Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Helping Franken steal election...

Helping Franken steal election... (Page 3)
hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2009, 02:46 PM

Actually, Franken only gain 164 votes from the recount.

100 votes gain from data entry error discovered in Pine County on 11/7
176 votes gain was from the absentee ballots.

Franken's road to victory.

+100: data entry error in Pine County. 24 entered instead of 124 for Franken
+176: by including absentee ballots that both parties agreed to
+164: From the recount
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Crook View Post
What the heck are you talking about?

The Franken lead came from 900 wrongfully rejected absentee ballots that election officials didn't begin to count until January 3, 2009. Is fivethirtyeight.com not up to your holier-than-thou "non-partisan" standards?
There are generally differences between a vote collection count and certified election result however, in a race that is essentially split right down the middle to have an overwhelming majority of the corrected counts swing one direction is bogus, bumpkus, BS. That's what I'm talking about.

On Wednesday morning Sen. Norm Coleman led Al Franken by 725 votes. By Wednesday night the lead was 477 votes. By Thursday night it was 336. As of Monday morning, it's 204.
KARE News; Minneapolis-St. Paul

Local news not good enough for ya?
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
There are generally differences between a vote collection count and certified election result however, in a race that is essentially split right down the middle to have ALL the corrected counts swing one direction is bogus, bumpkus, BS. That's what I'm talking about.

On Wednesday morning Sen. Norm Coleman led Al Franken by 725 votes. By Wednesday night the lead was 477 votes. By Thursday night it was 336. As of Monday morning, it's 204.
KARE News; Minneapolis-St. Paul

Local news not good enough for ya?
Election day final count. Coleman +215 votes ahead of Franken.

So you believe it was possible for Coleman to legitimately gain 550 votes over Franken during 2 days of recount.

Yet, you refuse to believe Franken legitmately gain 440 votes from election day numbers over Coleman during the whole recount?

Haha..
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Election day final count. Coleman +215 votes ahead of Franken.
No, as Ebuddy demonstrated, on election day Coleman was up 750. It wasn't until days later and several "found" new ballots (that where unsecured) that the number dwindled.

So you believe it was possible for Coleman to legitimately gain 550 votes over Franken during 2 days of recount.

Yet, you refuse to believe Franken legitmately gain 440 votes from election day numbers over Coleman during the whole recount?
Again, we are going from 725 when the votes are first counted to now where Franken is up about 220. That's almost a thousand new votes found for Al Franken, with evidence that this was helped by rules that where not consistently followed in a way that specifically benefitted Franken. I think that's what's kind of hard to believe.
( Last edited by stupendousman; Jan 7, 2009 at 11:21 PM. )

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2009, 09:12 AM

I'm not up on what happened when during this election, but I do know that the election day total is not normally the final total that gets posted before any recounts. In most states, ballots only need to be postmarked by election day, so they wait a week or so for all the stragglers to trickle in before counting them. Because of this, if the margin if victory is more than the outstanding absentee ballots, sometimes they never get counted.

Some states also let you file a provisional ballot if your voting credentials are not in order (like if you moved to a new district, but there was a screw-up and you're not on the voter rolls in the new district even though you're registered.) Those ballots won't be included in the election night total, but will in the certified, pre-recount total.

Then, there is the Lizard People vote, which never gets counted properly because Americans are speciesists.

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 11:38 AM

I believe that Franken DID get 100% of the lizard person vote. They found the ballots Thursday morning after the election and added them to Al's totals, so all is good!

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 12:11 PM

This is what it all boils down to. In their minds, anything that the Democrats do is shady, evil and just some sort of con job to help them get rich or more power... while anything the Republicans do is a valiant effort to stop the evil Democrats and restore dignity and order to this country.

That is why having any sort of reasonable conversation or exchange of ideas is impossible. You can however egg them on and read the hilarious responses. That's always fun.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 12:18 PM

With this issue it also boils down to pure gut feeling, which is all too predictable...

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
This is what it all boils down to. In their minds, anything that the Democrats do is shady, evil and just some sort of con job to help them get rich or more power...
Just the shady/evil stuff. You know, where an close election is held and Democrats in control change the rules around, aren't consistent, dead people are found to have voted for the Democrat, etc. This has been a long term problem.

I don't think that they are evil or shady most of the time - just normally wrong on the issues.

Either Republicans are much better at vote fraud and manipulaton than the Democrats and don't get caught, or the Democrats are engaging in it more often. Especially where tight races are concerned. Just an observation.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
Just the shady/evil stuff. You know, where an close election is held and Democrats in control change the rules around, aren't consistent, dead people are found to have voted for the Democrat, etc. This has been a long term problem.

I don't think that they are evil or shady most of the time - just normally wrong on the issues.

Either Republicans are much better at vote fraud and manipulaton than the Democrats and don't get caught, or the Democrats are engaging in it more often. Especially where tight races are concerned. Just an observation.
You only see what you want to see. Corruption and voter fraud happens on both sides fairly frequently. Since you apparently only read conservative Republican blogs, it's no surprise to anyone that all you ever read about is how Democrats manipulate votes.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2009, 02:06 PM

You folks have it all wrong. The Republicans are evil, and the Democrats are stupid.

And when they get together in the spirit of bipartisanship, the result is often both evil and stupid..

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 02:08 PM

Both parties are evil and stupid, but the republicans are evil and stupid and put forth ideals that do not generally appeal to me, while the evil and stupid democrats at least pretend to sort of cater to my desires.

It's really all a sucker game.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 02:20 PM

Yo mama is evil and stupid.

Just kidding, no she isn't. This isn't even very funny.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2009, 02:26 PM

I think it's funny. It's certainly funnier than the Blue Jays signing Pat Burrell (which made me giggle a bit)....

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Yo mama is evil and stupid.

Just kidding, no she isn't. This isn't even very funny.
Well, actually she is somewhat evil and stupid. She's a lifelong semi-prominent (in Missouri) Democrat. Listening to her talk about "the Republicans" is funny. She's just as biased and up her own ass as a few certain posters 'round these parts.

Evil probably isn't the right word for her though. Just completely and utterly brainwashed and unable to look beyond party lines on any issue.

My family is very politically charged, and my new hobby is to always argue the Republican side of things at family gatherings. It drives my mom nuts.
( Last edited by ort888; Jan 9, 2009 at 01:07 AM. )

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
You only see what you want to see.
I only see what's there to see. Apparently, you're of the opinion that the Republicans are just smarter and aren't as obvious about their fraud.

I read all sorts of news sources and have for years. For some reason, when there is funny business with vote talleys, it almost always seems to be the Democrats who are caught with their hands in the cookie jars.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
I think it's funny. It's certainly funnier than the Blue Jays signing Pat Burrell (which made me giggle a bit)....
Where did you hear that rumor? I have mlbtraderumors in my RSS feed and never read about that...

The Blue Jays will sign nobody except my ass. They are broke, and couldn't even afford my ass anyway.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 02:37 PM

I only see what's there to see. Apparently, you're of the opinion that the Republicans are just smarter and aren't as obvious about their fraud.

I read all sorts of news sources and have for years. For some reason, when there is funny business with vote talleys, it almost always seems to be the Democrats who are caught with their hands in the cookie jars.
Is there much of a point to this? Democrats are worse at cheating? Does it really matter? Are we supposed to notch a tick in your column or something?

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 03:00 PM

Here's a super scientific method to track this

Google hits for...

Democrat Voter Fraud = 1,130,000
Republican Voter Fraud = 2,860,000

Maybe just maybe, anytime you read a story about democrats and voter fraud you get a stiffy and obsess about it for days, but anytime there is one about republicans, you just dismiss it and move on? Might skew your overall view of things.

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 03:17 PM

I'm just doing this off the top of my head...

Kennedy Vs. Nixon - massive vote fraud, Kennedy wins. No one really denies this. Election bought and paid for by Joe Kennedy.

Illinois just about every election. It's the only state where the dead get an equal voice in support of the favored Democrat candidate.

Washington State as mentioned

Maryland a couple of elections back for Governor.

Clinton/Gore 94. Massive campaign finance fraud via solicitation of foreign donations.

Florida where Gore wanted the rules changed after the fact to benefit him.

Minnesota where Al Franken has 1000 votes materialize for him while the canvassing board bends the rules inconsistently in Al's favor.

Can you really come up with a similar list of major voting fiascos perpetrated by Republicans? I'm not saying that Republicans never cheat or engage in fraud. It's quite possible the just do it on a smaller scale and/or do it better as to not be so obvious.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2009, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Where did you hear that rumor? I have mlbtraderumors in my RSS feed and never read about that...

The Blue Jays will sign nobody except my ass. They are broke, and couldn't even afford my ass anyway.
My bad, someone at work told me that he signed with the Jays, but he actually signed with the Rays. See the difference one letter can make?

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 03:33 PM

I'm just doing this off the top of my head...

Kennedy Vs. Nixon - massive vote fraud, Kennedy wins. No one really denies this. Election bought and paid for by Joe Kennedy.

Illinois just about every election. It's the only state where the dead get an equal voice in support of the favored Democrat candidate.

Washington State as mentioned

Maryland a couple of elections back for Governor.

Clinton/Gore 94. Massive campaign finance fraud via solicitation of foreign donations.

Florida where Gore wanted the rules changed after the fact to benefit him.

Minnesota where Al Franken has 1000 votes materialize for him while the canvassing board bends the rules inconsistently in Al's favor.

Can you really come up with a similar list of major voting fiascos perpetrated by Republicans? I'm not saying that Republicans never cheat or engage in fraud. It's quite possible the just do it on a smaller scale and/or do it better as to not be so obvious.
OK, I'm calling your bluff. This is a joke account, isn't it? Who are you really?

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 04:13 PM

OK, I'm calling your bluff. This is a joke account, isn't it? Who are you really?
Careful. I got ban points for accusing stupendousman and PaperNotes of being joke accounts. Apparently they actually believe in what they're saying.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 04:15 PM

Wow. That's harsh. I imagine a "knock it off" would have sufficed.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Wow. That's harsh. I imagine a "knock it off" would have sufficed.
Well, the accusation may have been preceded with "no one can be that stupid..."

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 04:24 PM

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 04:36 PM

Who are you really?
Your momma.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 04:39 PM

My bad, someone at work told me that he signed with the Jays, but he actually signed with the Rays. See the difference one letter can make?
I'm wondering what kind of season the Rays will have next year, it will be interesting...

Did you know that "Gays" is also very similar to Jays and Rays?

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2009, 05:16 PM

It's also super close to Greys.

Now that I also know that my beloved mother is posting here... it's all starting to come together.

All the pieces...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 05:32 PM

Well, as many of you know, I'm absolutely convinced that at least one of you is Abe.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2009, 06:22 PM

You folks have it all wrong. The Republicans are evil, and the Democrats are stupid.

And when they get together in the spirit of bipartisanship, the result is often both evil and stupid..
Post of the day!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules