Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > NewerTech ships more batteries for older unibody MacBooks

NewerTech ships more batteries for older unibody MacBooks
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Feb 2, 2015, 04:58 PM

Add-on outfit NewerTech has added some additional NuPower batteries for some of Apple's older unibody MacBook models. These include 13-inch basic MacBooks from 2009 and 2010, and the 2011 edition of the 17-inch MacBook Pro. NuPower batteries are claimed to last up to 50 percent longer than Apple's pre-installed hardware.

A battery for the 13-inch MacBook is priced at $99, whereas upgrading the 17-inch Pro costs $109. NewerTech notes that the batteries should match the fit and functionality of the originals, and come with necessary tools and installation guides.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Feb 3, 2015 at 04:40 AM. )

elroth
Forum Regular
Feb 3, 2015, 01:23 AM

NewerTech has been making these batteries for years - is this an advertisement for them? I bought one (through OWC) six months ago for my 2010 MacBook Pro. They've "begun selling" them - really?

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2015, 04:38 AM

Yes, really. The two batteries linked in the article are, in fact, brand new. The article doesn't say that all of their unibody batteries are new, but I agree the writer could have made that clearer. I'll fix it, thanks for the comment.
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

Forum Links
Forum Rules