Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Keynote Presentation from the iPhone

Keynote Presentation from the iPhone
stevesnj
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2007, 05:25 PM

So I just received the cables to export my video from my iPhone to a TV. Anyone know the best way to present a Keynote presentation from my iPhone? I have the Apple dock with remote. The remote doesn't control a lot of things and the menu button on the remote does nothing...anyway any ideas from Keynote users on export methods for the iPhone?
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2007, 06:17 PM

Doesn't Keynote let you export your presentation to a QuickTime video? That would be the easiest way that I can think of.

inlovewithmymac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2007, 12:04 PM

There are two ways to present from your iPhone: you can export to QT or export your presentation to iPhoto as images. Until a Keynote Lite app is developed for the iPhone, iPhoto seems to be a better choice if you're looking for ease of control and aren't concerned about transitions.

However, the export functions of Keynote do not address type-size or title-safe; KeynotePro has themes that address title safety and type-size, KeynotePro : Keynote Themes : EP Edition Themes for iPod Video and iPhone.

stevesnj  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2007, 10:34 PM

Well i can use a movie format but interaction with it and the dock remote are not high on Apple's to do list
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

inlovewithmymac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 7, 2007, 12:35 PM

In Keynote, under File>Send To, you have several options for exporting your presentation. Exporting as a movie limits you to timed transitions, and using the pause feature during a presentation can be irritating.

Exporting the entire presentation to iPhoto gives you both options, allowing you to manually (or remotely) move to the next slide or use the slideshow feature built into the application.

Chewy42
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2008, 06:15 PM

Wouldn't it be possible to print your presentation to a PDF and then run the PDF off of the iPhone ? would need to be a fairly simple keynote I guess.

CorpITGuy
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 22, 2008, 09:25 AM

This is a feature that Windows Mobile has had for a very long time. Apple needs to get this implemented quickly.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

MacBook Pro 17" 2.33 GHz - (mine)
MacBook Pro 15" 1.83 GHz - (wife)
Pair of iPhones

Simon
Posting Junkie
Oct 22, 2008, 11:22 AM

Keynote already has an export option specifically for the iPod. And in my experience that works great on the iPhone.

It beats me though why in my presentations I can usually only chose "fixed timing" rather than my recorded timing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules