Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Free CS3 Downloads

Free CS3 Downloads
Westbo
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 23, 2007, 09:38 AM

Hi everyone,

I received an email from Adobe thanking me (such polite folks) for registering CS3DP suite. They are inviting me to select one of free 4 downloads (so generous as well!). Their descriptions of the two that seem interesting are:

1. "Hypatia™ Sans Font: Developed for customers who register their Adobe Creative Suite® 3 product, these unique and stylish fonts were inspired by the 1920s and '30s. Receive Adobe's new type family (a US$169 value) for free."

2. "Dreamweaver® XML Export Extension: Extend Dreamweaver capabilities with XML support for Spry. This free Dreamweaver Extension (a US$29 value) allows easy generation of XML's from databases for the PHP, ColdFusion® and ASP VB Script server technologies."

Forgetting the $ value, does anyone have have an opinion about the usefulness of either?

Have a great holiday & thanks!

W2

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2007, 04:16 PM

I like the typeface

Veltliner
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2007, 10:37 PM

I got a similar mail, and it's still buried in my email program.

But I'll go for the fonts. Not sure if that 169$ price tag came together by rolling the dice or if it's a true value. No matter what, based on 20's and 30's fonts this sounds delicious.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 24, 2007, 04:03 AM

Apart from the default a and g, I like the font, too. I wouldn’t know exactly what to use the Dreamweaver extension for.

Westbo  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 24, 2007, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
Apart from the default a and g, I like the font, too. I wouldn’t know exactly what to use the Dreamweaver extension for.
Thx for the link, Oisín. It's a nice looking font. It is also similar to Avant Garde and Futura but more elegant.

W2

art_director
Professional Poster
Dec 24, 2007, 10:49 AM

Did they discontinue the Lynda.com free month offer? That was among the choices when I registered. I snagged that one but have yet to use it. May be expired. I'm not good with tuts anyway.

Westbo  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 24, 2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by art_director View Post
Did they discontinue the Lynda.com free month offer? That was among the choices when I registered. I snagged that one but have yet to use it. May be expired. I'm not good with tuts anyway.
Hi A-D

No, they didn't discontinue Lynda. It as well as a $40 discount on Adobe Classroom are the other two choices. I already subscribe to Lynda. Since I just dropped $600+ for the upgrade, I figured Adobe had enough of my money and for now didn't need anymore- discount or not.

Have a great Christmas!

W2

andi*pandi
Dec 28, 2007, 09:12 PM

the font seems nice. a less cheesy lithos/humanist sans kind of thing.
i like the alternates.

art_director
Professional Poster
Dec 29, 2007, 03:44 PM

i dunno, that font has an identity complex -- it's not quite a serif and it's not quite a sans serif. that said i agree with woodward, a.d. and c.d. of rolling stone with his view that every font has a place.

Andrew_Campbell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 3, 2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by art_director View Post
that font has an identity complex
Do you mean crisis?
I too would also jump for the fonts. Unless you think you'd have a greater use for the dreamweaver extension, take into consideration the amount of money you'll save getting that font pack for free. Not to mention buying the Dreamweaver extension later on would cost a significantly less amount than the fonts.

Forum Links
Forum Rules