Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Pathetic (secret service stuff)

Pathetic (secret service stuff) (Page 2)
jholmes
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2001, 12:33 PM

Boy it's good to get away for a few weeks of holiday and find that life remains sooooo interesting.
So, Cash did they haul you down and stick you in a little room with a one way mirror and a lone electric bulb? One of the major disadvantages of free speech is that it makes us think that we can say anything we want without consequence. Promoting violent acts against anyone especially the veep is not free speech.
I'd have to bet that whoever dropped the dime on you had seen some of your more venomous rants - you know like when you pound down a dozen Linekugals and rant on here about taking an assault rifle to Altima owners and they thought you might just bust that vein in your head and do it.
`Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects.' -- Will Rogers

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 7, 2001, 01:43 PM

Cash, don't bitch, just learn a lesson from this. No matter how smart, how strong and tough, how devious you think you are, there is always someone out there that is going to kick your teeth down your throat. Why? Because they can. I think maybe what you need to do is actually see someone shot down in front of you. Maybe that would give you a new perspective for your little rants. Maybe if you had the blood and gore (no bun intended) of another human being sprayed all over your face, we would see a lot less of your 'I'm going to machine gun people' posts. If you don't want to deal with this sort of thing in the future, then you need to monitor your posts a little. If you don't want to monitor your posts, then deal with the consequences of your actions, what ever those consequences may be.... It's time to grow up dude.
Nemo me impune lacesset

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 8, 2001, 02:25 AM

Originally posted by Simon C. Leemann:
I wouldn't have tattled on Cash because I can't take him seriously on any of these immature remarks, but somehow some people in this forum are mixing up victim and perpetrator. The guy who tattled didn't offend anything; it doesn't matter if Gore was in danger or not - Cash threatend and that's a crime. No, threats are not free speach and they won't turn to free speach no matter how often people claim them to be. Maybe the tattler was a cowardly little bastard, but on the other hand, cash should have known what he was doing. You just don't play around with loaded waepons.

And as for you cashy, how old are you? 14? I don't know. But I guess you just learned that there's more to life than ranting around and trying to get attention by pissing other people off. You learned the lesson that's called "take responsibility for your acts". You are responsible for your tongue and your jaw, so don't just go blubbering around without thinking about what's leaking out of your mouth. One little question: I doubt in public you act the same way you do on this anonymous board. Am I right on this? Think about it.

On the other hand, the story is pretty cool and I can't help having to LMAO at the the SS agent, not having anything else to do than read this Mac board. And all because of some teen ranting around. Real life satire.

scl
A. I don't OWN any weapons, besides a few throwing knives, and a pellet gun

B. I did take responsibility, and I recieved no consequence. You're missing my point. I'm not mad that the SS got all pissed. I broke the law, and they have a right to do so. What pisses me off is the fact that some dickless butt curd attempted to get me arrested. It's just plain sad that some people resort to this, as obviously my 'crime' hurt nobody.

C. I'm 20

D. I basically DO act like this, which makes some people not like me at first, but most people enjoy my blunt and always honest personality.

Ca$h

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 8, 2001, 02:31 AM

Originally posted by jholmes:
Boy it's good to get away for a few weeks of holiday and find that life remains sooooo interesting.
So, Cash did they haul you down and stick you in a little room with a one way mirror and a lone electric bulb? One of the major disadvantages of free speech is that it makes us think that we can say anything we want without consequence. Promoting violent acts against anyone especially the veep is not free speech.
I'd have to bet that whoever dropped the dime on you had seen some of your more venomous rants - you know like when you pound down a dozen Linekugals and rant on here about taking an assault rifle to Altima owners and they thought you might just bust that vein in your head and do it.
Yeah actually, I was waiting for them to bust out a big folder with all my 'files' in it, and then offer to ignore all of that in exchange for finding morpheous, in which case I would have said, "Hrm, that sounds like a pretty good deal... but how about I give you the finger >sproing< and you give me my phone call"

Anyway, it was a very weird experience. Oh well.

Ca$h

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 8, 2001, 02:37 AM

The thing that irks me the most is how that got me into trouble.... I mean, I did say if someone paid me ENOUGH...

well, who's to say how much is enough? What if *SOMEONE* had said "The world is not enough" or something (hehe)??? Then what? The point is, if *SOMEONE* had gone to court over this, my lawyer friend says *SOMEONE* probably could have gotten out of it based on that variable.... I mean, ENOUGH could mean "in order to save the world" and who wouldnt kill somebody to save the world? *SOMEONE*'d probably hari kari myself ot save the world, ya know? Anyway, this story is cool to tell chicks, so it backfired on the dickless wonder who did report me.

Ca$h

[This message has been edited by gorefan68 (edited 01-08-2001).]

EqualTime
Jan 8, 2001, 12:53 PM

Finding the person who 'squealed on you' would be pretty easy. The basic details of these types of investigations are a matter of public record - by virtue of the fact that a government conspiracy to 'hide' facts related to threats against the government would be made more difficult if pertinent names and events were publicly avaialble. So, in lieu of the fact that the investigation turned up no reason to withhold the informant/defendant's name - all you have to do is search and ye shall find.

This will get interesting very shortly.
"Anyway.... I don't think that would ever happen, as if we bred out the stupids, we'd have no democrats left."

- Ca$h

eep!
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2001, 09:00 PM

Uh, yeah, Cipher. Except the US Government is the reason we aren't all COMMUNISTS right now. . .
i hope by "we aren't all COMMUNISTS right now" you mean americans...
i have to admit that getting my door kicked in by the us secret service would make a pretty good story to tell my kids (and yeah, to pick up girls... so i can HAVE kids...) so...

I'M GOING TO KILL THE PR... <chicken> nah, i might get into trouble...</chicken>

just for the record, i may at times feel like causing someone harm, but i don't and never will intend to cause harm.

Cipher13
Jan 8, 2001, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by someone who I can't remember who it was:
Uh, yeah, Cipher. Except the US Government is the reason we aren't all COMMUNISTS right now. . .
Yeah. I'm so sorry. I mean the US Government is just so corrupt it won't even TRY the perfect system.
People wouldn't stand for equality.
I know the human race is too corrupt for communism - but at least they tried. More than I can say for the good 'ol US of A.

Cipher13

[This message has been edited by Cipher13 (edited 01-08-2001).]

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 9, 2001, 02:56 AM

Cipher, you're being stupid. Communism is a DUMB idea, and it hinders the advancement of the human race. Think about it. Lets say I work my ASS off, get all A+s in college (ha), then land a big job at Apple. Then lets say not only do I get paid just as much as a professional burger flipper, but I can't say "Dammit, we need faster processors" because then others will respond how it isn't fair to not give motorola a fair chance, and instead of just switching to someone who comes through on things, we'll dump money and faith into a smaller crappier company because it benefits the economy (or so we think)

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent. The point IS:

YOU NEED TO READ 'ATLAS SHRUGGED'

That one book will teach you more about economics than you'll ever want to know, plus its a good read. I think that EVERYONE should read this book, it'd make the world a hell of a lot smarter.

Ca$h

Cipher13
Jan 9, 2001, 06:26 AM

Nothing except mass suicide can make the world a hell of a lot smarter

Cipher13

Cipher13
Jan 9, 2001, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by gorefan68:
Cipher, you're being stupid. Communism is a DUMB idea, and it hinders the advancement of the human race. Think about it. Lets say I work my ASS off, get all A+s in college (ha), then land a big job at Apple. Then lets say not only do I get paid just as much as a professional burger flipper, but I can't say "Dammit, we need faster processors" because then others will respond how it isn't fair to not give motorola a fair chance, and instead of just switching to someone who comes through on things, we'll dump money and faith into a smaller crappier company because it benefits the economy (or so we think)
No, YOU are wrong.
The examples of communism that haven't worked are the only ones that are well known. Russia, East Germany, etc...
Now communism is the perfect way to run society.
There is always someone to do whatever needs to be done. People are equal.
EVERYTHING gets done MUCH more EFFICIENTLY.
Problem is it will never with WITH HUMANS. We are too corrupt, and differ too much from person to person.
I am speaking theoretically. Communism is the best there is.

Cipher13

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2001, 06:37 AM

Human Nature prevents communism from succeeding.

Most of us don't think for 'the benefit of humanity.' We think for ourselves.
"How I can save money, how I can slack off and not get caught, and how I can shake the vending machine to get that candybar that is JUST THAT CLOSE to falling. It's all about me."
Anyway, there is no way communism can work in this world of ours. We have to make do with capitalism for now.

Until then, ciao! I'm off to get a candy bar.

------------------
Albert Wu <- No life.
http://web.harker.org/

24/7 Cell phone use can not kill you. I am half-consious proof. (It's not because of the cell phone.)

Caffine is not a mind-altering drug.
It is a life-altering drug!

[This message has been edited by AlbertWu (edited 01-09-2001).]
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

Cipher13
Jan 9, 2001, 06:41 AM

Exactly... but nonetheless it is the better system.

Cipher13

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 9, 2001, 09:15 PM

No, YOU are wrong.
The examples of communism that haven't worked are the only ones that are well known. Russia, East Germany, etc...

Uh.... Ok. Flapping your arms when jumping off a cliff really DOES allow you to fly. The examples of flapping arms while cliff jumping are only the ones that are well known. I swear.

Now communism is the perfect way to run society.
There is always someone to do whatever needs to be done. People are equal.

So someone who works really hard and strives to get ahead gets the same payment as a gas station attendant, and someone who busts their balls in school to get a high GPA (in order to be accepted into a GOOD college) has the same likelyhood of getting in as a high school drop out. After all, everyone should be treated equally, it isn't fair otherwise.

EVERYTHING gets done MUCH more EFFICIENTLY.

For an example of communist efficiency, look at the quality of the MIR space station! Man! What an achievement! Or how about the standard of living in Russia? Theres another 'efficient' lifestyle: No food, no clothes, no housing, basically not much of anything. But hey, not much of anythign = less waste, which means it's more efficient, and therefore better!

Problem is it will never with WITH HUMANS. We are too corrupt, and differ too much from person to person.
I am speaking theoretically. Communism is the best there is.

And I'm speaking realistically:

Communism is a piece of **** idea that would never work, EVER. The reason it won't work isnt because humans are a horrible species, it's a STUPID idea, and it KILLS advancement in mankind...

READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!!

Trust me! It has perfect examples of why democratic 'communist' ideas just generally don't work. Trust me Cipher. This book is about 1000 pages, and you're intelligent enough for it. I guarantee you'll think differently after reading it. It was one of the most important books I've ever read in my entire life.

Ca$h

[This message has been edited by gorefan68 (edited 01-09-2001).]

Cipher13
Jan 9, 2001, 09:51 PM

Ok, I'll read that. You read the communist manifesto. Tell me what you think of that.

Uh.... Ok. Flapping your arms when jumping off a cliff really DOES allow you to fly. The examples of flapping arms while cliff jumping are only the ones that are well known. I swear.

Give me an example of a situation where someone jumped off a cliff and successfully flew while only flapping your arms. I'll give you several examples of perfect communist societies.

So someone who works really hard and strives to get ahead gets the same payment as a gas station attendant, and someone who busts their balls in school to get a high GPA (in order to be accepted into a GOOD college) has the same likelyhood of getting in as a high school drop out. After all, everyone should be treated equally, it isn't fair otherwise.

You get out of it what you put into it is how it works. If someone is only capable of physical duties, such as... lifting heavy stuff, and they put all their effort into it, they will reap the same benefits as someone who cures cancer with all their effort.
Equal quality of life... living conditions... etc.

For an example of communist efficiency, look at the quality of the MIR space station! Man! What an achievement! Or how about the standard of living in Russia? Theres another 'efficient' lifestyle: No food, no clothes, no housing, basically not much of anything. But hey, not much of anythign = less waste, which means it's more efficient, and therefore better!

MIR has been up longer than any other space station. 'nuff said.
And as I said, you cannot use human examples as communism won't work with such a corrupt and screwed up species.

Communism is a piece of **** idea that would never work, EVER. The reason it won't work isnt because humans are a horrible species, it's a STUPID idea, and it KILLS advancement in mankind...

Stupid cause you say so?
I think not.
Kills advancement?
How so? Efficiency is a key to advancement - and that is not present in capitalism. All the other required keys I can think of are present in both. Except for one

READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!! READ ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND!!!

Whassit called again?

Trust me! It has perfect examples of why democratic 'communist' ideas just generally don't work. Trust me Cipher. This book is about 1000 pages, and you're intelligent enough for it. I guarantee you'll think differently after reading it. It was one of the most important books I've ever read in my entire life.

Ok. You read the communist manifesto.

Ca$h

Cipher13

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 10, 2001, 03:19 AM

Walk the walk dude... where are some 'good' examples of communism? This will be interesting considering just a few sentances later you say that it won't work because of the horrible people we all are.

And what is so WRONG with working for one's own desires? Why does gaining something yourself for working hard a bad idea? Why would it be EVIL of me to work really hard to get a new BMW M3? Whats so wrong?

You might think that is an immoral purpose, but guess what? its not your problem. I still get my work done, and I'm happy.

Communism is STUPID.

Ca$h

PS: Can I just RENT this book somewhere? Can you get it at the library? I'd read it.

PPS: Read "Atlas Shrugged". Until you read it, your opinion is uneducated and stupid, and I'm not bothering commenting on how dumb you're making yourself look (and you aren't dumb, but Cipher, Communism will never ever EVER work, because its a STUPID idea... disagree? If its such an awesome idea, you figure out a way to make it work. Oh? It won't work? Than it's a stupid idea.....

Cipher13
Jan 10, 2001, 04:17 AM

You're making assumptions.
Communism has never worked for the human race and never will.
Look at ants... at bees... look at their societies. Their social structures.
No?
Stop laughing and think about it.

Oh theres nothing wrong with it FOR YOU. For others who are poor, can't get a break (wait, I can see the sympathy just waiting to come from you on this one...), and its for the better of the society.

You talking about the commie manifesto? Yeah you can get it anywhere.

I will read that Atlas crap, but it won't change my views. The statement that my opinion is uneducated and stupid simply because I have not read that book merely shows who really is the uneducated and stupid one on this matter.
It is obvious from that that everything you are saying here is based on that book. The thoughts are not your own - you read, and you liked.

Oh I could make it work. With select people. As I said - the human race isn't perfect, therefore the perfect system, is incompatible with the human race.

Cipher13

[This message has been edited by Cipher13 (edited 01-10-2001).]

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 10, 2001, 01:42 PM

So you're saying we should all live like bugs?

HEY CIPHER! Bugs have no emotions, no passion, no personal belongings, and they don't accomplish DICK, other than making honey and reproducing. How have bugs advanced their 'communist society' other than making more honey and more bees? They havent! Sure, they've evolved a bit, but so have we.

Can someone tag team me here? This whole 'bug' argument is one of the dumbest things I've heard in my entire life....

Ca$h

HeatMiser
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2001, 02:05 PM

D. I basically DO act like this, which makes some people not like me at first, but most people enjoy my blunt and always honest personality.
This reminds me of a Bill Cosby joke...I think it was Bill Cosby (back when he was funny). As I recall it, he was talking to someone about what taking drugs does for a person, to which the respondent said, "it itensifies your personality."

And Cosby asked, "but what if you're an asshole?"

I am the harsh nemesis of all that is unclean!

DBursey
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2001, 02:05 PM

Cipher was using a bee colony as an analogy. You knew that. You're not trying to understand what he's saying; you're bent on beating him in an argument. For you, this is a competition, not a debate of ideas.

My opinion of course; nothing else. In any case, to better understand the political and social theories behind communism and marxism, you should read Karl Marx and Frederick Engel's Communist Party Manifesto. Written in 1848, the material comes across as dated; nontheless it is what much of 'modern' communism was based on, at least in the beginning. Then came Joe Stalin ...

jaguarandi
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2001, 03:41 PM

You can never beat Ca$h in an argument. When you've used logic to slap him down, he pulls BS and hyperbole out of his a$$ and just keeps on going. I have learned this the hard way, and there's no use anyone getting upset about it.

Someone besides Ca$h disagree with me. Don't all jump up and down at once now.

//e

Cipher13
Jan 10, 2001, 08:00 PM

So you're saying we should all live like bugs?

Define "live like bugs". How do bugs live?
Also please define, ahem, "bugs".
You're use of the word 'bugs' in conjunction with such a blanket statement as 'live like bugs' shows you understand nothing about that subject and so cannot, with any validity, argue about how "bugs" live, and whether their societies are infact communist, and also whether they are successful or not.
Firstly bugs majorly differ from one to the other.
To narrow it down I am speaking specifically of ants and bees at the moment, both insects.
If you were to think of another type of bug, such as a caterpillar, you can see not all bugs live the same way.
On another note of all the 'bugs', ants and bees are among the most sucessful, if not THE most successful of all.
Of course including the other members of their families such as wasps and whatnot.
So whaddya know, of all 'bugs', the most prosperous live in a communist society... strange, no?
That mere bugs, supposedly inferior to us, can co operate with each other to such an extent, even us humans can't.

HEY CIPHER! Bugs have no emotions, no passion, no personal belongings, and they don't accomplish DICK, other than making honey and reproducing. How have bugs advanced their 'communist society' other than making more honey and more bees? They havent! Sure, they've evolved a bit, but so have we.

Don't accomplish dick? Compared to what? They outnumber us billions to one.
Their advancement and evolution does not directly correlate with their society - that is simply them.
We haven't evolved much either lately, but still advance because we have a far superior big grey blob in our heads.
Think about what you said... no emotions, no personal belongings, no passion... again, limited only by their brains.
But... look at the other side of it. In a society of bees or ants there are rarely bikckerings between individuals, there is an established social structure which is never wavered from, and if something needs to be done?
It gets done.
Deadly efficient.
Of course having no emotion, passion, etc helps them work that way in their society - but of course, having those and using them the right way could pose an even greater advantage.
If humans weren't so corrupted, we could do this, while still keeping emotion and passion (often the source of our corruption in some ways, but not the ways that really make communism impossible).

Can someone tag team me here? This whole 'bug' argument is one of the dumbest things I've heard in my entire life....

Not till you've responded to this post dude...
But I do understand if you cannot keep up with the argument

Ca$h

Cipher13

[This message has been edited by Cipher13 (edited 01-10-2001).]

Cipher13
Jan 10, 2001, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by jaguarandi:
You can never beat Ca$h in an argument. When you've used logic to slap him down, he pulls BS and hyperbole out of his a$$ and just keeps on going. I have learned this the hard way, and there's no use anyone getting upset about it.

Someone besides Ca$h disagree with me. Don't all jump up and down at once now.

//e
Sorry, but I beg to differ
You're right, except about one thing...
"You can never beat Ca$h in an argument."
Hehehe...

Cipher13

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 10, 2001, 09:09 PM

Define "live like bugs". How do bugs live?
Also please define, ahem, "bugs".
You're use of the word 'bugs' in conjunction with such a blanket statement as 'live like bugs' shows you understand nothing about that subject and so cannot, with any validity, argue about how "bugs" live, and whether their societies are infact communist, and also whether they are successful or not.
Firstly bugs majorly differ from one to the other.
To narrow it down I am speaking specifically of ants and bees at the moment, both insects.
If you were to think of another type of bug, such as a caterpillar, you can see not all bugs live the same way.
On another note of all the 'bugs', ants and bees are among the most sucessful, if not THE most successful of all.

That is an opinion. So you're saying that the determing factor in YOUR view of success is mere population? Thats seems pretty simple. Get me Britney Spears and I'll make the human race way more successful than any bug. >

Of course including the other members of their families such as wasps and whatnot.
So whaddya know, of all 'bugs', the most prosperous live in a communist society... strange, no?
That mere bugs, supposedly inferior to us, can co operate with each other to such an extent, even us humans can't.

What do you mean cooperate? Yeah. True. They don't fight. You know what? They also have brains the size of..... less than the size of a pixel I'd suppose. 'Communism' is the ultimate big brother, the ultimate 'system', and isn't it more intelligent to QUESTION the system, fight it, be individual, not become another pawn in the system? Thats what bugs do. OBEY. DO NOT QUESTION! OBEY!

Don't accomplish dick? Compared to what? They outnumber us billions to one.

There you go with the prime accomplishment merely on numbers... by that rational, gee, germs and viruses sure are successful. We should definately emulate them, and we do according to Agent Smith in the Matrix.

Their advancement and evolution does not directly correlate with their society - that is simply them.
We haven't evolved much either lately, but still advance because we have a far superior big grey blob in our heads.
Think about what you said... no emotions, no personal belongings, no passion... again, limited only by their brains.
But... look at the other side of it. In a society of bees or ants there are rarely bikckerings between individuals, there is an established social structure which is never wavered from, and if something needs to be done?

See, the social structure you just talk about completely sucks. You have the laborers doing all the hard work, and then the queen who just gets ****ed all day and lays eggs. Thats not exactly fair, and it's definitly a far cry from the 'everyone is equal' motto of communism.... it's actually much more like a dictatorship, with a few powerful members up top, and laborers underneath it. We humans tried that once... remember castles and peasants and such? Boy. That was awesome. Sure wish I could be a field worker givin' props to the cops for stealin my crops. (heh). The point is, the whole 'bug's life' way of living sucks ass. I'm sure NOBODY here would want to live like that.

It gets done.
Deadly efficient.

OBEY! Be a conformist! Identical haircuts. Hey Cipher, worst of all, you'd be using a PC, not a mac.

Of course having no emotion, passion, etc helps them work that way in their society - but of course, having those and using them the right way could pose an even greater advantage.

WTF?! You want us to behave like robots, and have no feelings whatsoever? You austrailians are ****ED up.

If humans weren't so corrupted, we could do this, while still keeping emotion and passion (often the source of our corruption in some ways, but not the ways that really make communism impossible).

Your opinion on what corruption is is just that: an opinion. The simple fact is communism will NEVER work. Ever.

Not till you've responded to this post dude...
But I do understand if you cannot keep up with the argument

>boosh!<

Ca$h

Cipher13
Jan 10, 2001, 11:08 PM

That is an opinion. So you're saying that the determing factor in YOUR view of success is mere population? Thats seems pretty simple. Get me Britney Spears and I'll make the human race way more successful than any bug. >

Its not an opinion
And you didn't even counter it.
Population has nothing to do with it - but a large population, working together flawlessly, gets a lot more done than a smaller population constantly bickering, or even working together flawlessly.

What do you mean cooperate? Yeah. True. They don't fight. You know what? They also have brains the size of..... less than the size of a pixel I'd suppose. 'Communism' is the ultimate big brother, the ultimate 'system', and isn't it more intelligent to QUESTION the system, fight it, be individual, not become another pawn in the system? Thats what bugs do. OBEY. DO NOT QUESTION! OBEY!

Whats brain size got to do with it? They manage to cooperate perfectly with each other. It is because of humans "intelligence" that we can't.
Only looked at as big brother in such a corrupt environment as a human one!
In a perfect society, there is no need to question. We will never be able to establish anything like that.

There you go with the prime accomplishment merely on numbers... by that rational, gee, germs and viruses sure are successful. We should definately emulate them, and we do according to Agent Smith in the Matrix.

Merely on numbers? Numbers is simply ANOTHER area in which they exceed us. Read what I said above. Read it? Then read it again.

See, the social structure you just talk about completely sucks. You have the laborers doing all the hard work, and then the queen who just gets ****ed all day and lays eggs. Thats not exactly fair, and it's definitly a far cry from the 'everyone is equal' motto of communism.... it's actually much more like a dictatorship, with a few powerful members up top, and laborers underneath it. We humans tried that once... remember castles and peasants and such? Boy. That was awesome. Sure wish I could be a field worker givin' props to the cops for stealin my crops. (heh). The point is, the whole 'bug's life' way of living sucks ass. I'm sure NOBODY here would want to live like that.

Everyone does what they have to do. The queen maintains order - and gets ****** all day. For the good of the colony.
Everyone does what they CAN do, and in return everyone eats what they want, everyone has a place to stay, and so on.
READ THE DAMN MANIFESTO BEFORE YOU MAKE STATEMENTS LIKE THAT.
You barely seem to know how communism works...
You just don't get it. Again you return to a human example which I have already said won't work.
And by the way that was NOT communism.

OBEY! Be a conformist! Identical haircuts. Hey Cipher, worst of all, you'd be using a PC, not a mac.

It has nothing to do with conformism!
There you go pulling stuff out your ass to try and argue with

WTF?! You want us to behave like robots, and have no feelings whatsoever? You austrailians are ****ED up.

Thats not what I said. Either you twisted my words beyong recognition or misinterpreted them accidentally.
Either way you're wrong.
I am speaking in that the example (ants/bees) don't have emotions, etc, AS YOU STATED. And that does help them, does it not?
But WITH those things, it could be even BETTER for them!
For humans, its not. Those things can be the cause of the corruption, if oyu know that I mean.
But if someone is passionate about making their communist society work, they will try to the best of their ability.
And if everyone is??
All the better.

Your opinion on what corruption is is just that: an opinion. The simple fact is communism will NEVER work. Ever.

It does work. Just not with us.
Goes to show how much of what I said sank into you...
And its not an opinion if I prove you wrong at every turn - chances are its right. Either that or you're not capable of argueing against it well enough.

Ca$h

Cipher13

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2001, 11:16 PM

[B]WTF?! You want us to behave like robots, and have no feelings whatsoever?[/B}

Ca$h
hey, don't be knocking robots now. a robot saved my life once.

-r.

Cipher13
Jan 11, 2001, 08:04 AM

I can't tell if you're joking or serious
If serious... do tell!
(if you don't mind)

Cipher13

Misha
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2001, 11:59 AM

Seeing as robotos perform a number of tasks in the field of surgery, it's not uncommon to be "saved by a robot" these days. Now if you're talking an R2D2-style robot, or Johnny Five from Batteries Not Included...

[This message has been edited by Misha (edited 01-11-2001).]

andi*pandi
Jan 11, 2001, 02:55 PM

The queen maintains order - and gets ****** all day. For the good of the colony.

It's good to be da queen.

fyi, I have read the manifesto, I took polysci in college--an education. Cash, if you think Ayn Rand is the end-all-be-all, take polysci. It'll blow your brain. The manifesto is not the stalin-russia thing that we imagine--it's more utopian than that. Plus, in polysci, we read freud and such, to learn about human nature--more things that blew my mind. Gov't and human nature are entwined. Course, it was hard, so I quickly returned to the soft and pleasant world of comm/design. (irony intended!)

I started Atlas Shrugged. Got bored.

------------------

Yadda Yadda Yadda...

Once upon a time, there were three little girls who went to the police academy...

Complete and utter nonsense.

Is it overkill yet? <blam>

-yawn-

jaguarandi
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2001, 03:06 PM

Misha:

Johnny Five was from Short Circuit.

//e

eep!
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2001, 07:10 PM

1. all 'theories' are perfect, until they're proved to be ******** , communism has been proved so.
2. "Communism is the perfect way to run society" - why? we'd all just slack off.
3.If you get the same rewards flipping burgers as for curing cancer why cure cancer? and don't say "because with enough effort we COULD cure cancer" because with enough effort i could probably lick my balls but why should i, when someone else could do it for me.
hey, i think i've discovered something! communism will never work because nobody wants to lick they're own balls!

Cipher13
Jan 11, 2001, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by Misha:
Seeing as robotos perform a number of tasks in the field of surgery, it's not uncommon to be "saved by a robot" these days. Now if you're talking an R2D2-style robot, or Johnny Five from Batteries Not Included...

[This message has been edited by Misha (edited 01-11-2001).]
Yeah, jaguarandi is correct - remember Batteries Not Included were those cute little flying saucers?

Cipher13

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 12, 2001, 02:08 AM

Hrm. I have no energy to respond, but I think its weird you got bored in that book....by page 300 you wanna know wtf is going on....

Anyway, I started the commie manifesto, but it was using all these words that didnt make any freaking sense, so I gave up...

I'm going to bed now. Mmm Britney vulva nectar.....

Ca$h

Cipher13
Jan 12, 2001, 02:13 AM

I see.....

Cipher13

[This message has been edited by Cipher13 (edited 01-12-2001).]

The Dude
Banned
Jan 12, 2001, 03:09 AM

I'm going to bed now. Mmm Britney vulva nectar.....

Ca$h
Good lord...

georgius
Jan 12, 2001, 09:19 AM

Is this forum just a personal arguing arena for Cipher and gore....?

DBursey
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2001, 10:31 AM

No, this is the forum of funny walks. You want the forum next door for arguements. Next!

elzinat
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2001, 05:05 PM

now THIS is what I call degeneration

------------------
be happy!
-mac freak

thirtyfootsmurf
Jan 13, 2001, 07:46 PM

Is this the right room for an argument?

------------------
" I couldn't tell if the streaker was a man or a woman because it had a bag on it's head." -- Yogi Berra

tioga
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 14, 2001, 06:20 PM

t...t...talking 'bout my degeneration!

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2001, 12:44 AM

Add this to your list of things that get the Secret Service's attention: writing an editorial in a student newspaper asking Jesus to "smite" George W. Bush.
http://www.rcfp.org/news/documents/ssprotest.html

Fred CHOTTIN
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 16, 2001, 09:53 AM

For Cipher 13 and Gorefan,
i suggest a very interesting French novel By Bernard Werber called 'The Ants'. Even if it is a fiction, all informations on ants life are scientifically true, even some weird ones like use of agriculture methods for cultivating mushrooms, breeding, distillating alcohol, air warfare, chemical warfare. The book is highly recommended in natural sciences universities and schools.
It shows that a cooperative system is much more efficient on a long term than a competitive one, even if the latter has its successes in the early stages. Ants are much more numerous than humans and live on earth since a lot more years than us human.
Are we sure that humans will still exist, say in 100 millions years from now?
The Roman Empire lasted only a few centuries and it was the strongest in its time, the Egyptian lasted more but it collapsed as well and so will the capitalist or whatever you call it.
I am not a communist at all but i must admit that the situation in Russia and Eastern European countries is far worse now than 10 years ago. This is one of the reasons why in countries like Romania, Poland and Hungary, neo-communist parties are ruling again after democratic votes.
The problem with human species is that a truly cooperative system cannot work if 5% of people are not as they will try to take power and wealth for themselves.Perhaps it will be possible in a couple of centuries (i am afraid to be optimistic on this point).
It is sad to see that in the new millenium, there are very few utopists or thinkers about new forms of governments or human relations.Political visionaries are dead for now.
For your information, Bernard Werber wrote 2 other books about ants, but i am not sure if they were translated into English: 'Le jour des fourmis' (Day of the ants) and 'La r�volution des fourmis' (the ants'revolution).
I stand by Bernard Werber's motto: 1 + 1 = 3 (there is nothing sexual into it)

------------------
Fight against the Dark Force (Microsoft)

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2001, 03:32 PM

I taught once at a school where this kid called the white house and threatened to do malice with... a can of sprite. No Joke. These guys showed up at the school within two hours.Had the kid in an interview 5 minutes after that. It was an eye opener.
Now, I know I'm coming in on this a bit late, but there's this interesting thought to add in here. The SS told this kid that there would be nothing on his criminal record. However, there would be a permenant record- a file detailing the kid's life from that point on- every job, every bit of credit info, "unsavory" affiliations, finacial data, political affiliations, movements in and out of the country- kept on file with the Secret Service, as a matter of SOP.
That must really burn you Ca$h- knowing that a federal agency will be poking around your life until you are long gone from this world.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Feb 16, 2001, 03:43 PM

Not really true.... see, what they do, is you get 'flagged' sorta. So, lets say someone kills the president with a can of sprite. Your friends name would come up. Or lets say the president gets 'killed'. If your friend lived near him, he'd be investigated. It's not that big a deal really, although I find it pathetic that some douschebag would try to ruin my life like this. Talk about having no dick whatsoever.

- Ca$h

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2001, 04:09 PM

Ahh, blow it off. You know they (the Secret Service) are just doing their jobs. You know that those guys were traveling down from Boston saying to themselves "I cannot believe I am blowing off my luch date for a can of frigging sprite".
C'mon. Seriously. Wouldn't you think this was funny? If it happened to someone else? Actually, won't you think it's funny when you look back on it in 10 years?
One thing you definitely have is a sense of humor, right?

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Feb 16, 2001, 06:21 PM

Actually I think its kinda cool I got to talk to the SS. It was neat. What I don't like is someone on these forums reported me with full intention of getting me into a world of **** . Thats what pisses me off....

- Ca$h

NewsHound
Forum Regular
Feb 16, 2001, 06:33 PM

Ca$h, I'm gonna defend you on this one. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about the level of "threat" your post posed, but, after reading the letter at the recently posted link to the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, I'm convinced your comment, while in bad taste, is 100 percent First Amendment protected. The letter cites a U.S. Supreme Court case where a 1960s-era protester of the U.S. draft said he'd take out LBJ if the government ever gave him a rifle -- the Court said that was protected as political satire and hyperbole. I believe your comment was, too.

Given that, I agree that whoever reported you did so out of spite. Your threat was tasteless and crass -- like many of your posts -- but you were well within your rights to say what you said.

-NewsHound

------------------
Exit, pursued by a bear.
--'The Winter's Tale,' Shakespeare
Exit, pursued by a bear.
--'The Winter's Tale,' Shakespeare

Demonhood
Administrator
Feb 16, 2001, 07:21 PM

I'm sure no one that frequents this forum believed that Ca$h would actually harm anyone if given the chance. Whoever reported him probably wanted to inconvenience Ca$h for a short period. A bit of a misuse of the Secret Service. If you want someone to harass the most notorious poster on the forum, hire a moderator to egg his house or something.

Cipher13
Feb 16, 2001, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by Fred CHOTTIN:
For Cipher 13 and Gorefan,
i suggest a very interesting French novel By Bernard Werber called 'The Ants'. Even if it is a fiction, all informations on ants life are scientifically true, even some weird ones like use of agriculture methods for cultivating mushrooms, breeding, distillating alcohol, air warfare, chemical warfare. The book is highly recommended in natural sciences universities and schools.
It shows that a cooperative system is much more efficient on a long term than a competitive one, even if the latter has its successes in the early stages. Ants are much more numerous than humans and live on earth since a lot more years than us human.
Are we sure that humans will still exist, say in 100 millions years from now?
The Roman Empire lasted only a few centuries and it was the strongest in its time, the Egyptian lasted more but it collapsed as well and so will the capitalist or whatever you call it.
I am not a communist at all but i must admit that the situation in Russia and Eastern European countries is far worse now than 10 years ago. This is one of the reasons why in countries like Romania, Poland and Hungary, neo-communist parties are ruling again after democratic votes.
The problem with human species is that a truly cooperative system cannot work if 5% of people are not as they will try to take power and wealth for themselves.Perhaps it will be possible in a couple of centuries (i am afraid to be optimistic on this point).
It is sad to see that in the new millenium, there are very few utopists or thinkers about new forms of governments or human relations.Political visionaries are dead for now.
For your information, Bernard Werber wrote 2 other books about ants, but i am not sure if they were translated into English: 'Le jour des fourmis' (Day of the ants) and 'La r�volution des fourmis' (the ants'revolution).
I stand by Bernard Werber's motto: 1 + 1 = 3 (there is nothing sexual into it)
Thanks for that, I'll check it out ASAP
Just to clear a couple of things up, when I say its the perfect society, it is only for the society itself - not the individual.
I wouldn't want to live in a communist society. But, the fact remains, it is better on the whole for the prosperity of the species.
And ants are the perfect example of a species that communism is perfect for - they are not corrupt, like us. They can use that sort of a government with no problem.
But anyway...

Cipher13

Fred CHOTTIN
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 16, 2001, 08:35 PM

For Cipher 13, here is a link to Bernard Werber's personal site in English :
(http://www.werber.imaginet.fr/sommaire/index-english.htm)

Forum Links
Forum Rules