Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Il Gov. Arrested by FBI

Il Gov. Arrested by FBI (Page 2)
CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2008, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
The Blagojevich case is the least of BO's problems. This is the result of Rezko cooperating with Federal prosucuters. I'd be worried about what Rezko knows.
I would imagine Blagojevich will be singing as well, so if there's anything to come out, there will be plenty of opportunity for it to happen.

Ted L. Nancy
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by vmarks View Post
It's a Republic.
Technically, if we were to judge according to what is in the Constitution, it is a democratic republic. I understand the republican nature of a government; however, I was referring to the perception of the U.S. population (and many people around the world). People in the U.S. think they live in a democracy. In fact, they are so conceited that they think it is the best democracy. In reality, it is neither a democracy or a republic. We live in a tyrannical state dressed in a nice costume that looks like a republic/democracy. It's not even a tyranny of the majority any longer. This shock and awe over the selling of a single senate seat is comical.
10.7.1 on Mac Pro 8x2.8

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Dec 11, 2008, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by kobi View Post
It's funny when it's on the other foot.

Have you forgotten everything that Bush got away with the last 8 years? Like actual murder?

No, thank you for the laugh.
No, no, no............ thank you!
That was the dumbest thing I heard here in a long time.

I still haven't heard the part of this story that I am supposed to be surprised by. Politics around here have been sick with corruption for as long as anyone can remember. Blago isn't special. I don't even think that his crimes were as blatant as some of the other things going on in this state that everyone knows about and accepts as part of the normal course. Since its become a one party controlled state Illinois has come to be run even more like Chicago's democratic machine than ever before.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

The Crook
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 13, 2008, 03:04 AM

LEAKED FBI TRANSCRIPT OF RAHM AND BLAGOCROOK.

UGH. That was "snark." Not real. :-(
( Last edited by The Crook; Dec 13, 2008 at 03:30 AM. )

Crooked Member of the MacNN Atheist Clique.

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 13, 2008, 09:40 AM

BLAGO: She won't take my calls.

EMANUEL: Big ****ing surprise.

BLAGO: What's that supposed to mean?

EMANUEL: Um, I don't know, what's it supposed to mean governor? A.) You're a ****ing crook. B.) You're a ****ing asshole. C.) All of the above.

Forum Links
Forum Rules