Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Address Book - after Panther Instillation

Address Book - after Panther Instillation
zipperzap
Forum Regular
Jun 17, 2008, 03:00 PM

Using a 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 ... before Panther instillation Address Book worked like a charm - now I get a "You cannot use this version of the application Address Book with this version of Mac OS X" message box. However, IF I search out a name in my Address Book, it shows up as a 'contact' - and upon clicking on that, I get the Address Book in it's full (operational) glory. What's up with that? How do I get Address Book to come up each time it's summoned - minus the work around?!?

Thanks for any solution(s).

Scott
( Last edited by zipperzap; Jun 17, 2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: G4 - instead of G$)
Scott

OreoCookie
Jun 17, 2008, 03:14 PM

What version did you use before?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

zipperzap  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 17, 2008, 03:39 PM

I was using Tiger OS X 10.5. something or other.
Scott

OreoCookie
Jun 17, 2008, 04:31 PM

AFAIK you can only upgrade the Address Book, not downgrade. It's not surprising that this does not work. Any reason why you want to go back to Panther?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

zipperzap  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 17, 2008, 05:15 PM

WHOA! Not Panther - I'm talking Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, here!

(I've got too many cats on my mind!)

Let's start all over again ... "I'm using a 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 ... before my current LEOPARD instillation, my Address Book worked like a charm - now I get a "You cannot use this version of the application Address Book with this version of Mac OS X" message box. However, IF I search out a name in my Address Book, it shows up as a 'contact' - and upon clicking on that, I get the Address Book in it's full (operational) glory. What's up with that? How do I get Address Book to come up each time it's summoned - minus the work around?!?

(I need a nap!)
Scott

Forum Links
Forum Rules