Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Crossover games compatability list

Crossover games compatability list
aquastorm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2007, 04:51 PM

I've been looking into getting Crossover for the Mac to run a few Windows games I play and the Crossover sites compatability list seems to be out of date and or incomplete. After searching here and not finding a list like this for Crossover I thought it would be a good idea, so please list any and all games you have tested in Crossover and how well they work if at all. I am curious about one game in particular which is Silkroad Online the MMO. Thanks for the input in advance.

Sethro
Forum Regular
Aug 25, 2007, 12:21 AM

I dont really play games on my Macbook, but what I would suggest to you is to completely skip installing or using CrossOver to play games. I'm assuming that CrossOver is an emulation engine for Macs, it would be better if you installed Boot Camp and installing Windows XP / Vista natively on your Mac; that way your games would not have to worry about any type of compatibility issues, as all computer games will work just fine on Windows XP. Give it a try, it would be alot easier on your system, and you could play some games with the native graphics chip on your Mac.

retroneo
Aug 25, 2007, 12:42 AM

Why not give crossover a try, there's a free trial on their site. It doesn't have the best compatability, but it doesn't use windows which means there's no second OS to maintain or take up space.

The only way to know is to give it a go as no-one has tested it in the compatability database.

CodeWeavers - Compatibility - View App - Silkroad Online

Hobyx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2007, 06:34 AM

I just tried Half Life 2 games running under Steam - they work as advertised. There are some odd pauses when launching but they play nice and fast.

I tried to installing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and it wouldn't open. I expect the same thing will happen with Beyond Good & Evil and Advent Rising. Very disappointing.

I would hope that they'd want to get titles like these running in Crossover.

Forum Links
Forum Rules