Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Display Hinge Broken on Wallstreet

Display Hinge Broken on Wallstreet
mattfong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2001, 08:23 PM

Hello MacNN readers,

After 3 years of heavy use, abuse, and near-death experiences, the display hinge has cracked on my trusty ol' Powerbook G3 Wallstreet (above the port door, left side, LCD screen pivot) . Has this happened to anybody? How much did it cost to repair? It's out of warantee as I elected not to continue with AppleCare ... Oops.

Or should i put money into a Titanium? But I don't want to yet because this Powerbook still serves me well ...

Please advise!

Best Regards,
mattfong

mattfong  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2001, 08:38 PM

Hello again,

I just took a closer look at the hinge. The metal hinge is 'torn' from the metal cage itself. Looks like metal fatigue from stress and strain. I thought these things were rated for wear ...

Any advice appreciated!

mattfong

imacaholic
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 4, 2001, 08:44 PM

Sending it to Apple would be the best way, but if you are a do-it-yourself type (aren't we all) check out these links. Enjoy!
http://members.home.net/yhpun/fixsoundjacks.html http://www.pbparts.com/store/agora.cgi?p_id=wssr
Fold! It does a body good!™
173.82 GHz Tower of Folding Power
9th Ranked Folder in the World

Forum Links
Forum Rules