Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Stuck: Where do I go ...

Stuck: Where do I go ...
zipperzap
Forum Regular
Dec 28, 2007, 02:49 AM

to ask the simple question (obviously not everything is simple) "Where do I go to find out how to enlarge photos I want to place in public forums - and have them actually show up in those forums as larger photos? Mine are consistently smaller then most outhers I see posted in my favorite forums!

Currently, I am using Photobucket and Putfile to host photos that I use on different forums and regardless how I play with them (Photoshop CS) they always stay the same size (seems to be a standard size) whenever I place them in the forums.

Question: What am I missing? I've read up on both sites and still enlarging the 'final product' doesn't make any difference when dropped into the forums I use.

IS the perhaps ANOTHER hosting site I'm not aware of that can possibly clear up this problem?

I haven't run into a problem like this in the last 25+ years of computing - where I just can't seem to get a straight answer - I throw myself on the Alter of Experience of The Combined NNForum Wisdom!

... just pointing me in the right direction as to WHERE to ask this question, here at NNForum, would be a great help at this point.

Thanx.

Scott
Scott

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2007, 08:54 AM

just a shot in the dark here, but if I owned a site like that I would automatically downsize hot linked photos to save bandwidth...

personally I use my webspace provided by my ISP, however it does not like to load for a lot of people...

Zach

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 28, 2007, 10:40 AM

I resize in Photoshop and store my photos online through my ISP via FTP.
ice

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 28, 2007, 11:07 AM

Stuck? Try going north, west, south, west. That should get you through.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

zipperzap  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 28, 2007, 06:11 PM

You're thinking only two dimensionally. I was hoping that you'd be more flexible. Since you live there ... mind looking up Uranus for me?

Thanks in advance!

S
Scott

Forum Links
Forum Rules