Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP screen replacement issues

MBP screen replacement issues
LMaung
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2009, 11:15 PM

Hello,

I just replaced my glossy screen on the MBP with Matte screen. Everything went fine except I have this issue now. I double checked every connection and they all seem fine. The boot up screen looks fine, so I know that the screen is not defective.

Anyidea?

Thanks in advance for help.

Super whine, super hot Macbook Pro.
IBM T42

ibook_steve
Sep 16, 2009, 01:31 PM

Where did you get this panel? It doesn't look like it's being recognized correctly by your machine, so it may not compatible.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

LMaung  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2009, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I am nor sure if I am allowed to post ebay links here, but I got it from ebay.

Brand New Apple MacBook Pro LTN15 or N15 LCD Screen 15" - eBay (item 110434185721 end time Oct-12-09 14:21:35 PDT)

My apology if ebay links are not allowed.
Super whine, super hot Macbook Pro.
IBM T42

dowNNshift
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2009, 02:44 PM

You've got a bad panel.
Are you absolutely sure you didn't rough handle the controller board on the rear of the panel? What is the condition of the LVDS cable? Seated completely?

As an Apple Certified Tech, I've done lots of MBP screen replacements and unfortunately that is a classic symptom of a bad panel.

Big-J-Dubb
Oct 4, 2009, 11:57 PM

my new macbook pro 2.4 ghz early 2008 matte screen purchased may 7 2009 new from mac connection and now it has 2 broken or stuck , dead pixels witch i find this to be unacceptable is this on apple to replace since its the pro line and under a year old computer. will apple care replace it ? if anyone knows the anwser please respond thanks

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 5, 2009, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Big-J-Dubb View Post
my new macbook pro 2.4 ghz early 2008 matte screen purchased may 7 2009 new from mac connection and now it has 2 broken or stuck , dead pixels witch i find this to be unacceptable is this on apple to replace since its the pro line and under a year old computer. will apple care replace it ? if anyone knows the anwser please respond thanks
If it's under warranty still, I've found they often do (but judging by other's experiences, they don't always.) When I had my very first PowerBook G4, it had 1 dead pixel. I took it in and the Apple Genius said that it's not their policy, but he would send it in anyway. I got my laptop back with a brand new display with zero dead pixels.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Forum Links
Forum Rules