Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > A/V port use kills sound from speakers afterwards

A/V port use kills sound from speakers afterwards
Sender
Forum Regular
Feb 16, 2002, 10:35 PM

Problem with my iBook 600. -OSX 10.1

Anytime I use the a/v cable to watch dvd's, the port won't reset to use the speakers, and the dvdplayer view screen stays blank. It's as if the a/v signal is still being sent to the port instead of the speakers and screen.

It resets after a few days, and a few restarts, but I'm not sure exactly what does the job.

Is there a best way to reset this, or a best order to connect and use the a/v cable?

ccsccs7
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2002, 04:21 AM

I'm not goint to say I know this for sure, but I'm guessing its a hardware or physical problem. If there's nothing "stuck" in the port maybe you should consider a warranty call.

P.S. The only trouble I have with the AV cables is when I disconnect them while DVD Player is running in OS X. I managed to lock up the machine. (DVD Player wasnt' letting go, soon other programs stopped respongind, and evenetually I couldn't even get the "Force Quit" dialog to come up. Anyway, removing the cable under any circumstance should return DVD video and sound to your iBook (in my experience).

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: ccsccs7 ]
12" Powerbook 1.5GHz/SuperDrive, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HD, Airport Extreme, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
iBook (Late 2001)600MHz/Combo, 640MB RAM, 20GB HD, Airport, Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther — web server

nick h
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2002, 04:09 AM

I don't have this problem or a solution but I wanted to post that everytime I plug in my AV cable my speakers kinda pop. They work fine afterwards though. Maybe both issues are related?
Roam: iBook (Dual USB) ~ 600Mhz, 384MB, 15GB, DVD, 12.1", OS X

Forum Links
Forum Rules