Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Best bag/carry case for TiBook?

Best bag/carry case for TiBook?
wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2001, 06:00 PM

Hi.
I just ordered a 667 TiBook with (order no. W207507x--not shipping yet ), and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to what kind of bag or carry case would be good with it. I'm not interested in anything super fancy, and $200 is as much as I can spend on it.

Thanks for your suggestions!

DeRobeHer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 25, 2001, 04:28 PM

I just got an Icon backpack from SpireUSA (www.spireusa.com). Its a great bag. The second Spire bag I've owned (TiPB doesn't fit in my Vurt). I can fit tons of stuff in it, and it houses my Ti securley.
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

SMacSteve
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2001, 01:01 PM

I've got the Brenthaven Titanium One that is designed for the TiBook. You can find it on Apples web site under Accessories. It sells for $149 there and for $129 at www.smalldog.com It's perfect and lots of room, made of ballistic nylon. Also includes a separate pullout carry case to tote the TiBook by it self.

cpatubo
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2001, 03:47 PM

I started out with a Kensington Saddlebag. It was all right, I liked the feature that made it a handle-carried, shoulder strap, or backpack strap. It proved to be bulky for me, though. I accumulated a lot of junk in it (solely my own fault, heh). I was also using the Waterfield Designs sleevecase, which I still have for transporting just the Ti around (VERY good sleeve!). It comes in a vertical config now... ooooo...

So many months ago, I shopped around and settled on the Tom Bihn G4 Eclipse. VERY good bag, I love it. Small and very functional. I can fit my Visor, Rio, cables, and papers in it. Highly recommended.

The bag that they were advertising at the top of the MacNN forums looked good too, but it looks like the banner and link aren't working right now. Anyone have one?

schmoe
Forum Regular
Oct 26, 2001, 04:14 PM

Courtney, does that G4 Eclipse case have strong plastic inserts that keep the case from collapsing? I was looking at it and couldn't figure out how much protection it would provide for the Powerbook. How is the padding?

Originally posted by cpatubo:
<STRONG>So many months ago, I shopped around and settled on the Tom Bihn G4 Eclipse. VERY good bag, I love it. Small and very functional. I can fit my Visor, Rio, cables, and papers in it. Highly recommended.

The bag that they were advertising at the top of the MacNN forums looked good too, but it looks like the banner and link aren't working right now. Anyone have one?</STRONG>

cpatubo
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2001, 04:29 PM

Originally posted by schmoe:
<STRONG>Courtney, does that G4 Eclipse case have strong plastic inserts that keep the case from collapsing? I was looking at it and couldn't figure out how much protection it would provide for the Powerbook. How is the padding?
</STRONG>
It's quite nice. The padding keeps the bag stiff and upright, like most laptop bags. Not so thick that it's bulky... but substaintial enough to protect. I haven't dropped it yet to see how well it protects, but that's a good thing.

Did you see the page that describes the padding? As the page says, it's like the Lap Dog's padding... 4mm corrugated plastic lined with 8mm foam... wraps around the sides and bottom. Quite good.

JaredTown
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2001, 04:53 AM

Originally posted by wataru:
<STRONG>Hi.
I just ordered a 667 TiBook with (order no. W207507x--not shipping yet ), and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to what kind of bag or carry case would be good with it. I'm not interested in anything super fancy, and $200 is as much as I can spend on it.

Thanks for your suggestions!</STRONG>
It depends what you are looking for. I was using a Misc. Samsonite laptop bag that I picked up from Comp USA for a while, but did not like how a fabric bag can have the potential to squish the Ti at times. Especially after testing the screen (press on the back and watch the ripples) myself. So I decided to bite the bullet and go down to my local El Portal Luggage store after comparing online prices and pickup a Zero Halliburton DZ-5 case. I paid $250 for it, and am COMPLETELY satisfied. Somebody once wrote in this forum "Why buy the top of the line laptop and buy a cheap case to carry it around in?"

Good Advice IMHO

-Jared Folsom

MrGadget
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2001, 12:49 PM

I just received my NL-11 from Willow Designs (now just waiting for the 667 to arrive, it's been two weeks already!!!) I'm very happy with the case, it's designed for the Ti so I don't imagine the fit will be a problem. It has a little stand to keep the Ti's bottom elevated from the case while in use for better heat circulation, and a number of other great features. In addition, Willow makes a number of other Apple friendly products: http://www.willowdesign.com/

-Matt

drmbb2
Forum Regular
Oct 30, 2001, 08:00 PM

Just got my BrentHaven Titanium 1 (still waiting on the 667Mhz powerbook though, sigh!). Great Bag though!! The internal, removable "sleeve" is in itself an extremely sturdy and well padded, fully enclosed (fold-over top flap) carry case. The rest of the case is ample for the rest of my "stuff" and it offers superb protection while still not being overly large or weighty.
"No footprints when we're gone. Only where we've been, a faint and fading glow" Bruce Cockburn

murbot
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 30, 2001, 09:47 PM

drmbb2, how well padded is that sleeve that holds the PowerBook? I mean is there a good deal of padding underneath it, or is it suspended within the bag somehow? Just wondering what the impact protection is like if it's dropped onto the ground.

I am probably getting the Titanium 1 as well - looks like one hell of a bag.

<MAP>
Oct 31, 2001, 12:16 PM

I highly recommend the Swiss Army WebPak. It's a bit on the expensive side, but I've never seen a more extensively protective computer bag. The outer shell is well-padded and made of very tough and durable ballistic nylon. Suspended inside is a removable suspension sleeve where the laptop kindof floats in the middle of all this padding and elastic. It doubles as a back pack or a shoulder bag.

It also has the clean lines and idiosyncratic details which are signatures of Swiss design...if you like that kindof stuff. Even if you don't buy it, you should check this bag out. It demonstrates some sophisticated thinking in bag design.

<MAP>
Oct 31, 2001, 12:17 PM

jwtseng
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 1, 2001, 12:06 AM

Wow, wOw, WOW! I just got my large cargo bag and sleevecase from www.sfbags.com. All pieces are awesome. The custom made quality is incredible!

I have seen the Brenthaven Titanium 1 bag with the removable sleeve and all, but the Waterfield Design G4 sleeve and Large Cargo bag combo is definitely, without a question superior. Wow.

It really is amazing quality stuff. The Brenthaven just strikes me as another nylon black bag like all the others at CompUSA or OfficeDepot. The Waterfield Design bags have the protection that I will trust my G4 to be in and it also has style. Plus the people at Waterfield handled my order with care and alacrity!

In a word, WOW. Apple should be pushing this line of bags instead of the Brenthaven for true Mac users who LOVE their computers. Wow. I can't say it enough. Sorry. Wow!

wicrde
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2001, 09:27 PM

Has any Ti owner bought a TARGUS SPORTS BACKPACK?
http://www.targus.com.au/default_product.asp?sku=CZ1001

Have just ordered my Ti 550 - waiting, waiting ever waiting, so I thought I'd buy a bag... any thoughts or comments.

Thanks
If all else fails... PANIC!

massey
Forum Regular
Nov 5, 2001, 09:42 PM

i agree with jwtseng, the waterfield bags are pretty cool, I got a sleeve case but I also use a commuter bag from timbuk2 design.....both cool bags....both nicely made.....both made in san francisco

Mark Herbert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2001, 09:47 PM

Wicrde,

I recently purchased a bag for my Ti 400 from Crumpler (the Wack-O-Phone) it is a nice bag, very strong. They are based in Victoria, Australia so give them a look if you are in Oz.
http://www.crumpler.com.au/

Cheers,
Mark

wicrde
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2001, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by Mark Herbert:
<STRONG>Wicrde,

I recently purchased a bag for my Ti 400 from Crumpler (the Wack-O-Phone) it is a nice bag, very strong. They are based in Victoria, Australia so give them a look if you are in Oz.

Cheers,
Mark</STRONG>
Thanks Mark, The Wack-O-Phone does look good, is there enough padding for the Ti from all the other bits and pieces, and how much was it as I couldn't order it online. Thanks.

Phil

wicrde
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2001, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by Mark Herbert:
<STRONG>Wicrde,

Cheers,
Mark</STRONG>
Thanks Mark, The Wack-O-Phone does look good, is there enough padding for the Ti from all the other bits and pieces, and how much was it as I couldn't order it online. Thanks.

Phil

admac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2001, 02:08 AM

i bought an incase sleeve for my 667. it's one of the ones that apple sells on their accessories page. great sleeve. a little bit of extra padding for it when it's in my tumi backpack. this is almost the perfect carrying situation for me and my ti. perfect for motorcycling too.

admac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2001, 02:15 AM

i bought an incase sleeve for my 667. it's one of the ones that apple sells on their accessories page. great sleeve. a little bit of extra padding for it when it's in my tumi backpack. this is almost the perfect carrying situation for me and my ti. perfect for motorcycling too.

cbrg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2001, 10:50 AM

If anyone is looking to do some research on bags for the Titanium and/or the iBook surf over to http://www.bagreview.com.

This site rates and reviews bags, backpacks, messenger bags, etc for laptops and especially the Ti:G4 and iBook.

I believe that the Titanium-1 is reviewed there and they post more every week.

Take a look
--------------------------------------------
Chris Edwards
http://www.bagreview.com

Reviews asnd ratings of laptop bags, backpack, and messenger bags with attention to the Powerbook, Powerbook G4, iBook, iBook Dual USB

Mark Herbert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2001, 08:29 PM

Thanks Mark, The Wack-O-Phone does look good, is there enough padding for the Ti from all the other bits and pieces, and how much was it as I couldn't order it online.
The bag is well padded and is waterproof (definately is as it rained pretty hard the other day). It has plenty of space for me but it depends on how much stuff you like to carry around.

The bag cost AU$220 (worth it as the Ti is worth much more)

Not sure where you are in Australia but if they don't have a store in your city give them a call. I found that although they don't list a store in Adelaide on their website there is one.

Also since they last updated their web page they have a couple of new bags. The "Crisp Suit" is even bigger than the "Very Busy Man" and the "Gent" which has the laptop sit vertically (not sure if it fits the Ti though).

Best of Luck,
Mark

Mark Herbert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2001, 08:33 PM

Thanks Mark, The Wack-O-Phone does look good, is there enough padding for the Ti from all the other bits and pieces, and how much was it as I couldn't order it online.
The bag is well padded and is waterproof (definately is as it rained pretty hard the other day). It has plenty of space for me but it depends on how much stuff you like to carry around.

The bag cost AU$220 (worth it as the Ti is worth much more)

Not sure where you are in Australia but if they don't have a store in your city give them a call. I found that although they don't list a store in Adelaide on their website there is one.

Also since they last updated their web page they have a couple of new bags. The "Crisp Suit" is even bigger than the "Very Busy Man" and the "Gent" which has the laptop sit vertically (not sure if it fits the Ti though).

Best of Luck,
Mark

I'mDaMac
Senior User
Nov 11, 2001, 12:09 AM

The Brenthaven Titanium fits the TiBook like a glove. The inner sleeve protects the TiBook with padding on all four sides. A strip of velcro holds the sleeve in the bag securely and prevents unnecessary shifting while in transit. There are more than enough compartments to hold your stuff. $149 was a bit more than I was planning on spending but this bag is worth every penny!
Who'sDaMac?

SMacSteve
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2001, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by I'mDaMac:
<STRONG>The Brenthaven Titanium fits the TiBook like a glove. The inner sleeve protects the TiBook with padding on all four sides. A strip of velcro holds the sleeve in the bag securely and prevents unnecessary shifting while in transit. There are more than enough compartments to hold your stuff. $149 was a bit more than I was planning on spending but this bag is worth every penny!</STRONG>
Too bad you didn't read my post earlier about the $129 price at smalldog.com you could have saved $20 Don't worry you're not alone. I found out about it after I bought mine too.

<caseboy>
Nov 12, 2001, 12:13 AM

Can anyone compare the Brenthaven Titanium 1 to other "generic" cases? e.g., those made by Targus, and Kensington? I realize that the Titanium1 offers you some *cool features* -- but what I am trying to get is an HONEST assessment of the relative amount of PROTECTION afforded by each case.

If you read this and want to reply that you love your Titanium1, fine -- but please, if you compare to a Kensington or Targus or other generic, please only do so if you've seen them side by side....this is really important to me.

Thanks.

wataru  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2001, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by &lt;caseboy&gt;:
<STRONG>Can anyone compare the Brenthaven Titanium 1 to other "generic" cases? e.g., those made by Targus, and Kensington? I realize that the Titanium1 offers you some *cool features* -- but what I am trying to get is an HONEST assessment of the relative amount of PROTECTION afforded by each case.

If you read this and want to reply that you love your Titanium1, fine -- but please, if you compare to a Kensington or Targus or other generic, please only do so if you've seen them side by side....this is really important to me.

Thanks.</STRONG>
Try reading the rest of the posts. As was written earlier, this site has reviews on lots of laptop bags: http://www.bagreview.com
It has a whole section just on TiBook bags.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: wataru ]

DJ Ed White
Nov 12, 2001, 08:00 PM

Has anyone seen/used the Titanium/iBook specific bags at: http://www.nubaggage.com/ ? Based on the detail photos, these seem to be the nicest bags on the market. Any opinions?

wataru  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2001, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by DJ Ed White:
<STRONG>Has anyone seen/used the Titanium/iBook specific bags at: http://www.nubaggage.com/ ? Based on the detail photos, these seem to be the nicest bags on the market. Any opinions?</STRONG>
Jeez, and I thought the Brenthaven was expensive! It looks like a nice bag, but somehow it doesn't look like it offers better protection than non-leather bags. In fact I'd bet the padding isn't as good as foam for impacts. Not that I've ever seen one of these in person.

By the way, I ended up going with the Brenthaven. I'm thoroughly satisfied, although I don't jump for joy or giggle like a schoolgirl when I use it.

<bag fetishist>
Nov 13, 2001, 05:03 AM

get something from spire (http://www.spireusa.com/). They make the absolute best designs in laptop bags. i love my atom. if you want more space, get an icon.

Sure, get another bag. they're all wonderfully protective. the only snag is, they're all BUTT-UGLY. i mean, they should at least go to an industrial design school. or even take remedial charcoal drawing ferchrissake. it's not really a matter of style over substance. it's having _style_ with substance.

probably ruined my recommendation with my snarling. oh well.

<MoKoNa^>
Nov 13, 2001, 10:33 AM

Just a quick question: Does the Kensington saddlebag fit a G4Ti?
Just wondering... My G4Ti 667 MHz 512Mb is shipping as we speak... yummy... Just need something to put it in...

PupuPuuu!

<caseboy>
Nov 13, 2001, 02:24 PM

<STRONG>

Try reading the rest of the posts. As was written earlier, this site has reviews on lots of laptop bags: http://www.bagreview.com
It has a whole section just on TiBook bags.
</STRONG>
Try not being a complete idiot. This is a major challenge for you, I know.

You moron, I specifically asked for comparisons to ***GENERIC*** cases -- e.g., the Targus, or the Kensington. Nothing like that can be found at bagreview.com.

My god, snotty people who proceed to demonstrate their utter stupidity (helloooooo wataru) are really irritating.

wataru  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2001, 04:51 PM

Originally posted by &lt;caseboy&gt;:
<STRONG>

Try not being a complete idiot. This is a major challenge for you, I know.

You moron, I specifically asked for comparisons to ***GENERIC*** cases -- e.g., the Targus, or the Kensington. Nothing like that can be found at bagreview.com.

My god, snotty people who proceed to demonstrate their utter stupidity (helloooooo wataru) are really irritating.</STRONG>
I can see how my reply might have come off as snotty, but I hardly think your overreaction is any better. Could we keep the personal attacks to a minimum?

<caseboy>
Nov 13, 2001, 04:57 PM

<STRONG>

I can see how my reply might have come off as snotty, but I hardly think your overreaction is any better. Could we keep the personal attacks to a minimum?</STRONG>
That would have been my personal preference from the beginning.

jamesa
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 14, 2001, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by DeRobeHer:
<STRONG>I just got an Icon backpack from SpireUSA (www.spireusa.com). Its a great bag. The second Spire bag I've owned (TiPB doesn't fit in my Vurt). I can fit tons of stuff in it, and it houses my Ti securley.</STRONG>
I'll second that. Spire's are awesome. I have subjected mine to a torrent of abuse all around Australia and it's as tough as nails. Well designed, and anonymous - I don't want people knowing the contents plus, v v comfortable.

Highly recommended!

-- james

cbrg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 18, 2001, 12:20 PM

I saw that someone was looking for an honest comparison between generic bags i.e. Kensington, Targus, etc.

I saw that the next review on http://www.bagreview.com is going to be the Targus Deluxe Sport Pack. The new review is the Dana Designs Suit.

Just wanted to share this with you all.
--------------------------------------------
Chris Edwards
http://www.bagreview.com

Reviews asnd ratings of laptop bags, backpack, and messenger bags with attention to the Powerbook, Powerbook G4, iBook, iBook Dual USB

Danni
Nov 18, 2001, 07:52 PM

MoKoNa, yes the PB G4 will fit inside a Kensington Saddlebag. That is the bag I have used for the last 3 years with my PowerBook G3 and it now carries my PB G4. Mind you, I put the PB G4 in a sleeve. I am using the Tom Bihn Mitre sleeve which fits the tibook like a glove. The sleeve also has a velcro closure so there is nothing to scratch the finish on the tibook. By the way, those Saddlebags are guarantied for life and when my original bag popped one of the rivets in the handle, they promptly sent me another one (well, actually two of them but that is another story).

Hope this helps,

Danni

<eastmac>
Nov 24, 2001, 05:21 AM

I am looking for a G4 sleeve case and have just about seen them all. I've seen cases from Jansport, North Face, Tom Bihn, Waterfield, Case Logic, Eagle Creek, InCase, Brenthaven, and loads of others including generics. Some are really thick, some have lots of extra pockets, some fit the G4 loosely, some are zippered, and some don't really cover the G4 completely.

I want a case that fits the G4 like a glove with enough protection to prevent scratches and small bumps. I would like it to be TOTALLY enclosed - most allow some parts of the G4 to be uncovered and vulnerable to scratches. It doesn't have to be waterproof or withstand bullets, or hold all my extra stuff - just a nice and simple sleeve. On top of this, I would like it to have a velcro enclosure to prevent zipper scratches and be barely larger than the G4 itself. I'm sure lots of you are looking for a simple sleeve like this.

I looked at a site from PowerLab in Japan and found several really nice bags that fit the bill. However, based only on pictures, I don't know for sure whether these are truly any better than ones here in the US. Can anyone with the Tom Bihn Mitre or Waterfield SleeveCases tell me more about their experiences with their cases (scratches, too big, etc)? Thanks!

schmoe
Forum Regular
Nov 24, 2001, 01:14 PM

I got the Tom Bihn G4 Monolith. It fits the TiG4 perfectly, there will be no sliding once it is inside. I purchased this one because it has a protective layer of rigid plastic surrounding the foam. Unfortunately it does have the zipper which I am concerned may scratch the machine itself, although that is unlikely unless I drop it very hard, or turn it upside down. I'll probably put a peice of cloth on top of the machine, under the zipper, when travelling.

glennmac
Nov 24, 2001, 01:25 PM

I don't know that anyone has mentioned the MacCase Sleeve from Kusuma/Jambag. It is chome-colored waterproof nylon, side opening with a velcro flap (no zipper), and a plastic window in the center so the Apple logo on the Ti shows through. They also have other bags for the Ti. See: http://www.jambags.com/macs.html

<eastmac>
Nov 24, 2001, 02:53 PM

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestions. The Monolith and JamBags are definitely nice. I thought about both (and continue to think), but take a look at this site from Japan (don't read - just look at and click on the pictures for more shots of the bags).
http://www.mobile-bag.com/g4ready.htm

They have some nice bags too. Bill Fox from MacImports says he can get any of these bags shipped to you from Japan. They may be worth the extra money for the protection and designs they provide.

Anyway, I'm almost ready to stitch myself a bag, but father time just says buy something already! Thanks again everyone!

n_lim
Forum Regular
Nov 24, 2001, 06:39 PM

woah some of those bags are very cool. I especially like the Breath Carry Downy for 9800 yen. How much will macimports charge over the 78.79 this site is charging to import it in? I struggled with the sleeve bag issue for a long time and was wavering between Timbuk2 sleeve, Waterfield and making my own out of neoprene sheeting. In the end, went the cheap route and bought the caselogic sleeve which fits snugly for only $20. It is not specifically designed for the Ti, but it fits well with a little extra room on the top. The zipper doesn't scratch as it has a lining and I try to be careful and it has zippers on both sides so you can charge without taking the book out. But some of these Japanese bags are very cool, I would be interested to see how much they would charge,,,
12" Al 867|60GB|SD

Danni
Nov 24, 2001, 11:54 PM

Eastmac,

The Tom Bihn Mitre fits the PB G4 with no extra space to spare. The PowerBook slides in the bag easily but it fits snugly. It has a very soft brushed nylon interior and so far, I have had no scratches on my TiBook after 2 and a half weeks of use. I put the TiBook into the sleeve daily and carry it in my Kensignton SaddleBag as I have previously mentioned. I expecially like the fact that the sleeve covers the computer completely and that it has a velcro closure on the flap. There are no zippers that could accidently scratch the machine.

Hope this helps,

Danni

<eastmac>
Nov 26, 2001, 03:07 AM

Originally posted by n_lim:
<STRONG>woah some of those bags are very cool. I especially like the Breath Carry Downy for 9800 yen. How much will macimports charge over the 78.79 this site is charging to import it in? I struggled with the sleeve bag issue for a long time and was wavering between Timbuk2 sleeve, Waterfield and making my own out of neoprene sheeting. In the end, went the cheap route and bought the caselogic sleeve which fits snugly for only $20. It is not specifically designed for the Ti, but it fits well with a little extra room on the top. The zipper doesn't scratch as it has a lining and I try to be careful and it has zippers on both sides so you can charge without taking the book out. But some of these Japanese bags are very cool, I would be interested to see how much they would charge,,, </STRONG>
Could you tell me more about the CaseLogic sleeve? How many inches remain at the top of the case? I looked everywhere, but none of the sites seem to suggest that the G4 fits (the dimensions they list seem too small for the G4). They only mention that it fits most laptop brands and the iBook. If you bought the Large Neoprene Laptop Sleeve for $20 and it fits the G4 that's great! I need a cheap solution to my problem.

Bill Fox from MacImports (www.macimports.com/home.html) told me that the In-Packed bags are $84 + $21 shipping and the APE bag is priced the same. The GIB-2 is $72 + $21 shipping. Rather pricey, but very nice bags. Thanks for your help!

n_lim
Forum Regular
Nov 26, 2001, 03:18 AM

yes, despite the dimesions on the caselogic packaging not fitting the Ti's dimensions, it does fit. It is snug, there is perhaps an extra 1/4-1/2 inch of room on the vertical and there seems to be a very snug fit on the horizontal, but it all works due to the stretchy nature of neoprene. If all you need is a cheap sleeve for the occasional schlepping I think it is pretty decent at $20. Ideally I think I would have made my own sleeve as there is nothing out there that really fits what I want- something with matching titanium colored sides made of hard plastic or metal with a stretchy neoprene interior. I might just modify my Caselogic to what I wanted.
12" Al 867|60GB|SD

<eastmac>
Nov 27, 2001, 12:36 AM

Thanks for the info n_lim!

I think I'll get the CaseLogic - it seems to be an economical choice and perhaps the only one for the type of sleeve we're looking for. I'm surprised none of the bag makers are taking up the task of producing a simple sleeve with no frills.

glennmac
Nov 28, 2001, 10:42 PM

Found a unique case at Levengers. Go to http://www.levenger.com/ and search for Laptop PJ's. (I dont know how to post pictures.) They are padded portfolios, zippered on three sides. The book can stay banded in the case even when plugged in because there is a "trap door" along the fourth side that unsnaps to reveal the bottom of the notebook. They make them in black nylon ($40) and several fine stitched leather colors ($120). There are some thin outside pockets, also.

<cbrg>
Nov 29, 2001, 11:28 AM

Before buying any bag go to http://www.bagreview.com. They have tons that have been reviewed.

There is a whole section on Powerbook bags. They have pictures, manufacturer's info, price, reviews, etc.

Also, if there is a bag that is not on the site, they will attempt to get one in to review it. I e-mailed them and they replied fast.

I am looking at the Dana Design bag. It looks great and got really high marks.

iMan
Forum Regular
Nov 29, 2001, 08:52 PM

Get the Racer-X from Water Field! $129
http://www.sfbags.com

If you want a sleeve to go with it they have them too.

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: iMan ]
Nick Fleming
[email protected]

Ti PowerBook - 1000/512/60
iPod 30 GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules