Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Security Update 2008-007 + Keynote = trouble

Security Update 2008-007 + Keynote = trouble
mvip
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2008, 09:55 PM

Hi,

I just want to see if anybody ran into the same problem as I did after upgrading to Security Update 2008-007. After the upgrade I cannot launch Keynote anymore. I've tried everything I can think of (including removing all Library-stuff and re-installing 10.5.5), but nothing seems to help. To make it all worse, Time Machine was not configured, so I have nothing to revert to.

The error I keep getting in the logs when I launch Keynote is:
Code:
Oct 14 01:32:38 Slide Keynote[1507]: invalid pixel format Oct 14 01:32:38 Slide Keynote[1507]: invalid context Oct 14 01:32:38 Slide Keynote[1507]: ERROR: caught an exception from [NSDocument showWindows]; we did not show ourselves! Oct 14 01:32:38 Slide Keynote[1507]: *** -[BGApplicationDelegate removeDocument:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x265ce90 Oct 14 01:32:38 Slide Keynote[1507]: p_implOpenUntitledDocumentOfType: caught exception *** -[BGApplicationDelegate removeDocument:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x265ce90; ignoring
This message keeps flooding the log

PS. The machine is a Mac Mini (Intel) with nothing but all security updates and iWork'08 installed Ds.

Regards,
mvip

ibook_steve
Oct 14, 2008, 02:28 AM

Delete Keynote prefs or try reinstalling the app from your disks.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

mvip  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2008, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
Delete Keynote prefs or try reinstalling the app from your disks.

Steve
I have unfortunately already given that a shot w/out success.

JKT
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2008, 03:58 AM

Keynote '08 launches fine for me.

Do you have any third party themes installed? Maybe they could be the source of the problem if you do.

mvip  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2008, 04:00 AM

The solution turned out to be simple. Just shut the computer off for a few hours (maybe less, but a restart didn't help) and it will work. I really don't like this solution, but it did work. My best guess is that it was caused by some hardware/driver bug that went away after some downtime.

mvip  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2008, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by JKT View Post
Keynote '08 launches fine for me.

Do you have any third party themes installed? Maybe they could be the source of the problem if you do.
Nope, nothing custom at all, just plain ol' iWork '08.

Forum Links
Forum Rules