Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Need Help On SuperDrive Update 2.1

Need Help On SuperDrive Update 2.1
harveylukman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 12, 2007, 04:57 AM

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. But currently having some problem with my macbook pro. Not a big problem but just simply an irritating one.

After I have my software updates, and had an update on the superdrive update 2.1, Now whenever I start my OS, there will be a pop up screen saying this " No Updatable Device Found: No Devices found that require this firmware update. "

So how can I remove this pop up window that always automatically pop itself out when I start my mac? It is actually from the SuperDrive Update 2.1

Thanks all =)

hemant
Forum Regular
Jul 12, 2007, 09:15 AM

I have the same problem.

ibook_steve
Jul 12, 2007, 01:23 PM

System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items.

Turn off the update.

Steve

Brien
Professional Poster
Jul 12, 2007, 02:51 PM

I just deleted mine.

brownpw
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 16, 2007, 09:28 AM

Is there any software fix out there yet for disabled SuperDrives on MB, caused by the SuperDriveUpdater2.1 that was supposed to "fix" and "improve" performance of "some media".

I really don't want to give up my Mac long enough for them to replace the optical drive.

I love Apple -- been using since High School, but they are really gonna piss a bunch of "switchers" off like this.

louh
Forum Regular
Jul 16, 2007, 12:09 PM

I bought 2 macbook pro's at the same time. I have 14 days left on the 1 year warranty. I'm taking them in today so that I don't have to deal with the hassle of getting the drives replaced when they are out of warranty. It enough of a pain to have to bring them in and get replaced. Good luck to those of you that are out of warranty. I hope Apple doesn't give you a hassle. They really shouldn't because it was their update that made both of my drives unable to open.

I had to laugh when the apple tech on the phone stated he would waive my charge when I called about the dead drives. I asked him that you really were going to charge me for something that you did? What a joke!
Lou

Forum Links
Forum Rules