Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Web Photo Albums non-functional in DW, FW, Br?

Web Photo Albums non-functional in DW, FW, Br?
Headshot
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 2, 2010, 08:03 PM

A very weird thing has happened in my CS4, for a few months I've generally been ok running create Web Galleries out of DW and it would run up FW and create my new folders with web galleries in perfect order.
Now FW isn't completing the process and gives me an error message, and DW completes the album with broken thumbnails.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.
Isn't there anyway I can make a web album that can keep the files in DW on my site folders so I can
upload them to my server?

This is maddening!!
I've tried the Bridge Gallery feature, and it goes thru the motions only to give me about 84k worth of data in the said folder, and the images folder it's supposed to create is empty! I'm trying the HTML feature in Bridge, but would be lame as the filename doesn't even appear, even in the preview in browser....

help, and thanks!

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 2, 2010, 08:04 PM

What’s the error message FW throws up?

Headshot  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 2, 2010, 08:06 PM

"Could not run the Script"

then in smaller letters:

"An Error has Occurred"

I click OK and it goes away...

Thorzdad
Jun 2, 2010, 08:16 PM

Any chance you've inadvertently deleted or moved some file deep within the bowels of the Adobe folders under Application Support? Because it kind of sounds like there's a shared element missing that the whole mess is looking for.

Headshot  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 2, 2010, 08:23 PM

Just downloaded the cleanup utility and ran uninstaller + Prefs and did a clean install of CS4...

weird huh?

It used to happen once in a great while, nothing a nice reboot wouldn't cure. Now I can't get it to complete in FW.
There are a million and one web galleries out there, most of which were uploaded with DW.
There must be a simple app that can do this and I can open and edit in DW (add my logos and links etc?)

I don't like the Flash galleries because my work involves a thousand images at a time and are impossible to view efficiently with flash...

Headshot  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 3, 2010, 01:27 AM

Just something I thought of...

I got so frustrated I just did a clean erase and Snow Leopard install, installed everything else.
I imported my Sites from the Site Manager and noticed an awful lot of data being churned there, apparently
everything I've ever uploaded maybe?

I wonder if I reintroduced the problem there? Because it happened again!

Forum Links
Forum Rules