Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My Thoughts about star wars..... dont get affended by this

My Thoughts about star wars..... dont get affended by this
iBong
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 10:43 AM

Hello
I have been wondering for the past 10 minutes why some ppl like star wars?
like no affence for youse who do like star wars whats great about it?
well it would be a kick ass movie if u were fried watching it but i cant see the point of it. no affence ppl but in my oppinion i think its pretty gay. i dont see the point of that robot and that blob thingy running around and dark vatter.... i wonder bout him.... him and luke got somthing going on. no affence ppl but..... dont get this big hate thread going bout me.... cause i serisly am slow im in special classes and everything.... i got hit with a basball bat when i was a kid and never was the same.
it makes me sad thinking bout it

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2002, 10:55 AM

When Star Wars came out in the late '70s, there was no movie like it, especially in terms of special effects. The younger generation of the time ate it up. Now that generation is grown up and wanting more, hence the new episodes.

iBong  (op)
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by xi_hyperon:
<STRONG>When Star Wars came out in the late '70s, there was no movie like it, especially in terms of special effects. The younger generation of the time ate it up. Now that generation is grown up and wanting more, hence the new episodes.</STRONG>
I dunno if that is true... but the ppl who want more episodes usually live in their moms basement.

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2002, 11:00 AM

The first Star Wars movie was pretty good. Everything after that was an attempt to cash-in on the success of the first movie (which had nothing going for it except the cool special effects).
*empty space*

iBong  (op)
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by TNproud2b:
<STRONG>The first Star Wars movie was pretty good. Everything after that was an attempt to cash-in on the success of the first movie (which had nothing going for it except the cool special effects).</STRONG>
the first one was just as terrible as the others

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2002, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by iBong:
<STRONG>

the first one was just as terrible as the others</STRONG>
You might be right about the first movie....I was only 13 when it was released.
*empty space*

iBong  (op)
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 11:11 AM

<STRONG>

You might be right about the first movie....I was only 13 when it was released.</STRONG>
what ever happend to the early 90s when it was all about punk rock. now its all gone ape shit if ya ask me

Kaglan
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2002, 11:31 AM

Who knows how, but it managed to become a part of our culture. I don't think they're particularly great movies, but they're better than a lot of special effects / space intense movies (stargate, independence day, etc.). Of course that doesn't say a lot.

I know personally what I like about the original starwars movies is what I like about old startrek episodes ... there's a certain unbelievability that even the actors reveal and so there is a little bit of fun and not taking yourself to seriously which is lost when everything looks so real.

Yoda's Erotic Piggyback
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 11:35 AM

I think someone has been smoking his Bong to much.
Or not enough...

theUpsetter
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 30, 2002, 01:18 PM

All of the Star Wars movies have been mediocre at best, weak scripts and lame acting. iBong might have touched on this before, but star wars is like punk rock, it frikin huge now, and all the kids are saying how good the DK"s or the Ramones or Sex Pistols are, when in reality 1. they've probably never listened to to them and 2. all three of those bands pretty much suck, but I guess if enough people say it enough times, it becomes the truth.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 30, 2002, 01:23 PM

AllI remember is being six years old seeing SW and being amazed. I guess you had to be there otherwise you wouldn't understand.

ringo
Professional Poster
Mar 30, 2002, 01:46 PM

Some people prefer the familiar to something new.

I've posted my view of the SW series here before, so I won't offend the faithful any more by repeating myself.

Let's just say that some people have no imagination.

clRagnarok
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2002, 01:56 PM

the first star wars movie was a joke -- seriously. it was george lucas making fun of movies with knights and princesses and such, and wasn't meant to be taken seriously. then came Empire, and the thing caught on.
c l R a g n a r o k

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2002, 02:19 PM

<STRONG>no affence ppl but in my oppinion i think its pretty gay.</STRONG>
Do you mean that Star Wars has sex with other movies of the same gender?

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but this was possibly the dumbest post ever.

No affence intended.

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Mar 30, 2002, 03:13 PM

dont get this big hate thread going bout me.... cause i serisly am slow im in special classes and everything.... i got hit with a basball bat when i was a kid and never was the same.
it makes me sad thinking bout it
That really sucks. I mean that whoever hit you with the bat didn't finish the job.

No affense

Mike

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2002, 04:18 PM

Originally posted by MikeM32:
<STRONG>

That really sucks. I mean that whoever hit you with the bat didn't finish the job.

No affense

Mike</STRONG>
Yeah, he shoulda used an aluminum softball bat - so you could have turned out more like Mikey.

no affense, guys.
*empty space*

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2002, 05:27 PM

<STRONG>

Yeah, he shoulda used an aluminum softball bat - so you could have turned out more like Mikey.

no affense, guys.</STRONG>
yeah, but not everybody has aluminum softball bats lying around their trailers to fend off 'possums

no affence

eep!
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2002, 05:31 PM

some people like tolkien, some people like star wars.
i like star wars, don't get me wrong it's not my 'religion' or anything. I went to see episode I because i enjoyed the first (last) three, yeah, so it wasn't citizen cane but i will go and see II + III.
I doubt if i'll ever sit through 4,5 & 6 again though.

why do some people think the sun shines from kubricks backside?
full metal jacket was great and a clockwork orange was funny (was it supposed to be funny?) the shining was no where near as good as the book (what about Stephen King? why do some people enjoy his books?) and i've never been able to stay awake long enough to see the end of 2001 (the music is so relaxing and the hypnotic camera work just sends me to the land of nod.)

why do some people like &lt;insert anything here&gt;?

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2002, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by Apple Pro Underwear:
<STRONG>

yeah, but not everybody has aluminum softball bats lying around their trailers to fend off 'possums

no affence</STRONG>
No affence taken.

My pappy once clubbed a 'possum with a baseball bat. Best meat tenderizer eve made. Sorta messes up the innards, tho, and render 'em unuseable. Maw says the 'possum innards is the best part. Reckon maw is always right - seein' as how she she's also my sister and my aunt. She must be purty smart.
*empty space*

iBong  (op)
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by Yoda's Erotic Piggyback:
<STRONG>I think someone has been smoking his Bong to much.
Or not enough... </STRONG>
i think not enough

iBong  (op)
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by theUpsetter:
<STRONG>All of the Star Wars movies have been mediocre at best, weak scripts and lame acting. iBong might have touched on this before, but star wars is like punk rock, it frikin huge now, and all the kids are saying how good the DK"s or the Ramones or Sex Pistols are, when in reality 1. they've probably never listened to to them and 2. all three of those bands pretty much suck, but I guess if enough people say it enough times, it becomes the truth.</STRONG>

sex pistols ****in role.... if thats how u spell it....they started punk rock.... and Dead kenedys rule.... ramones u shouldnt be saying ne thing about them... poor joey ramone is dead and if u dont like punk i think ur odd or gay or somthing around those thingys

iBong  (op)
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 06:45 PM

<STRONG>

No affense

Mike</STRONG>
dude **** u ya ****in tit how would u like it if u were daft in the head like me....... u wouldnt say it to me then.... smokein the weed infront of pizzas shops... hey man take a walk on the wild side... and the colored gurls sing do do do do do do do do do do......blow ur money man peace and love no more vietnam war...... hippies are comin back man..... were going to NYC and smokein a fatty with the hippie god named steve jobs.... and hunt down the guy who made the iBong... and smoke up with him... blow ur money man peace and love no more vietnam war...... hippies are comin back man..... were going to NYC and smokein a fatty with the hippie god named steve jobs.... and hunt down the guy who made the iBong... and smoke up with him... do it for nthe willies man... last nite i was gettin made fun of in a resturaunt saying i was a ****in dumb retard..... that made me sad and wanted to kick him..... so stop makeing fun of me.... leave me alone

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2002, 06:55 PM

ps. sex pistols didnt "start punk rock". they were a boy band living an image.

iBong  (op)
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 06:58 PM

Originally posted by Apple Pro Underwear:
<STRONG>

no affence</STRONG>
calling me a hick eh? well think of how i fell being a mental retard..... heres a story: i walked by the teachers lounge the 3 weeks ago and they were making fun of me saying i was too slow to go to that school and put me in the school for "unique" people..... i new what that ment i went in the bathroom crying and screaming so i leftnd smoked up..... i went back to school like the other day and a teacher said under her breath here comes the slow kid i thought he was quitting for good... that made me sad.. i wanted to hit myself in the head a couple more times so i could be a vegtable and live in peace.... now do u wish u were me u meany.... once the school gave me an i.q. test and they found out my i.q. was 79 my parents felt sorry for me and thought i should no so they told me.

iBong  (op)
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
<STRONG>

ps. sex pistols didnt "start punk rock". they were a boy band living an image.</STRONG>
listen i was listening to punk for 8 years of my life and i think i would no after learning a little about it.... they started the real punk... ramones was just rock then eventualie terned inta punk so stik that in your ass

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2002, 07:56 PM

<STRONG>
listen i was listening to punk for 8 years of my life and i think i would no after learning a little about it.... they started the real punk... ramones was just rock then eventualie terned inta punk so stik that in your ass</STRONG>
umm. you have absolutely no idea what youre talking about. you apparently need to learn a little more about it.

The Mouth Of William Burroughs
Mar 30, 2002, 08:32 PM

<STRONG>

No affense

Mike</STRONG>
I'm mad sick in the moon room his toe the greatest tribute to the land mail the brace going to learn that space aliens I'm madder than a snail. Salt lizards and slimy scaly things response to those turban-headed pop Koran slimeball need and I want all you bellied fig-gobblers and turn them into castration message loud and clear with some grass shears like houseflies and Uncle Ed Anger to teach horror blooded Americans who was peachy keen on the idea damned coward soprano castrating terrorists fill his fish face full to know what you think. �Ed Anger will never clear the holster self-righteous and bigoted and yes peeled by Jiminy the only ugliness like a dog rolls and alien period I'd have dropped our national anthem on the surface of the moon miss head pop singer from escaped alien fan mail making me what the hell kind of an astronaut who just dropped our national anthem about all the bleeding heart junk of the free and the home of space alien baloney let's face it folks like you and me are tired space aliens are the real thing flying over our lily-livered with big teeth and sucking our own medicine yellow blubbering sniveling wimps Ugly Ugly heroes in the only space alien is a dead son my American on the Fourth of July firecracker a bomb

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 30, 2002, 08:49 PM

<STRONG>
listen i was listening to punk for 8 years of my life and i think i would no after learning a little about it.... they started the real punk... ramones was just rock then eventualie terned inta punk so stik that in your ass</STRONG>
I call iBong bullshit. Maybe he is somebody's idea of a funny alter ego. Even if you really were retarded you could spell better than that.

iBong  (op)
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by shmerek:
<STRONG>

I call iBong bullshit. Maybe he is somebody's idea of a funny alter ego. Even if you really were retarded you could spell better than that. </STRONG>
hate to tell ya but im not like u and not every one can spell like u so u can shut up if u dont beleave me that im challanged well u can not beleave it if u want to its not funny what happend to me! so leave me alone. u dont no how much i get made fun of

climber
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2002, 09:30 PM

<STRONG>

I call iBong bullshit. Maybe he is somebody's idea of a funny alter ego. Even if you really were retarded you could spell better than that. </STRONG>

He is, by his own statements, either a 13 year old mentally handicapped stoner, or a lying ahole.
climber

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 30, 2002, 10:25 PM

<STRONG>

hate to tell ya but im not like u and not every one can spell like u so u can shut up if u dont beleave me that im challanged well u can not beleave it if u want to its not funny what happend to me! so leave me alone. u dont no how much i get made fun of</STRONG>
Whatever, you are full of shit. Have you ever heard of a spell checker? Idiot. that's right two rollies

iBong  (op)
Banned
Mar 30, 2002, 10:33 PM

<STRONG>

Whatever, you are full of shit. Have you ever heard of a spell checker? Idiot. that's right two rollies</STRONG>
thats it u can lick my ass ya rolling bitch

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2002, 11:31 PM

TMOWB = iBong

Mar 30, 2002, 11:34 PM

<STRONG>TMOWB = iBong</STRONG>
If, after having been exposed to someone's presence, you feel as if you've lost a quart of plasma, avoid that presence. You need it like you need pernicious anemia.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2002, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by The Mouth Of William Burroughs:
<STRONG>

If, after having been exposed to someone's presence, you feel as if you've lost a quart of plasma, avoid that presence. You need it like you need pernicious anemia.</STRONG>
Nah, I only feel like the collective IQ of the Lounge went down after you came back.

Mar 30, 2002, 11:39 PM

<STRONG>

Nah, I only feel like the collective IQ of the Lounge went down after you came back.</STRONG>
Yes, this world would be a pretty easy and pleasant place to live in if everybody could just mind his own business and let others do the same.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2002, 11:46 PM

Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his ass to talk? His whole abdomen would move up and down you dig farting out the words. It was unlike anything I had ever heard.

Mar 30, 2002, 11:50 PM

<STRONG>Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his ass to talk? His whole abdomen would move up and down you dig farting out the words. It was unlike anything I had ever heard.</STRONG>
This ass talk had sort of a gut frequency. It hit you right down there like you gotta go. You know when the old colon gives you the elbow and it feels sorta cold inside, and you know all you have to do is turn loose? Well this talking hit you right down there, a bubbly, thick stagnant sound, a sound you could smell.

theUpsetter
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2002, 01:42 AM

<STRONG>
You have no clue about punk rock, the sex pistols were a totally made up band fabricated by a clothing company to promote their "sex" line of clothing, and the DK's are just sad. REAL punk rock has its roots in people like iggy pop, and IMHO really started with the Clash.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2002, 01:51 AM

<STRONG>TMOWB = iBong</STRONG>
Who is this bozo and how do we make him go away?

Mar 31, 2002, 01:59 AM

<STRONG>

Who is this bozo and how do we make him go away?</STRONG>
Most of the trouble in this world has been caused by folks who can't mind their own business, because they have no business of their own to mind, any more than a smallpox virus has ...

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2002, 02:02 AM

<STRONG>

Most of the trouble in this world has been caused by folks who can't mind their own business, because they have no business of their own to mind, any more than a smallpox virus has ...</STRONG>
So why don't you mind your own business and move along there is nothing to see here.

Mar 31, 2002, 02:05 AM

<STRONG>

So why don't you mind your own business and move along there is nothing to see here.</STRONG>
But a wise old black faggot said to me years ago: 'Some people are $hits, darling.' I was never able to forget it.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2002, 02:09 AM

<STRONG>

But a wise old black faggot said to me years ago: 'Some people are $hits, darling.' I was never able to forget it.</STRONG>
Profound

Mar 31, 2002, 02:12 AM

<STRONG>

Profound </STRONG>
Jeder macht eine kleine Dummheit

clRagnarok
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2002, 02:15 AM

everyone makes a small stupidity?
c l R a g n a r o k

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2002, 02:16 AM

<STRONG>

Jeder macht eine kleine Dummheit</STRONG>
And so?

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2002, 02:20 AM

<STRONG>

Who is this bozo and how do we make him go away?</STRONG>
Just ignore him. As TMOWB, he only quotes W.B. ... as iBong he, well, he posts. Either way there's not much point in attempting an intelligent dialogue as it doesn't seem possible. ::shrug::

Mar 31, 2002, 02:20 AM

<STRONG>

And so?</STRONG>
Well, as you can plainly see, the possibilities are endless like meandering paths in a great big beautiful garden. I was just scratching that lovely surface when I am purged bv Party Poops. ... Well, 'son cosas de la vida."

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2002, 02:24 AM

<STRONG>

Just ignore him. As TMOWB, he only quotes W.B. ... as iBong he, well, he posts. Either way there's not much point in attempting an intelligent dialogue as it doesn't seem possible. ::shrug::</STRONG>
Where do you know this guy from was he around here before.

Forum Links
Forum Rules