Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > V-moda Vibe Duo ear buds vs Bose Quiet Comfort 3

V-moda Vibe Duo ear buds vs Bose Quiet Comfort 3
mi_canuck
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2007, 11:56 PM

I need some really good earphones for my iPhone for frequent plane travel. I've tried the Bose Quiet Comfort 3 in the store - and they seem to work quite well and are comfy. Since these are for use on a place mostly - I was maximum noise cancelation.

I've also heard the V-Moda Vibe Duo are decent at isolating noise - but they are passive. They are less expensive, but that's not really an issue here. I can get either and be content.

I'm really leaning towards the Bose QC3's - but am curious as what others have tried and found out what worked well and was also comfortable. Any other brands with noise canceling technology that might be worth checking out? Doesn't matter if needs an adapter to fit the iPhone. Anything from Shure (SE210? SE310?) or Sennheiser (PXC-250) worth considering? Might be better value than Bose - how about sound quality vs Bose QC3 ?

cheers
( Last edited by mi_canuck; Oct 29, 2007 at 12:18 AM. )

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2007, 12:32 PM

I haven't used the Bose, but I own the Vibe Duo's. I really like them. They sound great and the noise canceling is decent. Best part about them is they now have the same button functionality on the headset as the Apple headset. Sorry I can't really give any comparison, but I will give a for the Vibe Duos (new ones).

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2007, 06:54 PM

I have Vibe Duo also and really liked them, especially after I read a review of Bose's Something about their plastic ear piece had a tendency to fall off.

I've been using the Vibe Duo for a little while its great, much better then the ear buds. For me those ear buds never fit right, but these babies are snug and work great

mi_canuck  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2007, 09:53 PM

I've heard the Vibe Duo are little heavy on the bass and lack some treble. Sounds like they do a good job of isolating - although they isolate everything (kind of like earplugs). Which is good in one respect. One advantage I would see for active noise canceling headsets though is that they cancel out the noise of say the plane's engines - but would still allow to hear the stewardess or the announcement.

I don't doubt the Vibe Duos are fine earbuds. Great buy especially with the $100 iphone credit I have yet to use. Would still like some first hand feedback on headset like the Bose QC3 or Sennheiser PXC 250.

cheers

mi_canuck  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 18, 2007, 02:53 PM

i ended up getting the Bose QC3... used them on some recent flights - hands down BEST investment i could have ever made - wow!!!! HIGHLY recommend them for anyone that does a lot of flying! you won't regret it.... i don't know if i'll ever be able to do a flight without them... the "no electronic devices" periods on take off and prior to landing are killing me.... all that noise and engine drone!!!!!

i also tried the monster iphone adapter (the $10 one).... sucks.... too rigid, sticks out like an antenna... i think i'll end up just getting the $40 shure adapter with mic and clicker (which I don't really care for) - but that will be better than having the monster adapter sticking way out... the extra cable of the shure adapter i can deal with...

peace

Forum Links
Forum Rules