Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Briefly: Apple TV dev kits arrive, Amazon Prime gains Washington Post

Briefly: Apple TV dev kits arrive, Amazon Prime gains Washington Post
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Sep 16, 2015, 12:53 PM

Developers have started to receive their new Apple TV development kits, and have posted images of the devices online. AppleInsider spotted developer's Caleb Thorson's photo of the Apple TV development kit on Twitter, though it has now been removed, with the image of the box showing the phrase "As (not yet) seen on TV" on one side. Units of the developer edition of the set-top box were distributed via a lottery, with successful applicants able to buy the new Apple TV for $1.

Amazon provides Prime subscribers with six-month subscription to digital Washington Post

Amazon has given its Prime subscribers in the United States another bonus to the membership, by providing a free six-month subscription to the Washington Post. The National Digital Edition of the publication will be offered for free, though once the six-month period is up, Prime members will be able to continue reading the digital newspaper for $4 per month, discounted from $10. The Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos, the founder and CEO of Amazon, but the two remain as completely separate companies.

MarkTime
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2015, 11:25 PM

I thought for sure after all these people had been selected that I hadn't been chosen, but to my surprise I received my notice today.

Forum Links
Forum Rules