Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Parallels sets Sept. 5th release date for Desktop 9 for Mac

Parallels sets Sept. 5th release date for Desktop 9 for Mac
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Aug 29, 2013, 11:35 AM

Following up on an earlier announcement, Parallels has revealed more details of Desktop 9 for the Mac. The virtualization software will ship September 5th, and support not only OS X Mavericks but Windows 8.1. Parallels is promising substantial performance boosts, including a 40 percent jump in disk performance, and a 25 percent increase in virtual machine startup and shutdown speeds. VM suspension times should be 20 percent shorter; web browsing and 3D graphics, meanwhile, should each run 15 percent faster.

The software allows Mavericks' Power Nap feature to apply to Windows apps, and Parallels is also promising synced cloud services. In effect, that means all virtual machines can have access to the same cloud files.

Owners of Desktop 7 or 8 can upgrade today starting for $50; download links, however, won't be available until the 5th. New the software will cost $80 for most customers, or $40 under educational pricing. Each copy comes with a free six-month subscription to Parallels Access.

que_ball
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2013, 01:38 PM

VMWare now showing a coming soon image for VMWare Fusion 6 on their Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/VMwareFusion/status/373129951215501312

Nice to have two strong competitors duking it out.

MaxLeopold
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2013, 01:52 PM

I got the Upgrade Option this afternoon, when I started Parallels 8 on my Mac.
After the Upgrade Purchase was processed -

I got a Download Link for Parallels 9.0.23036 (Revision 915397; Wednesday August 28th 2013)
and
I got a Serial Number

I was able to download, install and register the Version with my Account Details

So contrary to your Post - I am running it already!

Forum Links
Forum Rules