Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Joe Biden is VP Choice for Oboma

Joe Biden is VP Choice for Oboma (Page 2)
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 28, 2008, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
I was hoping for Wesley Clark as VP. I hate how his patriotism is questioned because he made a very legitimate statement: Being a P.O.W. does not make you a good president.
I completely agree here. Not only would I have chosen Clark as my running mate, I would not and did not question Clark's patriotism because of this statement. I will say in defense of McCain however that while his POW past does not qualify him for President, there are known aspects of his service to his country that show favorable attributes for the Presidency.

It became an instant media sh*t storm, everyone claiming it was an inappropriate thing to say. The guy is a freakin' General, who the hell is more qualified to make such a judgement?
Again, well said. I don't remember a huge sh*t storm over it, but I agree there should not have been much made of this at all. I think people are too thin skinned when it comes to this stuff and their indignant reaction is stilted IMO.
ebuddy

paul w
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2008, 11:35 AM

The extended Biden family is rather gorgeous, actually.

maxx9photo
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2008, 01:12 AM

Obama -Biden sounds like Osama Bin LaDen to me

Dork.
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2008, 12:55 PM

You're not the first person to notice that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules