Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Dakar's Halo 3 Thread

Dakar's Halo 3 Thread (Page 37)
sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 26, 2008, 02:33 PM

Ohhh NOOOooooooo!

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2008, 05:17 PM

Fatty my friend i apologize for ignoring you but i've been on a mission these past few days and it has been completed. After some terrible Team Doubles performances i decided to go Lone Wolf and was at a level 22. After a week of ups and downs i finally got up to 30 on sunday and today after some long days after work i archived my goal... a level 40. If it wasen't obvious Halo has made its resurgence in my xbox and i'm ready to frag some 'NN geeks.

EDIT for bragging image:

( Last edited by klb5090; Jun 27, 2008 at 06:50 PM. )

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2008, 06:22 PM

I'll try to join you guys tonight. It'll be late though... probably Midnight EST.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2008, 07:24 PM

Grats Kevin! I have all but given up on ranking, I'm too rusty these days anyhow.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2008, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
Grats Kevin! I have all but given up on ranking, I'm too rusty these days anyhow.
Thanks! Yea i was REAL rusty for a while there, i've got a little bit better but the last few games of LW i got straight up lucky (a few close call wins on f***** oddball and a shotgun whoring game on the Pit put me over the 38 ---> 40 edge) but i know i've reached my ceiling there's no way i'll get to be the almighty Brig.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2008, 02:33 AM

Where were you jerks? No one signed in last night.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 28, 2008, 04:38 AM

I guess without a set time, people have different ideas of what time to go on. I was playing Halo half the day (got it off for various reasons), but obviously not the half when other people are actually doing stuff.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Andy8
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2008, 10:51 AM

My current work project will end later next week, so my daytimes will become free again to dust off my 360.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 28, 2008, 02:18 PM

I'm free all day, I'll keep an eye on my Xbox Live Widget.

Also, Congrats to Boguesy! Just another 5 ranks and you can tie things up with Fatty!

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2008, 08:38 AM

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/H...ldstorage2.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/H...ldstorage1.jpg

Available for free on the Marketplace starting today.

Very cell-shady looking.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 7, 2008, 10:51 AM

Bad-ass, gonna fire up H3 and snag it right away.

Any chance of playing soon, dakar?

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2008, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Bad-ass, gonna fire up H3 and snag it right away.

Any chance of playing soon, dakar?
No, not really. I've got a loaded month ahead of me.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 7, 2008, 11:31 AM

That's a bummer, man.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2008, 11:34 AM

I have the distinct feeling I'll be downloading this map and not even playing on it for 2-3 weeks.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2008, 12:21 PM

Nice! I'll grab this as well.

I picked up Ninja Gaiden 2 and Splinter Cell (whatever the latest one is called) this weekend on a whim. I had 4 games I wanted to trade in so I got those 2 in exchange. I haven't played Splinter Cell yet, but Ninja Gaiden is pretty fun. Just a hack n' slash button masher, but I enjoy those games from time to time. Plus, its ninja related, so there ya go.

I'll probably be spending most of my time playing those 2 games for a while, but if there's a meetup scheduled I'll do my best to make it.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2008, 10:51 PM

downloaded Cold Storage and i have a sense of nostalgia (idk if theres any Halo CE fans here but i remember the days of LAN play on xbox) So i'm all about having a meet up with the NNers .
I just purchased Mass Effect off ebay on the CHEAP so i've been playing that (i generally HATE RPG's but this game is just awe inspiring, from the story and characters to the battles its cinematic like nothing i've ever played)

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2008, 11:12 PM

The Bungie Day playlist was a bit slow network-wise tonight, but great nostalgia playing on Cold Storage.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2008, 05:59 PM

Cold Storage rules!

Gonna be on for a few games tonight around 930 - 11PM EST.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2008, 11:37 PM

Played a little tonight.

Dominated SWAT, got pwned on Cold Storage (King of the Hill twice, ugh)

Fatty-O-Ramasâ„¢ Cold Storage Edition

The main room, in 1800px-wide glory

Adjacent to the main room, cleverly placed Rockets over my head.

Doom 3-esque back room complete with squishy goodness outside. I am facing the BR spawn.

Probably play a lot tomorrow night, think I have Thursday off.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2008, 03:06 AM

Nice! Fatty-O-Ramas never disappoint.

I'm going to an A's game tomorrow night but should be Haloing it up on Thursday.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2008, 12:10 PM

Hmm, Thursday might be the perfect night for me too. I'm actually working tomorrow but not Friday.

Fatty and Crosbie, Thursday night 11PM (EST) - question marks.

be there.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2008, 12:42 PM

Will do. It's a shame Dakar is too "busy" to Halo it up. What about it Boguesy & ::maroma::? Will you guys be there Thursday night?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2008, 12:49 PM

Bogues has been in love with Mass Effect and ::maroma:: is hitting the Ninja Gaiden pretty hard lately.

Hopefully our awesomeness can tear them away for old-skool Halo 3.

If nothing else we can count on a 1 on 1 Halo date with each other.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jul 10, 2008, 12:32 AM

as long as work isn't being a b**** i'm all in for some thursday fragging with the NN crew.
expect me to be on at least after 12 for sure

paging maroma

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 11, 2008, 02:47 AM

Wow, heck of a gaming night.

Fiesta is up for the Double XP weekend, and thanks to it I now have a bar under my bird.

Hilarity to immense to name, pics to come.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jul 11, 2008, 03:22 AM

good times guys, definitely some moments to remember, pics coming for sure
and yes the bird has a bar, the only way to end the night at 3am

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 11, 2008, 03:33 AM

Yeah, I got some hilarious videos and pics too. I try to post them up after work tomorrow. Hopefully .mac will be back online.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 11, 2008, 04:41 PM

Thanks to a hectic morning and afternoon you'll have to wait a few days for the O-ramas and proper analysis.

Until then, revel in my pwnage of this game.

Fiestanaut on Gaurdian

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 19, 2008, 01:29 PM

Double-XP weekend brought back Grifball!

I just missed Bogues by 1 minute when I signed on, hopefully he'll come back later. Everyone else, I'll be watching my Live widget to see if anyone signs on for some Grifin.'

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 19, 2008, 02:19 PM

In yet another desperate attempt to keep this thread alive I have some shots from the last mini-NN-meetup between Stogie, Bogues and I.

Before KB signed on me and Stogie did some Rocket Race. After being hit by two rockets at the same time down in the river we landed way up here.

This game proved to be the best matchup between Bogues and I ever. Fiesta Ball on Blackout.

After I grabbed the ball for a beginning run of 24 seconds it was Bogues that came to end my life. We ended up killing eachother.

Where to begin in this photo? First off look at the extra forearm in front of my face that has no body. Second, look at the left arm of Bogues, which is twisted in such a horrible manner it must've spawned the extra limb out of pain. Thirdly, Fatty pulled his best rock-em sock-em robot impression by stretching his neck out an extra 6 inches.

Bogues giving me his meanest left-hook milliseconds before he would eat laser. Fatty still in the lead, but Bogues closing in.

Just before Bogues can tie Fatty up, I make him eat rocket.

After I murdered my way through whatever jabronies had the ball, Bogues hammers me off the map allowing me very little time with the ball. He would then overtake me by 2 seconds during this possession.

I regain the ball and start closing the gap on Bogues, until he steamrolls through me with a well-timed shotgun blast. Game is tied until Bogues picks up the ball.

I snipe KB just as he makes it to 90 points (out of 100) and get killed before I can add any to my 88. Bogues would get the ball yet again and race to 94 before I close the noose and make him another rocket sandwich.

Thanks to him killing anyone near me I am able to waltz to 100 and the victory, but not without me looking over my shoulder waiting for Kevin to pull off some outrageous kill of Fatty and steal the win. During the film I was counting kills between the two of us and KB managed to kill me 3 more times than I killed him. A few lucky breaks went my way allowing me the win.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2008, 10:08 PM

unbelievable write up for a even more unbelievable game.

Definitely a match to remember and some great pictures too fatty, good stuff bro. Grifball is back and i'm all about it, we need to hit some up NN style before it goes away...

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 19, 2008, 10:52 PM

I'm playing right now, Grifin' it up!

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2008, 01:24 AM

I don't know if its the renders or what, but the white armor looks slicker than usual there.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2008, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
I don't know if its the renders or what, but the white armor looks slicker than usual there.
hey stranger, I agree the white does look good it could just be blackouts contrast

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2008, 02:15 AM

Some good games this eve Fatty (grifball killionaire, rocket race, MLG)
Grifball was insane -

MLG Slayer on Guardian -

My play of the evening.
After a quick man cannon across i run into some elite running up the ramp

As i move in he decides to go hide underneath...

Bank shot

And we all know the rest...

Fatty and some backup

MORE TO COME...

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2008, 02:29 AM

a quick 2:30am bogues-o-rama...
Rocket Race on Sandtrap, bogues and alex vs mr fatty mcbiscuits and 01010100 kid

Alex601
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2008, 02:51 AM

Hah Mcbiscuit never had a chance with 01010100 on his team
iBook g4 - 800MHz Power Pc G4 - 640 MB

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2008, 11:15 AM

FattyMcBiscuits approves of those pictures!

Edit: 3 Exterminations.....dayum.
( Last edited by sek929; Jul 20, 2008 at 11:31 AM. )

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2008, 04:22 PM

Damn... missed out on last night's action (went and saw The Dark Night instead). I'll be on later tonight (6-7pm PST) if anyone wants to meet up.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2008, 06:06 PM

I'll be on till around 11:30pm (Venture Bros. new episode time) with my buddy Cheezy who recently got Halo 3 back after loaning it to his friend for months.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2008, 07:41 PM

Grif-O-Ramas!

...and now more regular random pics from yesterday's shenenigan-filled evening.

Even scoring results in death in Grifball.

Artistic interpretation of the chaos that is Grifball....what?

This is me and the other team's ball carrier. We had 5 people (including Bogues) and we were rigging games as ties.

Back in Slayer, I call this one "Goodbye."

There are two accompanying film clips from the Slayer game. A great 'nade toss and a snipe that couldn't have been cut any closer.
Just click here...and queue them to your 360 of course.

Alex601
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2008, 10:13 AM

Yeah Sek you were standing on my head for that whole game, and with all those betrayals i wonder how many times we got reported that night. Oh and that picture thats all black and white is amazing.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2008, 06:16 PM

I'm on a SWAT roll!

From last night to just now I am undefeated in SWAT, 7/7

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 22, 2008, 12:44 PM

Well I got to 10/10 and lost one, and then won.....and then proceeded to start getting my ass kicked all night.....sigh, oh well.

SWAT RANT

Everyone is an Elite....stupid f**king Elite with a headshot area half the size of a Spartan. His stupid Elite shoulders make side-on shots more difficult and even strait-on shots are twice as hard as a Spartan. Forget about getting him in the back of the head....

So now everyone I play against in SWAT is a stupid goddamned Elite, because they assume it'll make them win. Well I schooled more than my fair share of high-ranking Elites yesterday and I can say that they only succeeded in bastardizing my favorite scenario. I **** you not, 90% of everyone you face in SWAT is an Elite, while other scenarios you'll barely see one out of 8 people.

Bungie needs to address this, I don't remember Elites being any different (besides the from behind headshot) in Halo 2. I would say at least 25% of my missed kill opportunities are soley due to the lousy headshot area of the Elite. I'll put 2 BR bursts into an Elite's face strait ahead of me and he'll shrug it off and kill me with one easy burst.

Yes, yes, complaining about not getting a kill is a very cliché 14-year old thing to do in Halo, but this wasn't once or twice, it was at least 50 times. My "Most Killed" was ALWAYS an opposing teammate that wasn't an Elite, regardless of rank. That's ridiculous! I was playing with my buddy Cheezy and he took 5 screenshots, from different games, of an Elite getting smacked right in the head with all three bullets of a BR burst and not dying.

This spills over to regular Slayer. So if an Elite's shields are down he is going to have a severe advantage to a shieldless Spartan? That isn't right, Halo is about balance, and it most certainly is about having everyone's characters on an even field, kinda like NASCAR. It comes down to skill instead of inherent advantage.

I can't see anything happening though, changing an entire character because of an exploit in one playlist isn't worth it. Until then I'll continue to be pissed-off all the time in my favorite ranked playlist, because I'm way to proud to join the rest of those jerks.

Edit: Upon perusing the Bungie forums it seems this a very widespread problem. Even those that switched to Elites say they can see blood spurting in front of them when then get hit in the face, but they are able to go on living.

Two suggestions: Elites get the Carbine instead. While more powerful round for round it has one precise 'bullet', as opposed to the 3 burst of the BR that can sweep a larger area in one shot. The rounds are also easily traced to their origin. Second suggestion, ban Elites from SWAT, or ban Spartans. I'm not against the Elites, but I love SWAT to much to see it enter the long line of Halo scenarios that have been bastardized.
( Last edited by sek929; Jul 22, 2008 at 01:01 PM. )

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 22, 2008, 11:50 PM

To my surprise I got a good number of matches in tonight with Boguesy and Stogie. Ended on a high note with three Big Team Social games that I kicked ass in.

Exhibit A:

"Most Killed By" All Fatty

Alex601
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 23, 2008, 04:24 PM

Wow i 100% agree with your rant on Elites they seriously make me so freaking mad. But the only good thing about them is the sounds they make when they die, and if you ever hear Bogues do his Elite impression it is amazing he sounds as if he is the man who recorded it. Yet i have something that makes me just as mad as Elites.

And this might seem pointless to rant on but people who make new accounts make me f***** mad. Im there playing lonewolves and there is a guy who is actually a 50, a pro playing on a new account. At this point i already know i'm screwed cause i see that at least 70% of the people i'm going up against are really lvl 50. It makes it close to impossible for me to go up it, then after the game they say stuff like "Wow you suck you just got beat by a captain", ugh those things can really ruin a otherwise good experience.
( Last edited by Alex601; Jul 23, 2008 at 06:43 PM. )

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2008, 06:44 PM

so anyone down to get some games in tonight? i should be on around 11PM EST and definitely same time tomorrow.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 23, 2008, 07:17 PM

Yeah, I'll be on.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 24, 2008, 06:19 PM

Anyone going to be on tonight? Nobody showed up last night.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Anyone going to be on tonight? Nobody showed up last night.
yea i should be on, sorry stogie my girl called me late and wanted to go out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules