Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > usb or PS/2 on adb

usb or PS/2 on adb
Jeff
May 28, 2000, 06:30 PM

What products are available that allow you to use usb or ps/2 mice on an adb mac?

MacOS761
Senior User
May 29, 2000, 03:44 PM

Well, I tried to post this last night, but Netscape froze up. Anyway...

If your computer has PCI slots, you can get a PCI card that will give you USB ports. I believe that you have to be running OS 8.5 (so, 8.6) for this to work. I have never heard of a similar product for PS/2 peripherals - what would be the market for that?

There are adapters for using ADB on a USB Mac, but I don't believe there are adapters to go the other way, either for USB or PS/2.

To find actual products, search this and the G4 and iMac forums for "USB" and "PCI" - I'm sure you'll find some good links.
<a href="http://www.macronyms.com" target="_blank"> </a>
kelsevinal: i am impervious to your "nerd" attacks

Evinyatar
Mac Enthusiast
May 31, 2000, 02:20 PM

There is a PS/2 to USB adapter. So if you'd just buy a PCI-&gt;USB card, and connect the USB-&gt;PS/2 adapter, you'd be settled. Of course it's not worth the money but that's your problem

More info on the PS/2 adapter: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...tersAndCables?
PowerMac G4 400MHz/832MB/60GB
AlBook G4 15" 1.25GHz/1.5GB/60GB
Athlon 64 3500+/Asus A8N-SLI Premium/2GB RAM/990GB HD/GF7800GT 512

cjk
Jun 3, 2000, 09:50 PM

www.geethree.com makes a PS/2 to ADB adapter. It works with mice but not keyboards. I have one and have used it with various PS/2 mice with zero problems. I'm currently using a MS Intellimouse explorer connected to it right now.

--christian

Forum Links
Forum Rules