Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iWeb 08 Crashes when publishing after "upgrade"

iWeb 08 Crashes when publishing after "upgrade"
cold aspiration
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 8, 2007, 04:55 AM

Hi guys,

First of all, I'm surprised I couldn't find this issue here on macnn considering it is all over the place on the apple forums and others. I bought iLife08 and upgraded with much excitement ... then download the software update ..
So I open iWeb08 and spend hours playing around and changing themes > update > iWeb has crashed unexpectedly. All changes are gone, so I test by just publishing without changing anything, crash! Publish ALL, publish, and publish to folder, all crash soon after publishing begins.

I read that the upgrade might have corrupted my domain file. So I pull up my backup HD and trash the corrupted domain file in iWeb 08 and replace it with my backup HD for iWeb 06. Then iWeb08 starts and converts it to use it in iWeb 08 ... a few users reported success with this but I still can't publish! Same thing.

Any ideas? I'm going to try reinstalling iWeb08 tomorrow but I am seriously perturbed.

cold aspiration  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 9, 2007, 02:27 AM

Uh. Okay ... well I went home picked up my iLife 08 and re-installed iWeb 08 after trashing it. And still the same problem ... sigh* i really want to use iWeb again and I feel cheated with iLife08 if I can't use one of the programs I was most looking forward to.

Here is a sample thread from apple discussion board of many others having the same problem.

Apple - Support - Discussions - iWeb 08 crashes on publishing ...

jbleisure
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2007, 11:54 AM

If yu think that is bad, it lets me publish but when I gp back into iweb to add or alter something - most of the pages of the site are blank.

Shockingly bad isn't it?

Atheist
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2007, 12:13 PM

I haven't been able to publish my website in almost a year. I've finally just given up. I just got iLife '08 in hopes that it would solve the problem. iWeb kept crashing when it was upgrading my domain file but finally finished. Unfortunately it didn't fix my publishing problem. It gets most of the way through publishing and then just reports a meaningless error. So my site is partially published. I'm very disappointed with iWeb, it really seems like they just aren't trying to make this software as good as it should be. Based on what I see in the Apple discussion groups, publishing the site is a problem for many people with iWeb.

Forum Links
Forum Rules