Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > How long will be too long.

How long will be too long.
iMatt SE
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2001, 12:50 AM

Ok, I've got my clever name. I've got my cool image sig. So how long before I'm no longer a new member?

(not available in Flower Power)

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Jun 9, 2001, 01:11 AM

10 or 15 posts, I think...

chris_h
Mac Elite
Jun 9, 2001, 03:19 AM

Originally posted by iMatt SE:
<STRONG>Ok, I've got my clever name. I've got my cool image sig. So how long before I'm no longer a new member? </STRONG>
Matt,

I believe its 50 posts...

As a side note, its cool to see you're from Tyler. I go to school in Austin, but I'm back home in Tyler for the summer.
Its been so long since I've been here for any length of time, almost two years... what is there to do here? ;-)

cteselle
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 9, 2001, 03:27 AM

Here is the breakdown of how/when you earn your stars/status:

New Member (1-9) - 1 star
Member (10 - 99) - 2 stars
Senior Member (100 - 249) - 3 stars
Veteran Member (250-499) - 4 stars
Elite Member (500-999) - 5 stars
Addicted to MacNN (1000+) - 5 green stars

fobside
Mac Elite
Jun 9, 2001, 04:11 AM

its almost kinda pointless for me to post anymore. theres no status to move up to anymore. i suppose i could become a mod or an admin...but thats not likely to happen.

iMatt SE  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2001, 10:21 AM

Hey Chris,

Welcome home!! I've moved into a dowtown loft, and things are getting pretty fun down here at night.

We're getting a Gateway Country Store in that shopping center where Target used to be, so you can go down there this summer and raise hell.

Other than that, there's probably not much more to do than there was before.

Oh, our CompUSA is getting a little better about carring Mac stuff. Ours finally got declared a "super store" so now they are supose to have a "store in a store" (its in that little corner hole where the kid stuff use to be).

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: iMatt SE ]

(not available in Flower Power)

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 9, 2001, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by fobside:
<STRONG>its almost kinda pointless for me to post anymore. theres no status to move up to anymore. i suppose i could become a mod or an admin...but thats not likely to happen.</STRONG>
That was your only reason? That's too bad.

To answer the question, it's 1-50 right now, unless Parallax changed it to the old ways. Since the upgrade, New members were made from 1-50.

Does anyone know if parallax changed it?

etphonehome
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 9, 2001, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by Xeo:
<STRONG>That was your only reason? That's too bad.

To answer the question, it's 1-50 right now, unless Parallax changed it to the old ways. Since the upgrade, New members were made from 1-50.

Does anyone know if parallax changed it?</STRONG>
How was it before? I thought New Members were always 1-50
<font color = blue>"Thank god for adequacy.</font> <font color = green>It gives people who </font><font color = red>suck </font><font color = green>something to strive for."</font>

[email protected]

fobside
Mac Elite
Jun 9, 2001, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by Xeo:
<STRONG>That was your only reason? That's too bad.</STRONG>
nah it wasnt my only reason to post. i like to share my tidbits of stupidity with others and real knowledge when i can...although not very often. as you can see...even tho im above 1000 posts i continue to post. macnn is the best reason not to study. or maybe studying is the best reason to go to macnn.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2001, 06:40 PM

Originally posted by chris_h:
<STRONG>

As a side note, its cool to see you're from Tyler. I go to school in Austin, but I'm back home in Tyler for the summer.
Its been so long since I've been here for any length of time, almost two years... what is there to do here? ;-)</STRONG>
Hey Chris-- Go check out Rick's on the Square in Tyler! My band used to play there, (long-@ss drive from Austin, but worth it) and the place was always swingin'. Good food and music, the best looking waitresses I've seen anywhere, and Rick is a hekuva nice guy.

Have a good summer!

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Forum Links
Forum Rules