Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Font Troubles with OSX HELP!!

Font Troubles with OSX HELP!!
ujeni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2002, 05:02 PM

Hey everyone,

Been reading this forum for a while. You guys know yer stuff!!!

My design team has a problem. I am trying to get everyone over to OSX from OS9. We, of course, have a huge library of fonts that we have been using with OS9. The problem is that after we install the latest OSX and the latest printer drivers for our xerox Phaser 7700....the fonts show up on the screen ok...but will not print from any app. They always resort back to a a default font (Times I think). Most of the standard fonts (ariel, helvetica and so on work fine)...but all of our other fonts don't.

Here's what I have tried:

Downloaded the latest PPDs and installed and set them up from Print Center.

Tried the same thing on several machines with the same results.

Tried manually installing the fonts and used tried using Suitcase 10.1

Called Apple. They suggested calling Macromedia (we use freehand mainly) and Xerox.

Can you guys tell me what is happening? I'm trying to get more OS9 users to convert to OSX!!! I need your help.

Thanx

Forum Links
Forum Rules