Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > 2407 power save + macbook

2407 power save + macbook
jcee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2007, 11:19 PM

Hi, I have my 2407 connected to a macbook via vga to mini dvi and when the monitor attempts to enter power save mode, it displays a box that says "no vga cable" and the green light remains instead of changing to orange.

Is this correctable?

scottmorgan42
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2007, 11:48 PM

I'm using this setup, but I connect it with by dvi instead of vga. vga is the old port, dvi is better, and you should probably use it. Everything seems to work fine for me. After a period of time with no use it will enter power save mode, but not if I move the mouse or something. I think you can set the time in the menu.

In order for the setup to work, be sure your macbook is plugged in. It can't operate the monitor on battery power. Also, make sure you have the vga port selected. Hit the button on the front that changes the input mode. It will cycle through all the options (component, vga, dvi, etc.) Also, check to see that it is in Mac mode. This won't make it power down, but it will look better.

jcee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 7, 2007, 09:05 AM

I will receive my dvi dongle tomorrow and see if that is the cause,

Thanks!

jcee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 8, 2007, 10:23 AM

Just got my dvi dongle and yes it goes to sleep!

Forum Links
Forum Rules