Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iphone webcam app?

iphone webcam app?
Dakkon
Forum Regular
Feb 14, 2012, 02:17 AM

Hello,

This evening i was recording video in one of my classes (Applied Regression) on my 4S, i was hoping that my 16gig would have enough space for the entire lecture.... It doesnt..!! So, i just got done searching for about 30min for a webcam app for the iphone. I would like to be able to use the back camera on my phone to stream video to my Macbook Pro, and let the pro capture the incoming video. I would also like to do this over the USB connection, so that i do not kill the battery on the phone, and also have the added bandwidth of USB... the lecture is a 4 hour lecture, so i would need about 40gig's of space.. If i had got the 64gig 4S, then i could just charge the phone during class and be good to go. However, that is not the case....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if there is an app available, i would be willing to buy an app that will do what i am wanting to do... Also 1080p streaming/recording would be nice, so that i can see the eqn's durring playback.

Thanks for any and all advice

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2012, 05:01 AM

The obvious first question is: You can't just record audio and forget the video?

Dakkon  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 14, 2012, 10:38 AM

that is an option, but it would be nice to see what he is talking about.. he is one of those "all over the place" professors... if i can not find a way to get a video feed to my laptop, then i will do audio only. but, i would rather have video if i had the option.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2012, 10:39 AM

Qik

Dakkon  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 14, 2012, 02:20 PM

Thanks Godfather, this may be exactly what i am looking for.. I just bought a 1 month subscription. It looks like this will come with the added bonus of unlimited storage+ the ability to share, i am sure some of my classmates will be happy about that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules