Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > When did the 500Mhz G4 ship?

When did the 500Mhz G4 ship?
muchfresh
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2002, 02:18 AM

I can't believe how slowly Apple updates their proc. Its been a couple years and they can't even double the speed of G4. Lame. Even though the G4 went from 500Mhz to 867Mhz the pipeline increased from 4 to 7. Phil told us that Mhz wasn''t everything.

iMac cool concept, I haven't yet decided weather I like the design or not.

iPhoto suctacular. people are already reporting a lota bugs. No correction for under or overexposed pics. no cutting and composity images to make collages. no adding text to pictures. no adjusting sizes of pictures. no list view, no optional metadata fields. suk suk
'Satisfy the urge and discover the need' Q-Tip

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2002, 09:41 AM

tell you what. why dont you go do some research on CISC and RISC processors and come back to us?

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2002, 11:56 AM

relax...the consumer models needed updates bad and this expo was all about the consumer. Seybold (professional, Feb.) should see updates to the professional models. Breathe once in awhile and realize what apple is doing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules