Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > RIP software printing to Epson in basement via Airport Express...join network or new?

RIP software printing to Epson in basement via Airport Express...join network or new?
Headshot
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 6, 2011, 10:58 AM

I have a cable modem and Rosewill router in the attic, my MacPro gets online via it's Airport card,
and while I'm able to activate the printer in the basement via the Airport Express (n) I have to select its network in
the Airport selector in the Menu bar. Which means I have to get offline. I'd like to be able to print while uploading
the massive amount of data to my server online, BUT..it's forcing me to choose one network or the other!

Because I'm using Imageprint RIP software to send to printer, I had to enter the AP Express IP address (10.0.1.1)
in the RIP's setup and it works that way. The printer is connected via USB on the APE.

I tried to configure in Airport Utility to 'Join existing network'...but then it configures and says it can't detect the Airport Express and I have to do a hard reset and start all over again!
Any ideas on this would be hugely appreciated!!

thanks in advance....

Forum Links
Forum Rules