Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Where can you buy Office v.X today?

Where can you buy Office v.X today?
mgl
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2001, 01:01 PM

Nobody seems to have Office v.X in stock. 3-5 days seems to be the common refrain. Where is it available from? It supposedly shipped on Nov 18 but I can't find it.

shastaX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2001, 03:45 PM

It's readily available at CompUSA (at least the upgrade version). I think that's where many of us have gotten it if not from Apple or MS. I got mine at a CompUSA on the 19th.

<Colonel Panic>
Nov 23, 2001, 03:52 PM

not in New York....

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Nov 23, 2001, 06:55 PM

I got an upgrade CD today at the Apple retail store at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minn. They had both the upgrades and the full version in stock.

Ron Goodman
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2001, 08:44 PM

The Apple store in Albany has both.

malvolio
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2001, 11:47 AM

Ahh, ain't it sweet having an Apple store a mere hour's drive away!
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

mgl  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2001, 12:43 PM

My Apple store (Chicago) had neither the upgrade or full copy in stock. CompUSA had neither. Microcenter had neither. Circuit City (doubtful at best) wouldn't answer their phone. I ended up ordering the upgrade and the word+entourage bundle online.

It seems like the full copies are very rare. I don't think any online store has received any full copies yet. What a wacky way to release a major software package.

I'm also rather ticked at Microsoft that they won't let me upgrade from Office 2000 Pro Windows, but there's no competition now. They used to allow upgrades from WordPerfect and even MS Works in the old days.

alauzon
Forum Regular
Nov 24, 2001, 03:58 PM

I got my copy this morning at the CompUsa in Braintree,MA. They had plenty of both.....

kcmac
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2001, 09:58 PM

How much are you paying for your upgrades? Are you getting the $149 price? I am still waiting for my order on the 19th. Have no idea when it will show up.

I'mDaMac
Senior User
Nov 24, 2001, 10:57 PM

The Apple store here in San Diego had it yesterday for the opening. They had both the upgrade and full versions.
Who'sDaMac?

craigthomas
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2001, 12:19 AM

Valley Fair in San Jose had a ton of them yesterday at the opening.

The only way to get it for 149 is direct from Microsoft (Mactopia).

You must have a 2001 according to MS.
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/officex.../t_halfoff.asp

jonn804
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2001, 05:20 PM

After trying Amazon (had a ship date of the 19th) and a local Mac retailer (CapitolMac), I went to CompUSA today and got a copy of Office (the upgrade version). BEWARE - COMPUSA charges $299 for the upgrade.
-------------------
Dual G5 2.0, MBP, 23" ACD and 30" ACD, 1 TB storage, iPods

<Shiff>
Nov 25, 2001, 07:14 PM

I have a copy that I will sell for 150. I ordered the one from microsoft and they told me that it would take 8 days so that night I went to Compusa and they had one so I bought it there. Then to my suprise, Microsoft had overnighted the one that I had ordered the day before. I would be happy to sell it for the 150 and will ship it at your cost using Fedex or UPS any way you want it. The one from microsoft does not come in a box. Just a folder like thing with the cd and serial number in it.

First time posting in this forum. My email adddress is [email protected] if you are interested, if not, ebay here I come.

tdvorak
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2001, 07:59 PM

Well, there are no upgrades in San Francisco and only one full copy! I sure hope MS or Apple finally come through, as I have already placed and order with both of them. I am wondering, the people that have had the software overnighted from MS, what did it say on the status page-mine says it won't be delivered until 12-23-01.
tdvorak

2 G4 PowerBooks
1 FP iMac
1 B&W G3

shastaX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2001, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by jonn804:
<STRONG>After trying Amazon (had a ship date of the 19th) and a local Mac retailer (CapitolMac), I went to CompUSA today and got a copy of Office (the upgrade version). BEWARE - COMPUSA charges $299 for the upgrade.</STRONG>
I don't know why you say "BEWARE" considering that is the standard price for the upgrade from anyone but MS (who is only doing the $150 upgrade for a limited time). $299 is just the price you have to pay (and I paid) to have the software anytime soon.

<blah>
Nov 25, 2001, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by shastaX:
<STRONG>

I don't know why you say "BEWARE" considering that is the standard price for the upgrade from anyone but MS (who is only doing the $150 upgrade for a limited time). $299 is just the price you have to pay (and I paid) to have the software anytime soon.</STRONG>
um, not really...several places have it for less. Try looking on mysimon.com. That's where I found it on amazon for $269

Tcy125
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2001, 11:38 PM

I pre-ordered my upgrade version ($270.00) from the Apple Store in September. My order status is still "being Assembled"

tdvorak
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2001, 11:56 PM

Yea, mine was ordered 9/27 from the AppleStore online as well and like the above poster, mine still says "being assembed."
tdvorak

2 G4 PowerBooks
1 FP iMac
1 B&W G3

mgl  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 26, 2001, 04:10 PM

Got my upgrade from MacMall, as well as my Word+Entourage bundle. The instructions made it sound like you didn't have to install Word + Entourage first and could just stick in the CD to verify, but no, you have to install 2001 first to get a product ID generated.

Forum Links
Forum Rules