Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Anyone using Daylite or Studiometry?

Anyone using Daylite or Studiometry?
shinji
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2010, 06:27 AM

I'm looking for an all-in-one calendar/contacts/project management/task/to-do/etc. application for business. I downloaded the demos for each app. Both had some things I liked, some I didn't, but in reading the official forums for both apps, a lot of people complain about sluggish performance/crashes/etc. as the database gets larger. Obviously, that's not something I can see in the limited trial period.

Are you using either of these apps and have your experienced problems as the database grew larger, and are you happy with the apps overall?

And are there any other alternatives you think I should consider?

shinji  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2010, 04:41 AM

Really no daylite/studiometry users here?

aedieno
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 19, 2011, 03:38 PM

Studiometry... I have tried Studiometry but would not recommend. It boasts stability across platforms (mac and pc), but has many limitations. The set up is long an tedious and ultimately did not work for my business. Oh, and the refund policy... watch out. The set up and testing coupled with only support ticket q&amp;amp;amp;a took us outside of the refund policy; ouch! >> Definitely check out daylite, freeagent, freshbooks or some others first <<

ClaraT
Dedicated MacNNer
May 3, 2011, 06:00 PM

I've used Daylite off an on for perhaps the last five or six years and when we're in a groove together it's quite powerful. Whenever there's been a hiccup their support folks do respond and are very interested in closing the case. I like how nicely I can link people to organizations, to tasks, to groups, to projects and see pretty much everything at a glance. The DMI feature helps tremendously by keeping emails connected to the person or project.

This program has a lot to offer and if I could devote more time to learning it better I'm sure I'd be using it more. The one frustrating point for me though is learning to layout and then print the many reports that can be generated. Also at times I find the calendar a bit cumbersome. But again, that could just be me.

Good luck.

Forum Links
Forum Rules