Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mozilla 1.1b will not go past Startup Screen

Mozilla 1.1b will not go past Startup Screen
asaturno
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 23, 2002, 06:24 PM

I downloaded Mozilla 1.1b with great anticipation today but sadly, it does not work!!! It just sits at the Startup screen and does NOTHING! I deleted the Mozilla folder and downloaded again, but the same thing happened. I left it running for 15 minutes and still nothing!!

I've used .9.8 up to 1.0 and never had this problem. Looks like it's back to IE unless someone can help me out.....
-Tony

Andrew 8808
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2002, 10:08 PM

Just a question, are you using a theme other than Aqua? Few weeks ago, I switched to the theme with the new updated Aqua in 10.2, and Mozilla stopped working. Only getting to the startup screen, then not doing anything. Search with Sherlock to make sure you delete everything Mozilla related. And try switching back to Aqua if you're not. Hope this helps.

asaturno  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2002, 12:23 AM

Andrew,

I was using the Chimera theme. I deleted it and all
the mozilla files in my Library directory. It works!
Thanks! But I do miss the Chimera theme...

-Tony

Andrew 8808
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2002, 09:42 AM

No no, not a theme for Mozilla..a theme for the system. That replaces Aqua.
But I'm glad it works again, you should be able to run the Chimera theme w/ no probs.

BTW, where did you get the Chimera theme? I searched for it on google, but the site that I'm sure it's at, never loads. Always times out.

asaturno  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2002, 10:03 AM

Andrew,

I was not/am not using any other OSX theme...Aqua all the way!. I guess it was just deleting all the old Mozilla files. Thanks!

I found the Chimera theme under OSX - Software forum, Chimera Icons for Mozilla thread. Here is the website: <a href="http://140.107.24.64/mozilla/" target="_blank">http://140.107.24.64/mozilla/</a>
I couldn't get to it this morning, so I'm not sure if it is still up. If you look in the thread, it was posted by the user foamy.

I did find, and am now using the Pinstripe theme. Here is the link for that one: <a href="http://www.kmgerich.com/pinstripe/pinstripe.html" target="_blank">http://www.kmgerich.com/pinstripe/pinstripe.html</a>

-Tony

Robo-X
Forum Regular
Jul 24, 2002, 11:07 AM

Deleting the Application Registry file in the ~/Library/Mozilla folder usually fixes some startup problems.

//Rob

hyperizer
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 24, 2002, 01:19 PM

I hate to say it, but what do you expect from a beta? I never even let beta software touch my main system. Even after a final release comes out, it's usually prudent to wait a day to see if people are frantically emailing MacFixIt about an issue.

absmiths
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2002, 03:45 PM

It was probably protesting that goofy startup screen that everyone assumed was a pre-alpha placeholder and inexplicably became the final product.

Forum Links
Forum Rules