Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Lost

Lost (Page 3)
OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2005, 11:28 PM

Your sig is broken Kerrigan.

-Owl

scottiB
Professional Poster
May 29, 2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
Here's a run-down:

items snipped
Impressive. Thanks for the summary.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
May 30, 2005, 08:28 AM

Here's another spoiler to bump this thread:

Season 2 will bring on a new set of regulars. Where will they come from? The tail of the aircraft -- which the current survivors never found -- which is on the other side of the island. We will find out that Rose's husband, is alive, just like she said -- along with several other people.

This is also why Boone, when SOSing inside the Beechnut, heard back "We're the survivors of flight Eight One Five!"
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Rev-O
Mac Elite
May 30, 2005, 09:04 AM

<snip>
We will find out that Rose's husband, is alive, just like she said -- along with several other people.
Seemed like they just abandoned that storyline. Rose was in the first few episodes (or so it seemed), then vanished from the series. From Rose's first pronouncement on the beach, I've been wondering about this plot thread.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Jun 1, 2005, 07:16 PM

Season 2 will bring on a new set of regulars. Where will they come from? The tail of the aircraft -- which the current survivors never found -- which is on the other side of the island. We will find out that Rose's husband, is alive, just like she said -- along with several other people.

This is also why Boone, when SOSing inside the Beechnut, heard back "We're the survivors of flight Eight One Five!"
RAILhead - Dang, and I thought I was a fan. Do you work for the show or something?

SPOILERS if you haven't seen the episode!

Just saw the finale last night. It was good stuff! But my friends and I were figuring things out along the way. Like Danielle's connection to Claire...maybe Ethan and Danielle were together. The Others being after Walt. The Black Smoke used as a signal. The monster coming from underground. I'm pretty stoked about next season. I think the Others might be pirates - the baby stealing kind.

I think the best part about the show is how they are developing the characters. If you're into the show, you're into the characters. They seem real. They have motivation, and the viewer can see why they do the things they do.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2005, 09:43 PM

Ethan and Danielle weren't in "cahoots".

Yes, The Others were after Walt, not Aaron.

The smoke isn't a signal -- not in the sense I think you're meaning.

The Others aren't "pirates" per se.

There was a girl on the boat with The Others, the one that threw the molotov at Sawyer...I wonder who she could be...?

There were two flights.

Hurley has more to do with everything than we realize.

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

deej5871
Senior User
Jun 1, 2005, 09:51 PM

Does that have something to do with the polar bear? One of my friends theorized (well, he may have read it online) that Walt has some special power. Like in that one flashback he brought the bird back to life and that the polar bear appeared because of that one comic book with the giant polar bear on it (which appeared again in the finale). I just thought of this now but maybe this power is responsible for him finding his dog alive. Maybe the dog was dead and his wanting brought it back to life?

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2005, 09:53 PM

There was a girl on the boat with The Others, the one that threw the molotov at Sawyer...I wonder who she could be...?

There were two flights.

I can't possibly see how Hurley could have any more to do with it than he already does.

If you've got anything to back this up, u could put it in white so only thos ewho wish to can see.
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Jun 1, 2005, 10:12 PM

There were two flights.

I was thinking that the smoke is a signal for the other "pirates" who were out at sea to let them know where the location of the island. Like in the Bible. Pillar of smoke by day, pillar of fire by night.

The girl on the boat? I was thinking it was Alex.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2005, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by deej5871
Does that have something to do with the polar bear? One of my friends theorized (well, he may have read it online) that Walt has some special power. Like in that one flashback he brought the bird back to life and that the polar bear appeared because of that one comic book with the giant polar bear on it (which appeared again in the finale). I just thought of this now but maybe this power is responsible for him finding his dog alive. Maybe the dog was dead and his wanting brought it back to life?
The dog wasn't dead, but Walt does have "powers" (quote/unquote, mind you). We'll see more of them next season as he handles the situation we last saw him in.

And yes, there's a connection to the bird dying, the polar bear, and Walt.

The comic book was Hurley's to begin with.

MAury

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by invisibleX
I can't possibly see how Hurley could have any more to do with it than he already does.

If you've got anything to back this up, u could put it in white so only thos ewho wish to can see.
Think on this: what if something was trying to keep everyone from boarding the plane to begin with? What if all the things that happened to slow them down was happening for a reason -- but they still made it on board. What if someone had something about themselves that protected them as long as he was around -- but only if there was a connection with him in some way...

Maury

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2005, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by jonasmac
I was thinking that the smoke is a signal for the other "pirates" who were out at sea to let them know where the location of the island. Like in the Bible. Pillar of smoke by day, pillar of fire by night.

The girl on the boat? I was thinking it was Alex.
I thought you meant the "monster smoke". Yes, the other smoke was a signal -- but how was it lit since there were no tracks or footprints?

Current speculation is that the girl is, in fact, Alex.

Maury

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2005, 10:43 PM

-- oh, and the polar bear doesn't have as much to do with the comic book as we think: it's not his origin, let's say.

Maury

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2005, 10:48 PM

-- oh, and the polar bear doesn't have as much to do with the comic book as we think: it's not his origin, let's say.

Maury
I never saw those, whats all this about a polar bear, bird, an comic? Walts the kid?

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2005, 10:51 PM

I thought you meant the "monster smoke". Yes, the other smoke was a signal -- but how was it lit since there were no tracks or footprints?

Current speculation is that the girl is, in fact, Alex.

Maury
Well, if it was already prepared previously (which we'd assume it was) it wouldn't be difficult to light from a boat.

Its fairly obvious that something was trying to prevent hurley from going to the island. But then it was all connected to the numbers and they're supposed to be bad.. or are they.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2005, 10:56 PM

I never saw those, whats all this about a polar bear, bird, an comic? Walts the kid?
I'm to crash for the night so I don't have time to find the episodes, but we saw Walt (the kid) reading a comic and we saw a page with a polar bear on it. Not too soon afterward, they were attacked by a polar bear -- a live polar bear...from an island in the middle of the ocean upon which no polar bear should exist.

In a different episode (I think) we saw Walt get mad at his mom and her boyfriend because they weren't paying him enough attention and as he read a book/story about a bird, one came flying into a window and died. It's an older episode, and until I get a chance to look up which ep. it was, my details may be off.

In the finale, we find out that the comic book Walt was reading -- which was also in Spanish so he couldn't read it (he said he looked at the pictures because he liked them) -- actually belonged to Hurley. We also get a glimpse of the polar bear page that Walt eventually saw, too.

Maury

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2005, 10:58 PM

Well, if it was already prepared previously (which we'd assume it was) it wouldn't be difficult to light from a boat.

Its fairly obvious that something was trying to prevent hurley from going to the island. But then it was all connected to the numbers and they're supposed to be bad.. or are they.
Right. But maybe something wanted everyone BUT Hurley on the plane, flight 815. Same thing -- kind of...just a slightly different angle of approach.

Maury

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2005, 01:08 AM

Here's the comic. Change the number to 1 to see the whole thing. It's from a Green Lantern/Flash comic book. There's some pretty good Lost info at www.lostlinks.net.

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2005, 12:47 AM

Who caught the season premiere tonight? What did you think?

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Sep 22, 2005, 12:52 AM

Please try not to spoil it, since I won't get to see it till next Wednesday. Dang tape delays!

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2005, 12:54 AM

If I say "holy fracking shiat!" does that spoil it or just make you more excited for it?

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Sep 22, 2005, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ozmodiar
If I say "holy fracking shiat!" does that spoil it or just make you more excited for it?

Well, it's my favorite show on the Telly right now, I really can't wait.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2005, 01:31 AM

Premiere was about what I expected, such as one can expect anything from Lost. It was good. Nice dierection for the second season.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2005, 08:21 AM

From the start to the finish of last night's episode, I sat there thinking, "Damn, it's like they want to make up for the few months of no Lost episodes."

The episode was jam packed, i need to watch it again sometime. Awesome show and I can't wait for next week.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2005, 08:56 AM

I enjoyed it. That being said, I have to admit the twist at the end was utterly predictable. Who didn't see that coming?

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2005, 11:06 AM

Spoiler

Apparently some radio station took what Walt said last night and played it backwards. They claim (and listeners agree) that he is saying "Don't press the button, the button is bad."

This show freaks me out. I love it.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2005, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by lavar78
I enjoyed it. That being said, I have to admit the twist at the end was utterly predictable. Who didn't see that coming?
I saw it when the introduced the Auzzi guy in the stadium (had the same hair as the cave man)

Hugi
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2005, 12:28 PM

Spoiler
Just so you know, your spoiler shows up clear as day in the thread reply emails.

The episode was great, this season is off to a great start.

babble
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2005, 02:28 PM

How can they put so much into one episode? I was scared that they would take their time with all the plot twits and all, but now... There's even more!

Great show, great plot!

babble
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2005, 02:29 PM

And if people don't want spoilers, they shouldn't come in and read about our feedback from yesterday's episode.

brapper
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2005, 02:42 PM

damn. I want more.

d.fine
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2005, 04:17 PM

It just started playing here in Belgium, talk about lag

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2005, 08:25 PM

Yes it was predictable as hell. That much dialog for a throw away character? Not a chance. But still good stuff!

vinster
Senior User
Sep 22, 2005, 08:50 PM

WARNING: I found a thread that, if true, reveals the whole mystery behind the show.

I repeat, WARNING, read only at the risk of reducing your Lost viewing pleasure.

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2005, 09:15 PM

Looks like that thread got debunked pretty fast.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2005, 10:59 PM

"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Sep 22, 2005, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by vinster
WARNING: I found a thread that, if true, reveals the whole mystery behind the show.

I repeat, WARNING, read only at the risk of reducing your Lost viewing pleasure.
I didn't read that thread, but I read somewhere that JJ Abrams (creator) and his writers are so secretive, they don't even let the cast and crew in on what's going to happen.

Turias
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2005, 09:14 AM

That was an amazing episode. Great way to start off the season.

More with the spoliers (and really, if you care about spoilers, you should stay out of this thread):

Did anyone else notice that the man in the beginning typed the numbers on the computer console before hitting "execute"?

Turias
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2005, 09:24 AM

Spoiler

This show freaks me out. I love it.
You can hear that backwards sound clip for yourself at the following blog:

http://flight815.blogspot.com/

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Sep 24, 2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Turias
That was an amazing episode. Great way to start off the season.

More with the spoliers (and really, if you care about spoilers, you should stay out of this thread):
Why? I started the topic, because I love the show. In any case feel free to discuss. A spoiler warning is suficient.

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2005, 09:48 PM

was it just me or did anyone else see the bunker logo on the shark's tail when it swam past?

-r.

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2005, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by rjenkinson
was it just me or did anyone else see the bunker logo on the shark's tail when it swam past?

-r.
damn, i missed that. i wish i had tivo so i could go back and look again.

"I start fires!"

brapper
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2005, 09:52 PM

me too.

brapper
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2005, 10:00 PM

also, now that it's over, can I add: WTF??
I NEED ANSWERS!!

lavar78
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2005, 10:37 PM

They want us to think "him" ("Are you him?") is Jack, but I think it might be Hurley instead.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2005, 11:00 PM

-r.
it was there, it wasn't the exact same logo, it was a little different. instead of a swan it looked more like a horizontal line in the middle of the logo, but it was there.

i paused and rewound with my dvr.

i want the entire season that is ready to be put on tv now. i hate waiting for each week

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2005, 11:09 PM

-r.
Yes, I thought I saw it, too. I'll be checking my "backup copy" ASAP.

Maury

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2005, 11:13 PM

Here yo go:

Different logo, but a logo indeed.

Maury

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2005, 11:25 PM

They want us to think "him" ("Are you him?") is Jack, but I think it might be Hurley instead.
That's a good theory. What do you think "him" is supposed to do?

brapper
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2005, 12:11 AM

didn't he say Jack though?

Forum Links
Forum Rules