Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple iWork suite for both iOS and OS X updated

Apple iWork suite for both iOS and OS X updated
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Dec 4, 2012, 01:23 PM

After a lengthy break since the last revision, Apple has updated its entire iWork suite of programs on both iOS and OS X. Pages, Numbers and Keynote for iOS are now at version 1.7, with improved compatibility with Microsoft Office and the counterpart iWork programs for Mac. The OS X version has been upgraded to version 9.3, adding support for iWork for iOS 1.7.

A list of improvements in Keynote for iOS include: support for import and export of all slide sizes in PowerPoint and Keynote for Mac; all presentation themes with master slides and preset styles can now be imported and exported; all Keynote action builds are implemented; new slide transitions have been added; calculations in tables are preserved when importing and exporting from Keynote; new print layouts have been added, and objects can be locked and unlocked. Pages can now use change tracking to follow body text changes; individual changes can be accepted or rejected during review; Pages and Microsoft Word documents can be imported with change tracking; tracked changes can be exported to Microsoft Word or Pages; calculations in tables are preserved during import and export, and objects can be locked and unlocked. Numbers for iOS can now hide and unhide rows and columns; rich text in tables are preserved when importing and exporting; Numbers for Mac spreadsheets can be imported and exported, and objects can be locked and unlocked.

David Esrati
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 4, 2012, 05:24 PM

I hope they also import fonts. Keynote on iOS has been useless- since it only works with 4 fonts.
The whole idea of the same program on both Mac and iOS should be that the device doesn't matter
David Esrati
The Next Wave
937-228-4433

level
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 4, 2012, 06:00 PM

I wonder why they haven't incorporated landscape mode into numbers. Just baffling to me especially since it's a spreadsheet app. Pages does but numbers doesn't.

gskibum3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 5, 2012, 06:58 AM

@ level. Last I heard is that it is some limitation with the iOS, although I half expected iOS 6 to remedy that.

It's been several months since I last checked, but all of the other spreadsheet apps that I looked at were the same.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 5, 2012, 07:40 AM

I wonder if it's a printing limitation.

Forum Links
Forum Rules