on delivering stellar software in order to continue to drive sales. Their other option is to release colored Wii's... oops, I've said to much
MacBook Pro

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 9, 2007, 08:32 PM

I think it would be hard to make a multiplayer Metroid different from any other of the dozens of FPSes out there, since it's the exploration that makes Metroid fun, and I don't know if it's possible to fit that into a multiplayer experience. But then again it would add value to the game, since I'm sure there would be some people who would enjoy it. And I agree with gbafan that Nintendo really needs to get on the ball with regard to online multiplayer.

highstakes
Senior User
May 10, 2007, 02:45 AM

Only Nintendo games online that would be fun online is probably Super Smash Brother and Goldeneye. I would love to see more Nintendo games online, but honestly I think they dont give a **** about online gaming.

Forum Links
Forum Rules