Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Any way for Jag to see a shared Windows printer?

Any way for Jag to see a shared Windows printer?
starman
Clinically Insane
Aug 24, 2002, 07:57 PM

Hi all,
Jag is nice, and I like how they're finally integrating Windows file sharing support. I didn't see anything about seeing printers that are shared on a Windows network. Does Jag have support for this? I have an Epson 785EPX that I'd like to share between my Macs and my PCs. I can get around it with my KVM/USB switch, but I'd rather have Jag see the shared printer, if possible.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

snerdini
Senior User
Aug 24, 2002, 08:07 PM

I think it partly depends on the printer. We have a Ricoh AP2100 laser that's on a NT server, but it's actually hooked up to a IP print server. Using the PPD from Ricoh's website and setting it up through the shared IP, I can print to it as if it was local. But the HP DeskJet on the other hand, is giving me a little more trouble.

Juggler
Forum Regular
Aug 25, 2002, 05:26 PM

I am having the same problem. Jaguar does recognize folders shared by a PC on the network but so far I have not been able to mount a shared printer.

Is there anybody with a clue about if this is possible? I really was hoping that Jaguar would solve this.

The DJ
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 25, 2002, 05:32 PM

Please read this post.
It has all the info on this topic.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=117458

Derk-Jan Hartman, Student of the University Twente (NL), developer of VLC media player

Forum Links
Forum Rules