Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > nVidia GEforce MX driver update

nVidia GEforce MX driver update
Castor
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2001, 03:25 PM

> I already posted parts of this story as a reaction to the MacNN article.If this is crossposting, let me know and I won't do it again. <

I also had a problemwith the nVidia updat. The installer "could not locate the InterfaceLib", this seemed to be caused by automount of Stuffit (the shrinkwrap way). I ejected the image and mounted by doubleclick. Then, it worked.

However, I got the message stating that I didn't need the update. This would be OK, if it weren't for the fact that the 1017F ROM is meant to be fixed. I have 1017F rom, so I took tomeviewer to extract stuff. Put the extensions in place and my machine is much faster and games really perform better. Especially Quake III and Oni. Slight twitch to the left of the screen during start-up, bu tI am afraid to run the rom flasher that was in the tome. Anyone know if I can try without a real risk?

I am under the impression that the installer discriminates between different English versions (Int+US)... But the Apple technote said it should work for all English versions.

cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 20, 2001, 07:01 PM

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules