Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Problem with the Apple Store.

Problem with the Apple Store.
Radioflyer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2012, 08:20 AM

I hope this is an OK topic for this forum.

I've tried to purchase a new iPod Touch for some time now from the online Apple Store but the information shown on my computer does not allow me to complete the purchase. By that I mean the vertical rectangle on the right side of the window titled "Summary" only contains a grey outline of the front bezel and no information about the selected memory size and no green "Add to Cart" button. Interesting though, if I select a MacBook and work through the options I do see all the correct information to allow me to complete the purchase.

Something is screwed here.

I've tried this on my iMac and my old MacBook and with Safari and Chrome and FireFox all with the same result. However, on my wife's iMac, using her account I could complete the transaction but not using my account.

Correct me if my thought process is wrong but I assume my account at Apple must be the source of my problems. I contacted Apple but they were not able to help which is a first for me. I'm not sure who to contact at Apple as the online store person I chatted with could not offer any suggestions.

I realize I could travel to an Apple store or use my wife's account but this bugs me and I would appreciate some ideas what I can do to fix this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers
RadioFlyer

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 8, 2012, 11:28 PM

Could it be a simple matter of updating your CC info?

You should try to view your info once signed in to see if anything is a miss.

andi*pandi
Nov 9, 2012, 06:17 AM

His CC info must be good if it will let him buy a macbook... why not an ipod? Odd. For that matter, I'm not logged in to the apple store, select black, then 16gb, my selection info and green continue appear in the right grey box. Same when I was logged in. Firefox 16.

What browser did you use on your wife's imac, and did you use that one on any of your machines? Do you have javascript turned off?

gooser
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 9, 2012, 06:31 AM

are you sure that you're trying the apple store in the same country you're in?
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

Radioflyer  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2012, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by DarkStarRed View Post
Could it be a simple matter of updating your CC info?
You should try to view your info once signed in to see if anything is a miss.
My account looks OK. I can't see anything wrong, I can buy music and movies and have a balance.

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
His CC info must be good if it will let him buy a macbook... why not an ipod? Odd. For that matter, I'm not logged in to the apple store, select black, then 16gb, my selection info and green continue appear in the right grey box. Same when I was logged in. Firefox 16.
What browser did you use on your wife's imac, and did you use that one on any of your machines? Do you have javascript turned off?
I used Safari on my wife's iMac and my Macbook but used Safari, Chrome and Firefox on my iMac. Our iMacs have the current OS update installed but my laptop is old enough it can't be upgraded to Mountain Lion. Javascript is on.

Originally Posted by gooser View Post
are you sure that you're trying the apple store in the same country you're in?
Yup ... same country.
Cheers
RadioFlyer

Forum Links
Forum Rules