Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Punk Rock

Punk Rock
Phanguye
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 04:40 AM

i heard some punk rock the other nite and i have to admit that is sweet... the problem is i dont know what good puck rock bands i should listen to (besides the more main stream ones like Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, Misfits, The Ramones)

I know i shouldnt listen to what other people tell me but do any suggestions about where to start would be good

Thanks Phang

Cipher13
Apr 28, 2002, 05:18 AM

Punk Rock - A Loud, Hard, Fast, Deliberately Offensive Style Of Rock Music.

...or something similar (Punkers will know what I'm talking about).

Thats old school punk dude. The Clash, The Ramones, etc... I can't stand The Ramones. That accent gets me.

Are you after new punk, or old school punk?

Old school Blink can be semi-decent; before they turned to pop crap.

But, hell, personally, I always thought they sucked.

Hmm. I can help you if you wanna get into real punk

A band some people think sound like old school punk would be Grinspoon - they just rock. They're awesome. Aussie band.

As for modern punk... there are so many varieties...

Fenix Tx, Bodyjar, Pennywise, MxPx, Rufio, Jimmy Eat World (nu-emo), Less Than Jake (punk/ska), Reel Big Fish (ska), Save Ferris (formerly known as Letters To Cleo - punk/ska), Unwritten Law, Anti Flag, Big In Japan, 28 Days, One Dollar Short, Second Best, Strung Out (punk core), Goldfinger (ska), Green Day, All (formerly known as The Descendents), NoFX...

And so on. There are so many.

For modern, but old-school bands, also try NoFX and All (The Descendents) - but just personally, I think they both largely suck.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 05:27 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
<STRONG>A band some people think sound like old school punk would be Grinspoon - they just rock. They're awesome. Aussie band.</STRONG>
Roll up! Roll up! Get yer Grinspoon CD's before the lead singer OD's.

Phranken9
Apr 28, 2002, 06:07 AM

It's Really up to you. As Cipher said, "punk" rock has spawned into so many different styles. Personally, i like hardcore (Sick of it All, 59 times the pain, Straight Faced). A lot of the bands you can hear on the radio would be considered pop-punk or emo. What i consider to be straight punk would be bands like Pennywise, Anti-Flag, 98 Mute. A lot of those bands that you named are older- Fear and Minor Threat might fall into those categories.

... i dunno-if you can tell me what made you decide to start listening to punk (hard vocals, lyrics, or whatnot, i might be able to help you there

havent heard of Grinspoon before, im in San Diego California

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 08:24 AM

Black Flag - Damaged

come back once youve thoroughly digested this album.

omac
Banned
Apr 28, 2002, 08:57 AM

bananarama - greatest hits.

***** punks..

Cipher13
Apr 28, 2002, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by omac:
<STRONG>bananarama - greatest hits.

***** punks..</STRONG>
LMAO! Dude, that's the best post you've made yet...

Phranken9 - get some Grinspoon man... it'll change your life!

Freezer, Ready 1, Boundary, Secrets, Repeat, etc... get on MacNN IRC one day and I'll hook you up.

omac
Banned
Apr 28, 2002, 09:27 AM

it wasn't meant as a joke.. di�kwad.

bananarama do kick ***

well they did..

& the wombles..

nahh , that could NEVER happen in real life..

macaddled
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2002, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by scaught:
<STRONG>Black Flag - Damaged

come back once youve thoroughly digested this album.</STRONG>
ah, the memories. I recently picked this up in a used record store and god, i love this album.

even though it goes against the whole punk thing, this is an album in serious need of remastering. kids used to the punch of today's recordings will wonder what it was all about.

back then, son, it was about rising above.

edit: oh yeah, the Clash, the Buzzcocks, the Germs, X (especially Wild Gift and Los Angeles) and gotta shout out the Austin bands the Big Boys, the Offenders, and the best of all time Scratch Acid.

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: macaddled ]

Justin W. Williams
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 10:26 AM

MxPx is good. Their 2nd CD Teenage Politics rocks, as does their Let It Happen CD.

Some of it is that Jesus Freak Punk though, but if that doesn't bother you, I'd recommend a download or two.
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

theUpsetter
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2002, 11:49 AM

<STRONG>Less Than Jake (punk/ska), Reel Big Fish (ska), Save Ferris (formerly known as Letters To Cleo - punk/ska)... Goldfinger (ska)</STRONG>
None of those bands are ska, Ska is Jamaican music from the 60's that acted as the predecessor to reggae, all the above bands hijacked Ska and are hated by real fans of the genre, including me.

As for punk, Rancid, the Ducky Boys, the Swinging Utters, and the L.E.S Stitches are modern bands that play REAL punk rock.

-Brandon
the Kingston Beat-real Jamaican Music-real Rudeboy style

Phanguye  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 12:27 PM

thanks everyone

phang

RedStar
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2002, 12:47 PM

I agree with cipher...all of those bands are great. If you want to hear some cheesy punk covers there are two great cd's; before you were punk vol. 1 and 2.

Phanguye  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 01:13 PM

ha ha no i am good... i dont really like this "cheesey" thing and i am more into the old school punk i think

phang

fobside
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 01:18 PM

<STRONG>Are you after new punk, or old school punk?

Old school Blink can be semi-decent; before they turned to pop crap.
</STRONG>
actually, all of blink is considered pop punk i believe. theyre the second wave of punk. basically anything with a melody isnt old school punk. theres a whole documentary on the punk culture. its called "SLC punk" its a good film. i personally enjoy the old school punk and the pop punk. some of the bands that i listen to:

ataris
slick shoes
mxpx
descendants
pennywise
bad religion
new found glory
blink 182
lagwagon
good charlotte
finch
sex pistols
greenday

theres lots more. most of these are considered pop punk though, including slick shoes which is definitely a lot harder than mxpx.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 02:29 PM

descendants are really good. anyone into that blink 182 pop punk thing should learn where they all learned that style from.

SLC punk was hardly a documentary and hardly a "documentary of punk culture". it was kind of amusing for sure, and i guess it was about "punk", but i have a hard time swallowing a feature film from some big studio about something i hold dear.

dgs212
Senior User
Apr 28, 2002, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by fobside:
<STRONG>

actually, all of blink is considered pop punk i believe. theyre the second wave of punk. basically anything with a melody isnt old school punk. theres a whole documentary on the punk culture. its called "SLC punk" its a good film. i personally enjoy the old school punk and the pop punk. some of the bands that i listen to:
</STRONG>

First of all, not to nitpick, but SLC Punk is not a documentary. It's a fictional film about some punks who live in Salt Lake City. It is, however, pretty funny. Matthew Lillard does a great job being exactly like a guy I know from back home.

Anwho, in a thread that is ostensibly about punk, I can't believe nobody has named the best punk band of all time: The Damned. They are, indeed, fantastic.

I was never into punk growing up or during my fiesty teenage years. I know a lot of kids who found punk music to be a good soundtrack to their messy lives. I just never got it. My soundtrack was always the pixies, and whatever else I happened to be listening to that week. Definitely not punk, though. Two years ago, however, while working in an independently owned record store (where we could listen to whatever we wanted) in Boston, I really got into 1960s garage rock, like bad. It started with the pebbles collections and grew from there. Well, anyway, one day one of the other clerks in the store put on rancid's first album, and, having been listening to nothing but garage rock for a month, it really made sense to me, musically. It was like a bolt of lightning, accompanied by the though "But...I don't like punk rock. Yet, this is awesome."

So yeah. I guess I'm not as punk as you, or you were punk before me (aimed at no one in particular). i don't wear leather or spikes or dye my hair.

P.S. MxPX, Blink 182: these bands suck (well, I guess I have a soft spot for blink, as my girlfriend's little brother loves them and is always playing blink songs on his guitar when he's not out skateboarding. He's the coolest 12 year old I've ever heard of). Strangely, though, Sum 41 are awesome, despite the fact that their songs all sound the same.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by dgs212:
<STRONG>
Sum 41 are awesome, despite the fact that their songs all sound the same.</STRONG>
i was thinking we were gonna be friends until i saw this. christ man, get a hold of your sensibilities!

MinivanH8R
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2002, 05:28 PM

Minor Threat.

Phanguye  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 05:34 PM

SLC Punk is a pretty good movie... i like when the kid takes the 100 hits of acid on accident

phang

dgs212
Senior User
Apr 28, 2002, 05:35 PM

<STRONG>

i was thinking we were gonna be friends until i saw this. christ man, get a hold of your sensibilities!</STRONG>
C'mon. Admit you like "Fat Lip." It's a guilty pleasure, and that's okay.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Apr 28, 2002, 06:03 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 25, 2004 at 06:41 PM. )

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2002, 06:22 PM

Pick up the Stiff Records box set and then go watch this.
Then get some Minutemen into your stereo, my other faves have been listed already (Descendents, Clash, Damned, etc.) I don't go for this new stuff.

Oh yeah: BAD BRAINS!!! Get their first one produced by Ric Ocasek, it's vital.

the problem is i dont know what good puck rock bands
Oh, you mean The Hansons!

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: ReggieX ]
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Apr 28, 2002, 06:26 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 25, 2004 at 06:41 PM. )

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Apr 28, 2002, 06:56 PM

NoMeansNo have some excellent moments, so go check them out

also, for the sake of it, check out A
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

davechen
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2002, 07:05 PM

Superchunk!

Cipher13
Apr 28, 2002, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by theUpsetter:
<STRONG>

None of those bands are ska, Ska is Jamaican music from the 60's that acted as the predecessor to reggae, all the above bands hijacked Ska and are hated by real fans of the genre, including me.

As for punk, Rancid, the Ducky Boys, the Swinging Utters, and the L.E.S Stitches are modern bands that play REAL punk rock.

-Brandon
the Kingston Beat-real Jamaican Music-real Rudeboy style</STRONG>
Times change dude.

By the way, go listen to Reel Big Fish - Song #3.

You'll like it

The sound, at least.

<STRONG>descendants are really good. anyone into that blink 182 pop punk thing should learn where they all learned that style from.</STRONG>
Dude, I saw All (Descendents) live no more than a month ago, and they sucked major *** . I mean, it was absolute crap!

I've not seen a worse live act in a long time; even on the local stage. Heh. That wasn't music they were playing...

dgs212
Senior User
Apr 28, 2002, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by davechen:
<STRONG>Superchunk!</STRONG>
Dude. Superchunk, despite being awesome (see "Driveway to Driveway"), are not a punk band.

ringo
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2002, 08:19 PM

I second NOFX. Check out Operation Ivy too.

Phranken9
Apr 28, 2002, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by daimoni:
<STRONG>All the coolest punk rock bands didn't even look or act like what the post mtv generation would even consider punk.

I can't stand neu punk, neu ska or neu metal. It's all garbage.

</STRONG>
"To the fakes and frauds its a ****ing fashion show"
--"Step Down", Sick of it All

I dont think we should begin to try and classify who or what is punk, many bands classify themselves as having the sound that may have influenced them, but not where they fall. H20 isnt a bad punk band, but i dont think i would ever be calling them hardcore as they call themselves.

O and daimoni, i wouldnt close your ears to the whole breed of newer stuff, music is a living and breathing thing, and good stuff is being written everyday.

I think the only NOFX song i ever liked was "The Decline"
What they write may be funny stuff, but its just not for me.

theUpsetter
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2002, 08:46 PM

<STRONG>

Times change dude.
By the way, go listen to Reel Big Fish - Song #3.
You'll like it
The sound, at least.
</STRONG>
Times do change, thankfully the time that I was into Reel Big Fish (7 years ago) changed for me. Calling Reel Big Fish ska is like Jay-Z a blues artist, its so wrong that its almost offensive.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 09:21 PM

<STRONG>

Dude, I saw All (Descendents) live no more than a month ago, and they sucked major *** . I mean, it was absolute crap!

I've not seen a worse live act in a long time; even on the local stage. Heh. That wasn't music they were playing...</STRONG>
ya, but, you like reel big fish.

Cipher13
Apr 30, 2002, 04:38 AM

Originally posted by ringo:
<STRONG>I second NOFX. Check out Operation Ivy too.</STRONG>
Yep, Operation Ivy rock.

I never liked NOFX...

Phranken - H20 rock... they're be (nu) punk-core.

<STRONG>

Times do change, thankfully the time that I was into Reel Big Fish (7 years ago) changed for me. Calling Reel Big Fish ska is like Jay-Z a blues artist, its so wrong that its almost offensive.</STRONG>
Nah man. RBF are awesome; and of course they don't fall under the old definition of "ska". How many modern 'punk' bands fall under the old definition of "punk"? None.

The genre has adapted. And anyway, lots of RBF songs have a very old-style ska influence...

<STRONG>

ya, but, you like reel big fish. </STRONG>
Should we even go into the musical tastes which we DO share?

theUpsetter
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2002, 04:57 AM

<STRONG>Nah man. RBF are awesome; and of course they don't fall under the old definition of "ska". How many modern 'punk' bands fall under the old definition of "punk"? None.

The genre has adapted. And anyway, lots of RBF songs have a very old-style ska influence...
</STRONG>
What a crock. They don't fall under any definition of ska, I'd lay odds that you couldn't even name a real ska band off the top of your head with out doing any research first. As for them having "old style" ska infuence, I doubt it. Check out some real ska, and you'd be disgusted by how RBF can call themselves ska with a straight face.

Brandon
The Real Jamaican Ska

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2002, 05:40 AM

<STRONG>Black Flag - Damaged

come back once youve thoroughly digested this album.</STRONG>
Yo, word!

Also being an old time Punker who actually lived through all that sex'n drugs'n Rock'n Roll)

H�sker D� - Class A, the best - Two best LP's (yes, LP's) "Metal Circus" and "Candy Apple Grey"
The Clash - F**kin A - Combat Rock, London Calling, Sandinista
Billy Bragg - Awsome - Got on stage with a guitar and sang alone.
Buzzcocks - Not to be missed.
The Stranglers -Musically amazing - Check out Golden Brown
The Henry Rollins Band - Powerful Mojo.
Crongen - Scratchy
GenX -Also Scratchy
Wendy O and the Plasmatics -
GBH - Heavy as hell.
Anti Nowhere League - had this lead singer called animal who used to stuff carrots up his butt on stage and eat them
Fugazzi - Who can forget them.
Ruumiaa Ruummitta - great finnish band (didn't understand a word though)
H�v�dv�tt - Great Swedish band - Could undertsand a few words, but wish I didn't.
TotenHosen - Pretty good german band.
And my favourite - Les Beruriers Noirs - Absolutely amazing French band - lots of online stuff about them
Neru Goriak - Very militant Basque band.

And some post punk stuff for afters - Killing Joke, Dead Can Dance, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Gang Of Four, Pill (Johnny Rotten solo), The Fall, The Church etc.

The cool thing about Punk was that it was a very international thing, you could go to concerts all over the place, get drunk, not understand a word, and still have a good time because nobody else understood a word either

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: theolein ]
weird wabbit

Cipher13
Apr 30, 2002, 07:34 AM

<STRONG>

What a crock. They don't fall under any definition of ska, I'd lay odds that you couldn't even name a real ska band off the top of your head with out doing any research first. As for them having "old style" ska infuence, I doubt it. Check out some real ska, and you'd be disgusted by how RBF can call themselves ska with a straight face.

Brandon
The Real Jamaican Ska</STRONG>
Get off your podium man.

I never denied anything you said; and no, I can't name any bands off the top of my head, because I think the music sucks. I've heard it. I know it. It's lame.

The term has been adapted. Tough luck

Heres to Goldfinger, RBF, Save Ferris, Less Than Jake, Operation Ivy, The Hippos, and so on *raises glass* - real or not, it's the best kinda ska.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2002, 08:17 AM

of course, besides the Ramones, Sex Pistols and the Misfits;
- the independents (c is for cookie and the beer song rocks!)
- voodoo glow skulls
- the queers
- dropkick murphys

(note: the queers and independents are touring together right now, check out their show if you get the chance...good music, good fun, good dringing, etc)

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2002, 08:38 AM

<STRONG>

Brandon
The Real Jamaican Ska</STRONG>
this ska "influenced" "punk" stuff doesnt add or take away from the old school jamaican or 2 tone era stuff. dont get so in a tizzy.

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2002, 09:12 AM

Why does everyone always b*tch about musical genres? And what is and isn't genre X?

What about the Dancehall Crashers? They aren't punk and they aren't ska but I sure ain't having yet ANOTHER musical genre to classify them under when I organise my mp3s. So they are lumped in with a load of stuff I call punk/ska.

Anyway, I reckon the best way to find more punk bands is to get the compilations the various labels put out. Such as the Hellcat Series, fatwreck series, honest dons stuff, punkorama volumes, etc. That is probably the best starting point, plus they are all dead cheap.

And also, listening to what is playing on the radio.

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2002, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by theolein:
<STRONG>
H�sker D� - Class A, the best - Two best LP's (yes, LP's) "Metal Circus" and "Candy Apple Grey"
Buzzcocks - Not to be missed.
</STRONG>
Well, I'd put "New Day Rising" over "Metal Circue"
Everytime I refer to a band like Sum41 or Green Day as bad Buzzcocks rip-offs, everyone says "Who?" Makes me feel old.
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

Phranken9
Apr 30, 2002, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by ism:
<STRONG>
Anyway, I reckon the best way to find more punk bands is to get the compilations the various labels put out. Such as the Hellcat Series, fatwreck series, honest dons stuff, punkorama volumes, etc. That is probably the best starting point, plus they are all dead cheap.

And also, listening to what is playing on the radio.</STRONG>
Yeah, the compilations are a great way to find a band youd like to hear more of. Some labels are pretty focused on a certain type of sound, so if you grab one of their comps its works out. Larger labels, (epitaph for example) have a wide variety of bands signed, and their compilations will vary, so they are good if you'd like to broaden your listening range, but not that great if you want to find a certain sound.

As for the radio, Especially if you are looking for punk bands, stay away from it at all costs.

itomato
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2002, 09:28 AM

I second the vote for The Minutemen, Minor Threat, and Black Flag.

Gotta add:

fIREHOSE
Crass
Circle Jerks (I probably wouldn't like them if I head them now, 10 years later, unlike the above )
-- | T () /\/\ /.\ T () --

malvolio
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2002, 10:04 AM

As a fan of "old-school" punk, I hate it when anyone calls Blink 182 a punk band. They are waaay too cutesy-poppy.
Fugazi, Black Flag, the Clash, all tops. Lemme just add:
The Reds
Mission of Burma
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

anarkisst
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2002, 10:24 AM

Ahem...lest we forget...

Iggy and the Stooges: "Funhouse", "Raw Power" (Iggy Remix) and "Metallic KO" Iggy is the Godfather of Punk. His new album blows a lotta new bands out of the water.

They started it all.

theUpsetter
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2002, 11:23 AM

<STRONG>
this ska "influenced" "punk" stuff doesn't add or take away from the old school jamaican or 2 tone era stuff. dont get so in a tizzy.</STRONG>
I have nothing against ska influenced anything, what I dislike are bands like the ones Cipher mentions being called ska when they don't play anything that resembles what ska is. When RBF, Goldfinger, Save Ferris, ect. ect. throw and upbeat on a song and call it ska, I think it is a slap in the face to fans of the real genre, you can't splash some color on an computer and call it a Macintosh. If you like those bands, fine, but don't try to put them in the same category as musical greats like Derrick Morgan, Jackie Mitto, and Alton Ellis. I get upset when this happens because I am passionate about Jamaican music, and when the genre is polluted by second rate pop bands who ran with the name in 1996-1997 to get on MTV it makes it harder for the real Ska artist, past and present, to be recognized.

RBF less of a Ska band than even the Clash, but at least Joe Strummer knew and recognized the roots of the music.

Brandon

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: theUpsetter ]

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2002, 11:36 AM

well. i think in every genre theres stuff that gets "thrown in" that doesnt belong. jazz that isnt everyones jazz, metal that isnt everyones metal, punk that isnt everyones punk, etc. i doubt youd find anyone saying that reelbigfish is the same type of ska band as the skatellites are/(were?). the fact that they get tossed in under the same name is unfortunate, but its like not like you can do anything about it. ohwell.

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: scaught ]

theUpsetter
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2002, 11:42 AM

<STRONG> i doubt youd find anyone saying that reelbigfish is the same type of ska band as the skatellites are/(were?). the fact that they get tossed in under the same name is unfortunate, but its like not like you can do anything about it. ohwell.
</STRONG>
So I should sit back and let the music I've loved for half my life be raped so that RBF can sell some of their CD's? The difference between RBF and the Skatalites is like the difference between Charlie Parker and the Ramones, they aren't even close.

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2002, 12:21 PM

Fugazi, Black Flag, Operation Ivy, Agnostic Front, Bad Religion, Bombshell Rocks, Bouncing Souls, Dropkick Murpheys, Voodoo Glow Skulls, New Bomb Turks... all bands you should check out

Some of the best punk bands are probably in local scenes and not getting much farther than that. Check out The Explosion. I saw then at a show once... f***ing awsome. Check out Stick Figure Suicide too... very cool band.

Grinspon - the band Cipher's pushing - is, believe it or not, actually good.

Personally I go in phases from more pop-punk (Pennywise, Guttermouth, Millencolin) to Hardcore (AFI, Sick of it All, Refused, Madball, Raised Fist, 59 Times the Pain, Breach, blah blah blah)

I'm not big into ska or ska-core, but every now and then I enjoy a little Skinnerbox, Pietatsers, Slackers, and King Django.
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Apr 30, 2002, 12:23 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 25, 2004 at 06:52 PM. )

fobside
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2002, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by dgs212:
<STRONG>First of all, not to nitpick, but SLC Punk is not a documentary. It's a fictional film about some punks who live in Salt Lake City. It is, however, pretty funny. Matthew Lillard does a great job being exactly like a guy I know from back home.</STRONG>
sorry, youre right. i wrote that wrong. im studying social deviancy in class and one of the things we read an study on was the punks and the pretenders. the point was on deviance within deviance. if you werent a real punk, you were deviant to the punk culture. it was just so similar to SLC punk i got carried away when writing. =)

Forum Links
Forum Rules