Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Next Apple Stores?

Next Apple Stores?
eza
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2001, 12:28 PM

i'm here in chicago, and i'm curious as to where the next apple store is going to open. from what i remember, it was 3-4 weeks since the first ones, so there should be another 2 weeks, but which location gets to be lucky #3?

the chicago store on michigan ave doesn't look like it's even being worked on. i haven't been out to woodfield in a while, and i have no idea where the one in lincoln park is supposed to be.

i did notice that retail jobs from the apple site list woodfield as one of a set of locations with job openings.

mindwaves
Jun 6, 2001, 02:23 PM

I believe that it was 10 weeks from the opening of the first store. I dont know about Chicago, but around me, there will be one in Newport Beach and one in Costa Mesa. Both very close.

Joshua
Mac Elite
Jun 6, 2001, 02:57 PM

I scouted out Woodfield last week and noticed that there's only one of those construction walls that isn't labeled. It looks like it's the right size, it's in a high traffic area, and it's directly across from a Gap Kids.

Judging from the fact that Woodfield is one of the few stores they're actively (and openly) recruiting for, I'd guess it's launching fairly soon...
Safe in the womb of an everlasting night
You find the darkness can give the brightest light.

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 6, 2001, 03:08 PM

I think the Bloomington, MN store (Mall of America) will be opening in August. I can't wait. I'll be there; hopefully not at the end of the line.

jeffhot
Senior User
Jun 6, 2001, 03:19 PM

I think the Michigan Avenue location wasn't scheduled to open until 2002, which is in keeping with the fact that it still says The Gap on all the signs. I'm still wondering about the mysterious Lincoln Park location.

plaidpjs
Senior User
Jun 6, 2001, 03:26 PM

Hey all!

I'm pretty sure based on rumors and some "site" checking by a friend that Mall Of America will be the next location to open.

As for trying to discern what will open next by the job listings, i wouldn't put too much stake in it. West Hartford was one of the first five up on the job boards, and they haven't even gotten a location in West Farms Mall started yet.

Based on the list of 14 (25 by end of year, 14 very soon, at the press conference), I'd say it's safe to say that those stores will be open no later than end of October, as I would think that Apple wants to pick up on Holiday mall shoppers as much as possible.

Anyway, i'm trying to keep as "up-to-date" on the retail stores as possible, so if I here anything more I'll post back!

Ciao!
G4/533 DP, 768 MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 32MB GeForce2 MX, 30GB VST Firewire Drive, and an Apple Cinema Display.

etphonehome
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 6, 2001, 05:48 PM

Where are you getting your information from?? I'd really like to be able to see a website showing all of the locations and when they're scheduled to open (at least in one person's opinion)

Please, Apple, PLEASE make the Mall of America store be the next one open, and open it soon!
<font color = blue>"Thank god for adequacy.</font> <font color = green>It gives people who </font><font color = red>suck </font><font color = green>something to strive for."</font>

[email protected]

eza  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2001, 06:37 PM

From the cnet article, which references the press event on the 15th from the McClean store, states stores opening in the next 6-8 weeks.

Locations listed there:

3 chicago (woodfield, lincoln park, michigan ave)
3 san fran (palo alto, newport beach, ?)
1 bloomington, MN (mall of america)
1 hartford, CT
1 Soho district, New York

1 littleton, CO from macnn
1 Birmingham, AL from macnn
1 Syracuse, NY from macnn
1 Palo Alto, CA from macnn
1 Buffalo, NY from macnn
2-3 Pennsylvania from macnn

and additional from the most recent job listing at apple
1 Albany, NY
1 Columbus, OH
1 Germantown, TN
1 Tampa, FL
1 Miami, FL
1 Wellington Green, FL
1 Plano, TX
1 Tice's, NJ

and the open ones in McClean and Glendale.

brings a total to: 23
i think, there might be some double up.

dhidekii
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2001, 07:42 PM

Don't forget the Pasadena Store. Not only was it on the original map, but the Apple corporate rep. at the Glendale grand opening told me it was coming soon, too.

Kosmo
Senior User
Jun 6, 2001, 08:04 PM

You've got to be kidding??!! No BOSTON store???? I mean, it's BOSTON...ya know, New York Chicago...BOSTON!!

Wellington Green. cool, that's west of Palm Beach, very upscale neighborhood. Thought about moving there once. Since I've become depressed about Bow, NH (see another thread here) maybe Wellington might be a good choice.

No Boston??

Why Apple, why?

http://www.macnet2.com

jeffhot
Senior User
Jun 6, 2001, 08:06 PM

oh yeah, and thanks for the tip about Jobs on the Apple web site. I just applied for a position at the Apple store in Woodfield. Me and 4000 other dorks. Wish me luck, sorry no discounts!

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Jun 6, 2001, 08:11 PM

WOO-HOO!!! SYRACUSE!!! I live five minutes from it, in fact I was in Carousel Mall today. Next time I go I'll be on the lookout for construction.
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

plaidpjs
Senior User
Jun 6, 2001, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by Kosmo:
<STRONG>You've got to be kidding??!! No BOSTON store???? I mean, it's BOSTON...ya know, New York Chicago...BOSTON!!

Wellington Green. cool, that's west of Palm Beach, very upscale neighborhood. Thought about moving there once. Since I've become depressed about Bow, NH (see another thread here) maybe Wellington might be a good choice.

No Boston??

Why Apple, why?</STRONG>

Now kosmo... I thought you knew this already... no Boston store on the list... yet! Closest will be West Hartford for now.

Eza - thanks for posting those links...
Now I don't have to!

Ciao!
G4/533 DP, 768 MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 32MB GeForce2 MX, 30GB VST Firewire Drive, and an Apple Cinema Display.

dhidekii
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 7, 2001, 03:04 AM

Originally posted by eza:
<STRONG>3 san fran (palo alto, newport beach, ?)</STRONG>
Newport Beach is in Southern California... just trying to make sure no confused Norcal people get too happy...

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2001, 03:18 AM

Yuk... SoCal...

Didn't they say there would be one at Valley Fair San Jose?

That mall is about a 15 min bike ride from my school!
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

Eugene
Senior User
Jun 7, 2001, 06:55 AM

The three San Francisco area locations will be in Burlingame, Palo Alto and San Jose according to the slide presentation map-photo

Forum Links
Forum Rules