Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > More On Inverting Mouse Movement

More On Inverting Mouse Movement
tebobo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2008, 06:34 PM

This post is in reference to this three-year-old thread.

Backwards Chris:

Just in case you haven't found a solution to your backward use of a Mac mouse until now, let me suggest that you consider one of the mice offered by ContourDesign. I had spent quite a number of hours and days looking for the same thing for my wife, since she also naturally needs a mouse that inverts the cursor movement. After many searches and dead ends, I finally found ContourDesign earlier this month, which has four mice, any of which can be programmed to reverse cursor movement on either axis and/or reverse the two axes (so that axis X movement moves the cursor along axis Y, etc. I ordered one for my wife, and she is thrilled that she doesn't now have to turn the mouse around!!

Here is the link to the web site: http://www.contourdesign.com/
( Last edited by ghporter; Jul 16, 2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Pruned from ancient thread, provided link to it)

Geobunny
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2008, 06:42 PM

Wow, tebobo! This thread's almost three years old! How on earth did you find it?!

Edit:Google doesn't care how old a thread is. It knows all, sees all, and provides links to all...
( Last edited by ghporter; Jul 16, 2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: 'splainin' stuff)
ClamXav - the free virus scanner for Mac OS X | Geobunny learns to fly

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 15, 2008, 07:29 PM

It's funny, I'm like this when it comes to console-based FPS games. I absolutely have to play inverted, Goldeneye default style. I blame Goldeneye, obviously, but it just feels more natural. Though me and mouse cursors get along just fine non-inverted.

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 16, 2008, 08:16 PM

I have never understood why game consoles use the directions they do, considering how the "inverted" direction matches the way things should move in so many games...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules