Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Rodium Edge 2 theme for OS X

Rodium Edge 2 theme for OS X (Page 3)
KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2002, 12:42 PM

Something like that.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 17, 2002, 01:28 PM

I don't like the blue, it doesn't fit in with anything. Anyway, here's my attempt:

Gatorzx2
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 17, 2002, 01:32 PM

Nice, I like it so far. I don't think the blue went with it either, it stood out to o much.

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2002, 01:33 PM

Well, where did the blue fit in with platinum? It's an accent. Progress bars look good. Anyways, what color are you planning on using as the menu hilte?

AU_student_iceBook
Senior User
Oct 17, 2002, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by dazzla:
I don't like the blue, it doesn't fit in with anything. Anyway, here's my attempt:

Wow, think that looks great! Keep up the cool work Dazzla!

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 17, 2002, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by KidRed:
Well, where did the blue fit in with platinum? It's an accent. Progress bars look good. Anyways, what color are you planning on using as the menu hilte?
Guess

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2002, 03:27 PM

Guess
HAHA, if you say blue....

ambush
Banned
Oct 17, 2002, 04:58 PM

Please post a beta ASAP

Trekkie
Forum Regular
Oct 17, 2002, 04:58 PM

So are we still going to be seeing a port of the ChosenOS theme or has it been killed again?
-Trekkie
To point, click and boldly go...

ambush
Banned
Oct 17, 2002, 05:21 PM

Originally posted by Trekkie:
So are we still going to be seeing a port of the ChosenOS theme or has it been killed again?
How about reading the whole thread. That COULD answer your question.

Trekkie
Forum Regular
Oct 17, 2002, 05:49 PM

Originally posted by ambush:

How about reading the whole thread. That COULD answer your question.
I've been checking this thread every few hours since it was created. As I see it a new theme is being spawned from the original ChosenOS. I asked my question to clarify if that's what the port is going to be or else a new theme is in fact being made since I prefer the original ChosenOS, not what's being tossed around now.
-Trekkie
To point, click and boldly go...

ambush
Banned
Oct 17, 2002, 06:00 PM

I agree..
How about porting the ORIGINAL chosenOS to jag???

wil
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 17, 2002, 06:02 PM

this is turning into a very sweet theme. i really hope you complete it to the level of detail you seem dedicated!

3 cheers for dazzla

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 17, 2002, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Trekkie:

I've been checking this thread every few hours since it was created. As I see it a new theme is being spawned from the original ChosenOS. I asked my question to clarify if that's what the port is going to be or else a new theme is in fact being made since I prefer the original ChosenOS, not what's being tossed around now.
Well sorry for tossing this around, but I don't feel like doing another port, I simply can't be assed with it. I'd rather do something orginal.

chosenOS can sit on my hard drive half finished forever as far as I'm concerned.

As for betas, not with this theme. I'll keep you up to date on the progress but that's it. I want to release this finished.

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2002, 08:23 PM

Also, he's already stated he would have to get approval to port ChoosenOS. He now has the opportunity to be original yet have a theme with some essence of it.

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 17, 2002, 09:23 PM

Originally posted by wil:
this is turning into a very sweet theme. i really hope you complete it to the level of detail you seem dedicated!

3 cheers for dazzla
I've got a good feeling about this, I can actually be assed to do it! I couldn't really be bothered with the ports. It's nearly 2:30 am and I've just finished the scrollbars completely. So many damn images...

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2002, 10:30 PM

I've got a good feeling about this, I can actually be assed to do it! I couldn't really be bothered with the ports. It's nearly 2:30 am and I've just finished the scrollbars completely. So many damn images...
Glad I mentioned it, hehe

J_Anderton
Forum Regular
Oct 17, 2002, 10:47 PM

So far, everything looks fantastic.

Keep it up the great work Dazzla.

There are NO Rules...

Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 17, 2002, 10:50 PM

We should name the thread "Dazzla's Themes" LOL

Macanoid
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 05:10 AM

Any news on when a beta of this wonderful theme will be available for download?

p.h..i...l....
Forum Regular
Oct 18, 2002, 12:02 PM

cant you read... he said there will be not beta ;-)

dazzla � looks really great so far

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 01:11 PM

Well, this is the last time you're gonna hear from me until it's done. I'm not posting any more screenshots, it's already ****ing being ported to Windows XP by someone you all know and love.

****s sake, see ya when it's done...

swiz
GUI Punk
Oct 18, 2002, 01:40 PM

Well, this is the last time you're gonna hear from me until it's done. I'm not posting any more screenshots, it's already ****ing being ported to Windows XP by someone you all know and love.

****s sake, see ya when it's done...
Does it bother you that Windows users will be able to use your theme design or that the port will be halfassed without the porter giving you proper credit?

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2002, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by swiz:

Does it bother you that Windows users will be able to use your theme design or that the port will be halfassed without the porter giving you proper credit?
That happens in the art world everyday. I draw comic books and design web sites and I see it everywhere.

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 02:21 PM

It bothers me because I was doing the Windows XP version, I've known this person for a long time now and I just didn't expect him to do this.

Gatorzx2
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2002, 02:32 PM

The least thing they can do is ask for permission....or even wait until the theme is complete. I bet I could guess who is doing the port/rip.

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by Gatorzx2:
The least thing they can do is ask for permission....or even wait until the theme is complete. I bet I could guess who is doing the port/rip.
I bet you could guess, you know him as well. He's said he won't post any screens of it or release it and I can only take his word for it. You and me have seen what happened with Brushed 2 over at Neowin.

Gatorzx2
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2002, 02:41 PM

I bet you could guess, you know him as well. He's said he won't post any screens of it or release it and I can only take his word for it. You and me have seen what happened with Brushed 2 over at Neowin.
Yea, he is very quick to jump on a theme. Hopefully this time he will keep his screenshots to himself.

swiz
GUI Punk
Oct 18, 2002, 03:55 PM

It bothers me because I was doing the Windows XP version, I've known this person for a long time now and I just didn't expect him to do this.
yeah that is mega BS. Some people... Its bad enough that he knows you and still goes ahead with it but to start it knowing that your still doing the creative on it and want to do the XP port yourself makes him probably one of the biggest aholes I could imagine. (and I dont know who your speaking of.)

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

Dace
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2002, 03:57 PM

I know who you talking about too In a way it's good and in another way it's bad...it all depends on who you ask and how you see it. But mostly it's just wrong...hope I didn't confuse or lose anyone...or worse, start a war

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 04:11 PM

yeah that is mega BS. Some people... Its bad enough that he knows you and still goes ahead with it but to start it knowing that your still doing the creative on it and want to do the XP port yourself makes him probably one of the biggest aholes I could imagine. (and I dont know who your speaking of.)
That's the thing, he's not an ahole, he's one of the good guys. It's just infuriating to see myself design the interface, then no sooner had I got started creating the Mac theme, I'm prompted over MSN that the Windows XP port has begun.

Hopefully I'm not proved wrong...

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by Dace:
I know who you talking about too In a way it's good and in another way it's bad...it all depends on who you ask and how you see it. But mostly it's just wrong...hope I didn't confuse or lose anyone...or worse, start a war
Explain to me what a good point in this is? The only way it could be worse was if the theme was gone ahead and released anyway. I know this guy won't do it, I trust him. It's just dis-heartening to see.

swiz
GUI Punk
Oct 18, 2002, 04:20 PM

That's the thing, he's not an ahole, he's one of the good guys. It's just infuriating to see myself design the interface, then no sooner had I got started creating the Mac theme, I'm prompted over MSN that the Windows XP port has begun.

Hopefully I'm not proved wrong...
If he is a good guy I would think he would stop the port at your request. If he refuses with whatever reason, then he sounds a little more sinister than good guy.

Dace
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2002, 04:45 PM

Explain to me what a good point in this is? The only way it could be worse was if the theme was gone ahead and released anyway. I know this guy won't do it, I trust him. It's just dis-heartening to see.
It`s good in the sense that it helps with the theme creation and/or port, it's bad if done without the author's permission. It's good 'cause it's a compliment that someone would one to spread it, it's bad if someone else takes credit for it. It's good because any form of creation is good, it's bad because if done poorly it could harm the original author's rep. And finally, it's good because no one is doing to get compensated or rewarded it's just for the sake of creating themes and giving. So the more people give the better. Is that clear? Anyways I don't want to get into a debate.

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 04:56 PM

It`s good in the sense that it helps with the theme creation and/or port, it's bad if done without the author's permission.
This does not in one way help in the creation. It's just detrimental, I feel like I don't wanna do the theme now because of it.

It's good 'cause it's a compliment that someone would one to spread it, it's bad if someone else takes credit for it.
I don't take it as a compliment, I take it as a kick in the teeth.

It's good because any form of creation is good, it's bad because if done poorly it could harm the original author's rep.
Nothing's being created.

And finally, it's good because no one is doing to get compensated or rewarded it's just for the sake of creating themes and giving. So the more people give the better. Is that clear? Anyways I don't want to get into a debate.
I will be making the WindowsXP version.

I was intending to finish this within the next few days because my Mac is on ebay, this won't happen now because I've lost motivation.

But like you said, there's a good point, it will be released for windows replete with skins for every app I can get my hands on...

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2002, 05:05 PM

Dazzla- You're not going to let some 'good guy' porting your theme over stop you from finishing this phat theme for X are you? You can't! That let's them win, because someone can say your theme never came out so yours wasn't the original. You need to complete this hot theme so everyone will know how much you rock and spread the word you've been dooked! (sp?)

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2002, 05:15 PM

Dude I think your thmeme was sick, I liked it so much here is how it looks

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 05:33 PM

Dazzla- You're not going to let some 'good guy' porting your theme over stop you from finishing this phat theme for X are you? You can't! That let's them win, because someone can say your theme never came out so yours wasn't the original. You need to complete this hot theme so everyone will know how much you rock and spread the word you've been dooked! (sp?)
Well, this is me I'm afraid:

http://idisk.mac.com/dazzla/Public/concept.jpg

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2002, 06:28 PM

Well, this is me I'm afraid:

http://idisk.mac.com/dazzla/Public/concept.jpg
You're afraid? Of what?

btw- That looks very sweet, looking forward to the finished theme. And if it is ported without your permission, tell which boards it's posted at and I'll go register and tell them all is was stolen without permission.

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 06:44 PM

You're afraid? Of what?

btw- That looks very sweet, looking forward to the finished theme. And if it is ported without your permission, tell which boards it's posted at and I'll go register and tell them all is was stolen without permission.
I was showing you the ebay page, that's my iMac on there for sale.

Gatorzx2
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2002, 06:44 PM

You're afraid? Of what?

What he means is, that is his iMac on eBay. I think he is crazy......

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by Gatorzx2:

What he means is, that is his iMac on eBay. I think he is crazy......
Lol, my mac isn't on ebay because of this little drama. It's on there for another reason, the point I was trying to make was that I wanted to finish this theme before my Mac went.

J_Anderton
Forum Regular
Oct 18, 2002, 07:15 PM

Lol, my mac isn't on ebay because of this little drama. It's on there for another reason, the point I was trying to make was that I wanted to finish this theme before my Mac went.
Sooooo...you are not going to have a Mac at all when you get rid of your iMac? Do you plan on getting another Mac or staying with Windows?

You have to stay with the Mac and make more great themes!

There are NO Rules...

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2002, 08:50 PM

I was showing you the ebay page, that's my iMac on there for sale.
why are you selling your iMac?
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

dazzla  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2002, 08:58 PM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:

why are you selling your iMac?
That's personal and totally unrelated to anything here.

swiz
GUI Punk
Oct 18, 2002, 09:25 PM

That's personal and totally unrelated to anything here.
But are you going to obtain another Mac and/or stick around here?

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2002, 02:52 AM

hey, I've been totally loving Rodium but I noticed this when using the WC3 editor. The theme seems fine everywhere else though. Anyone know whats up?

- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Macanoid
Senior User
Oct 19, 2002, 03:00 AM

What a rather unfortunate incident. I really hope you will have enough motivation to finish that theme for the Mac community. Should that not be the case, would it be possible to let someone else finish it??

Take care man!

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2002, 05:25 PM

Theme Vultures suck. And thats just insane if someone is porting it before your even finished with it yourself. And if it's who I think it is doing it, they tend to take any popular theme and try to "steal" credit for themselves by reworking it somehow. Too bad theres nothing anyone can do, I have gotten to the point where I have just given up with my themeing attempts and told people, if they really want to screw up my themes, go ahead. There are now at least 4 reworked versions of watercolour floating around cause I got sick of saying no, and they are just pathetic colour variations or a changed start button. Ugh.
I am all for the authors right's now, and I feel if dazzla wants to stop working on it, he should, cause whats the sense of working hard on something if it's just going to be "stolen". Especially stolen before it's even reality.

just my 2 cents

Chris

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2002, 11:43 AM

Dazzla- Any luck of a beta of the theme before you package up your imac?

Forum Links
Forum Rules