Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Airport Extreme disappears after port forwarding

Airport Extreme disappears after port forwarding
xtremelyyellow
Oct 23, 2007, 09:45 AM

I had an old Graphite Airport that I had open ports for Azureus and apple remote desktop with no problems. About a week ago my new Mac Pro suddenly didn't want to see my old graphite Airport so I thought maybe it was time to upgrade to a new one. Got the new one and set up my network and it worked great with no problems. Yesterday I opened two ports of Azureus and it worked just fine for about an hour or so. Once I put my Mac Pro to sleep I cam back about an hour later and realized it was not connected to my Airport. Neither was my G5. Niether computer could even see that my airport existed. On the Airport the green light was on and all looked normal. I unplugged it and it reset fine and both computers could see it again. I continued a few downloads with Azureus and quit the program. Again when I put the Mac Pro to sleep the Airport disappeared within an hour. I had to unplug again. I then unchecked the two ports I opened but it still disappears everytime I put the Mac Pro to sleep.
What could be the problem? Has anyone else been able to forward ports with no problems?
Mac Pro Quad 3.0GHz Intel, 2GB, 250HD, ATI Radeon X1900 XT
30" Apple Cinema HD Display.
12" Powerbook 1 GHz
Titanium Powerbook

Forum Links
Forum Rules