Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I ****ING HATE FEDEX!!!!

I ****ING HATE FEDEX!!!!
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2001, 11:24 PM

I ordered a new G4 from the Apple store. On May 23rd, Fedex tried to deliver it, but no one was home, so they left a door knocker saying to call and make an schedule a time when i will be home. I called every ****ing day and tell them when to deliver it, and here I am, 10 days later no package. I've talked to managers, and the local manager was even supposed to hand deliver my computer tonight on his way home from work. The ****ing prick never showed!!!! These people are absolutely ridiculous!!!! They don't even do anything on the phone, they just go "Uhm, it should have been delivered" They absoluty suck ass!! I tried to call apple computer but there was nobody there at 10:30 at night. Next time, I'm goona order my comptuer over the phone, adn tell them to use UPS, I don't ****ing care how much of a pain it is!! The thign cost me $2400 total not including the monitor (which is sitting on my desk all alone) and by the time i GET it, they are probably going to come out with new ones, and this goddamn thing will ony be worth like $1600. I am so ******** I already threw my cordless across the room. I ****ING HATE YOU FEDEX!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Make Money With Your Macintosh!

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Jun 1, 2001, 11:26 PM

Woah, take a breath.

I dunno ... UPS screwed me over the last time. I've always had a better experience with FedEx but looks like you got screwed.

Hope you find your computer!

------------------
the oddball newsletter
------------------
it's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2001, 11:27 PM

When I sent my PB back to Apple for repair, I was so anxious to get it back that when FedEx left the little note, I actually drove out to their warehouse to get the package. If your warehouse is close enough, you might try that. I know it's a pain and a half

------------------
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2001, 11:29 PM

Well go figure but, I figuredthat Fedex, the package delivery company, might be so bold as to bring my package to me. I must be dumb I guess.. Maybe i hsould just go to apple and order some G4 blue prints and just make my own ****ing computer.

------------------

cheerios
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2001, 11:33 PM

ok, step one: Take a deep breath... Now scream every explicative known to man! You can even slip a few that aren't in there...
Step two: Go stalk the fed ex man...
Step three: bury his body in the woods, and enjoy your computer.

If that doesnt help, return to step one.

Good luck, dude!

------------------

...it's only life after all!
--Indigo Girls
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2001, 11:35 PM

now thats a ****ing plan!

------------------

jagga
Senior User
Jun 1, 2001, 11:50 PM

Originally posted by cheerios:
ok, step one: Take a deep breath... Now scream every explicative known to man! You can even slip a few that aren't in there...
Step three: bury his body in the woods, and enjoy your computer.

If that doesnt help, return to step one.

Good luck, dude!

wow, i gotta find girls like these

------------------
Jagga
Check out some screenshots here
My Server

plaidpjs
Senior User
Jun 2, 2001, 12:01 AM

hehe... I008com, not to laugh at was is clearly a bogus set of circumstances (did I just say bogus?), but, I think the FedEx guy took your computer home the first night he tried to deliver it and loves it so much he doesn't want to give it back... in which case, definitely go with cheerios' plan...

BTW, juanvlades,you know if you f*ck up there are like twenty guys on this forum that are ready to hop in line for cheerios, right? I'd be thinking ring purchase right about now! =)

------------------
G4/533 DP, 768 MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 32MB GeForce2 MX, 30GB VST Firewire Drive, and an Apple Cinema Display.
G4/533 DP, 768 MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 32MB GeForce2 MX, 30GB VST Firewire Drive, and an Apple Cinema Display.

Avenir
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2001, 03:33 AM

Originally posted by plaidpjs:
BTW, juanvlades,you know if you f*ck up there are like twenty guys on this forum that are ready to hop in line for cheerios, right? I'd be thinking ring purchase right about now! =)

I might be number twentyone if a picture of said cheerios were to come to my attention...

whoa, off topic... hmmm I've had good experiences with FedEx actually, but I wish they could seach their database for a package that I KNOW is coming to my house, but I don't have a damn tracking number. They never ****ing will... I'll show those ****ers what to do with a ****ing tracking number!

------------------
[email protected] | 3932806 | Avenirx
http://www.avenirex.com

spike[at]avenirex[dot]com | Avenirex
IM - Avenirx | ICQ - 3932806

jeffhot
Senior User
Jun 2, 2001, 03:42 AM

Ugh, you guys are disgusting. Don't you have any respect for another guy? Not to mention yourselves. This is a chat room for God's sake. About Macs and stuff.

"I dry hump my computer every night thinking about Cheerios. The only image in my mind is my ex-girlfriend's body with Cheerios' sig file for a face!"

Pathetic dorks, you guys make me feel bad about myself for associating with you.

Avenir
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2001, 03:53 AM

Originally posted by jeffhot:
Ugh, you guys are disgusting. Don't you have any respect for another guy? Not to mention yourselves. Pathetic dorks, you guys make me feel bad about myself for associating with you.
Puhleeeeeeeeze tell me that was directed towards me!

------------------

subpar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2001, 04:59 AM

dude, I ****ING HATE FEDEX!!!!! too.

but my reason stems largely from the fact i had a two week stint working as a fedex package handler a while back. talk about being mistreated, overworked, and underpaid. i'm glad i quit two weeks into it.

i noticed a couple imac boxes while being there..and they weren't exactly treated with the utmost care, to say the least. i guess the employees there stop giving a crap after the first 3 hours of backbreaking manual labor for 8.50/hr.

so in conclusion, screw you fedex!!
wow, who knew it'd be using macnn forums to lash out against corporate villains.. :-)

----
life is made up of moments...this is one of them

life is made up of moments...this is one of them

cheerios
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2001, 05:23 AM

I'm officially frightened...

------------------

...it's only life after all!
--Indigo Girls
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2001, 05:26 AM

Originally posted by plaidpjs:

yo, guys. There are plents of chicks out there, you don't need to steal mine! I have enough trouble with the pre-teen segment of the forums *caugh*PBDude*caugh* lay off please.

------------------
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2001, 06:36 AM

No need for all this anger. After all, it's a computer.

Anyway, these officeworkers are usually average Americans who need a job to support themselves. They assume not a particularly special job, but a job nonetheless, and thus they are not a burden to society.

I say that they can only do what the rules tell them to do. They have a set of guidelines that they must follow to keep their jobs, or so I am told.

Ham Sandwich
Jun 2, 2001, 07:32 AM

I rely upon FedEx, UPS and Airborne getting the package to my local destination warehouse. I make sure all my packages are held there so I can pick them up. Too many bad experiences with things being lost en route, late, left on the front stoop, or never making it out of the distribution center. I know I should expect things to make it the final leg of their tour but c'mon, we're talking about relying on people here, folks! Anything I can do to take away one step of human intervention with my goods is a bonus!

-s'fit

P.S. And I personally know a couple of UPS drivers pretty well. Let's just say, I wouldn't trust them to deliver water without damaging it.

Raman
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2001, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by Avenir:
I might be number twentyone if a picture of said cheerios were to come to my attention...

O.k.k guys, i think it' s time to put down the keyboard and go outside and get a life..

jeez.. every time a female is mentioned in the threads i keep hearing cheerios' name as if she's the only girl on earth.. i thought it was just peecee users, but i guess some of you mac owners spend a little too much time on your computers.

we are not a substitute for your social life. sorry..

misc
Jun 2, 2001, 10:23 AM

Hey,
I'm sorry to hear this.. I have a similar story:

We ordered an iMac DVSE, a free printer, airport basestation and airport card on a Thursday. Apple said that it would arrive in 2-3 *work* days. Okay, I could wait until Monday or Tuesday. Monday comes, nothing. I check the online shipper tracker thing, It says its still at a warehouse. Tuesday comes, nothing.. Thursday comes, nothing. I check the tracker again, and it still says It's at the warehouse... Nothing Friday/Saturday/Sunday. I call Apple Monday morning, they said that they are sorry and will get us a "gift" to make up for it. I felt a little better (hoping for a Powerbook but, no ). I go out for a little bit, I try to get in the driveway but a UPS truck is in the way. Finally it came, and no Powerbook for me..

Ah well, that's my experience with UPS.

------------------
-Misc

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

nealconner
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2001, 10:43 AM

If FedEx and UPS merged, would they call it "FedUPS"?

------------------
neal andrew conner
[email protected]
aim: neal a conner

plaidpjs
Senior User
Jun 2, 2001, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
yo, guys. There are plents of chicks out there, you don't need to steal mine! I have enough trouble with the pre-teen segment of the forums *caugh*PBDude*caugh* lay off please.

hehehe.... I really don't think PBD is someone to get riled up about, but it is kinda funny...

As for quoting me, I hope that was just as a matter of replying to the increasing number of people commenting on how cool your girlfriend is, cause I don't want cheerios, have never commented about wanting cheerios, or fantasizing about cheerios, or ... well, you get the point, I was simply highlighting a growing trend I have seen in these threads.... I didn't mean to offend anyone by doing so!

Ciao!

------------------

Kosmo
Senior User
Jun 2, 2001, 11:33 AM

This doesn't make sense. You can leave a note on your door to let FedEx know they can leave the package there. As long as you sign the note is it's fine.

I've had FedEx leave a note on my door, same as you, but when I called them about it they came back the next day no problem. 10 days?? Something is wrong. Prehaps the driver really did take it.

This just doesn't make sense. I think FedEx does a great job, but in this instance it sounds like they no longer have your computer at the warehouse. I wonder if the driver quit and stole it. That HAS happened in the past.

------------------
http://www.manzione.com/
MacNETv2 coming July 2001

http://www.macnet2.com

gumby5647
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2001, 11:56 AM

forgive me if im wrong........but the reason they didn't leave it on the frist day is because they needed a signature. You weren't home so they couldn't leave it, therefore they left a door dealie.

now listen carefully......this is were you F*cked up.....

your suppose to sign that door dealie!!!! then leave it on the door....so that when they try and deliever it the next day....your signature is on it, authorizing them to drop it off.......

and personally....id go with Fedex any day over UPS......
FEDEX=get your package delievered within 3 days before 3pm
UPS=Get your package in 2-3 years sometime after 7:30pm....but hey, who's counting

------------------
AIM: gumby5647
[email protected]
http://homepage.mac.com/gumby5647
iMac DV +, Indigo,
GO PHANTOM REGIMENT! All the way in '01!
AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

artman
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 2, 2001, 12:24 PM

Hey, signing that door thing so your brand new, expensive laptop can be left on your doorstep for someone else to take is not a great solution. This has happened to someone I know. Your best solution is to pick it up at the warehouse.

Hey FedEx, UPS...here's an idea...evening deliveries...gasp! How inovative! I just don't understand why they haven't thought of that. Do they think everyone sits at home everyday waiting for deliveries? We have jobs too you know...

------------------
The Artman @_@
http://www.artshack.com

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2001, 12:57 PM

Signing the door thing so they could leave mhy computer on my step is the most assanine thing anyone has ever said on one of these forums. This is a $2400 Mac!!! Not to mention, YOU CAN'T!!!! They're dumb, but they're not that dumb, you have to be there to sing in person i'm told. And anther reason why i didn't **** up and you are a **** bag... incase you hav't heard, they NEVER CAME BACK. they were at my house ONCE adn they havn;t been back. And the door thing even said, call up and schedule a time when I'm home. This is insane, i'm going to call apple right now, i DO deserve a free iBook after this!!

------------------

Kozmik
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 2, 2001, 01:05 PM

I have had good experiences with both FedEx and UPS. The one I hate is Airborne Express. Don't even get me started on how bad they are...

[This message has been edited by Kozmik (edited 06-02-2001).]
<A HREF="http://www.macnet2.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET=_blank>
MacNet v2 Forums</A>

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2001, 01:10 PM

I've had hundreds of things delivered to me through UPS, no problem (Legos when I was younger, i had tons of them) It jsut seems like fed ex sucks, Ijust hung up with apple, and they called fedex, and said it got on teh wrong truck, and that they were going to dilvere it monday. funny fedex never told me this alst night. and since i never called them and set up a tim monday, if they even do come, no body will probably be home. this is insane, i'm seriously goona go down there and start f*cking killing people

------------------

pkatt
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 2, 2001, 04:58 PM

You're not the only one that hates Fed Ex. I ordered my cube on the 22nd from Apple. The monitor was shipped UPS and the computer and college promo (rio 600, 128meg, epson 777) was shipped Fed Ex. The monitor came on Friday, 2 days after it shipped. The rest didn't come till THIS friday, 7 days after shipped. Along with that, the rio box was opened by fed ex. all the contents were scattered inside the inner box and the battery was missing. The ram also came in the box, and it was out of it's small box and buried under the rio stuff. The small rio box was also all torn up. Now I have to send everything back. I'll be lucky to have my computer working by next friday, all because of Fed Ex!

ndpatel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2001, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by cheerios:
[/B]
heh...
in high school, the fed ex truck was always coming around as we drove home, so we took to following it around, blasting "watching the detectives" by elvis costello.

we did this every day for like a month, until the fedex guy noticed that there always seemed to be a bumpin reggae mustang tailing him, and actually asked us what the hell we were doing.

we told him we were studying his traffic patterns because we worked for UPS.

he believed us. silly git.

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2001, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by Kozmik:
I have had good experiences with both FedEx and UPS. The one I hate is Airborne Express. Don't even get me started on how bad they are...

[This message has been edited by Kozmik (edited 06-02-2001).]
Airborne express is wonderful! I have had great experience with both Airborne and UPS. Never used FedEx, however, and hearing this, I would prefer not to.

Airborne delivers fast and on time. My only problem with it is that they usually just leave the package at your door without ringing the doorbell. Oh well.

------------------
Pioneering the Drunken Circle tool since 2001.
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

Avenir
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2001, 07:46 PM

Originally posted by Raman:
O.k.k guys, i think it' s time to put down the keyboard and go outside and get a life..

jeez.. every time a female is mentioned in the threads i keep hearing cheerios' name as if she's the only girl on earth.. i thought it was just peecee users, but i guess some of you mac owners spend a little too much time on your computers.

we are not a substitute for your social life. sorry..
Holy-overreacting-Batman!!!!!

Jeeze, it was a joke, chill out... I'm not interested and I promise 90% of the others on this board aren't either (no offense Cheerios). We have lives, so maybe we spend too much time on the computer (I work at a friggin' computer shop, I can't help it), but we do have perfectly fine social lives outside of this BB...

...at least I do

------------------

cheerios
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2001, 04:31 AM

Originally posted by Avenir
:
<STRONG>
I'm not interested and I promise 90% of the others on this board aren't either (no offense Cheerios).
</STRONG>
None taken... Just a bit disturbed by some of the other responses. I know you guys are teasing, but I'm not used to it, so what is meant as a joke doesn't always come across that way. :/ Oh well, carry on with the FedEx bashing!

cbr600f4
Forum Regular
Jun 4, 2001, 12:22 AM

I do not know how you guys are having such an experience with delivery people. Maybe it is because I am from Iowa, but I have never had a problem with any delivery people with the exception of when I ordered System 8.5 They thought they had to hold the shipment til Monday and I had to wait two days after 8.5 shipped. But seriously, I have always signed for the package if I was not going to be at home. Then again I guess I can trust my neighboors.

You could have had your neighboor get the package I bet if you had a note on the door for the FedEx man. Just hope that you get your computer soon and I hope some of you still have faith in the shipping industry.

Nick

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2001, 01:02 AM

Dude, if you read before you posted, you would know what i have already said...
1) They wouldn't have left it even if i did sign, it's too big, they have to have someone take it in person
2) That all irrelevant anyway, becase they F*CKERS never came back to try again and see a signed note anyway!!

Bugs Bunny
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 4, 2001, 02:10 AM

Hah!! Want to see something the @sswipes at UPS did?? I sent this pkg UPS ground on May 22. It sat at Henrietta, NY for 8 days, and as you can see by the tracking page, is still hasn't been delivered yet. It says "routed incorrectly." WTF does that mean? I called UPS customer service, and they say "human error", I say, "stupid humans." What a bunch of dick smacks. They won't do anything about it. No refund, no upgrade,zilch, nada, BullSh!T. Needless to say, the guy I'm shipping it to is still waiting It will have taken almost 2 weeks for this pkg to be delivered. I could have driven the pkg there faster.

[ 06-04-2001: Message edited by: Bugs Bunny ]

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2001, 10:28 PM

Well it fina-f*cking-ly arrived today!! The monitor, which I bought on a seperate credit card, arrived about two weeks ago. I bought a apple refurbished 17" Studio. And wouldn't you know it, it's broken, when you turn it on it flickers like a bitch and then 'red' goes out, so all thigns red are black adn all things white are blue, adn so one, one its on for a while, it goes back to normal, but that doesn't matter, its still going back, its only goona get works, i have the same problem with my other 17", only difference is it's 6 years old and biege, and therefore is OK, it's not fourteen days old!!!! This is ridiculous. I hope the Apple Store Boston opens up soon!!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules